shape
carat
color
clarity

Price on AGS 0-0-0 1.1 ct.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TopShoTTa

Rough_Rock
I stopped up in Cleveland today to look at Vatche settings in person (I've previously only looked at them online) and to say I was quite impressed is an understatement. I really liked the Vatche X Prong setting! Anyway - In addition to looking at the setting I looked at 1 diamond that he had in stock.

Here are the details:

1.1 ct.
Color F
Clarity VS1
Triple 0 Ideal H&A

The price tag was $7000

He is going to fax me Monday with some prices and stats. on other AGS H&A diamonds that he can get and we are going to go from there.

My question to all of you is first - is that price of 7K a good deal or about avg. Also, would I be better off lowering the standards of the diamond to say a G or H in color and a VS2 or lower in clarity to get a better price? Will I really be able to tell the difference by looking at it with the naked eye? Also - what kind of deal do you think I should try and get on both the setting and the stone? I'll be paying in cash which I'm assuming should give me more bargaining power.

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
ShoTTa

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
HI

I am setting my stone in a Vatche setting. The two I looked at in person was exceptional in design and craftmanship.

JMOH - I think you will either pay less or go up in carat weight if you went w/ g/h especially is the stone is well cut. You may consider buying a stone w/ bl. fluor also (often makes the stone face up a better color. I personally don't think once set you will see any difference. Besides, some people prefer a diamond in this color range. As for clarity VS 2 or an eye clean SI1 will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results