shape
carat
color
clarity

Price on a brillant cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ziembacon

Rough_Rock
Hi all, could give me a fair price on the following 2 stones?
1.105 G s11 ags000 h&a
Diameter: 6.67
Depth: 61.6
C.Angle: 35.1
C.Height: 16.2
Pav. Angle: 40.8
Pav. Depth: 42.6
Culet: .3 v.small
Table: 54.6
Girdle: 1.1 thin
Fluor:inert-faint #2
1.001 F s12 ags000
Diameter: 6.48
Depth: 60.3
C.Angle: 33.9
C.Height: 14.6
Pav. Angle: 40.9
Pav. Depth: 42.6
Culet: .5 v.small
Table: 57.1
Girdle: 1.7 medium
Fluor:faint-med blueThank you all for your expert help.-Jon

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ziembacon,Internet prices for the similar stones (unbranded) about $6,300 and $5,800 for the #1 and #2 correspondingly.If they are branded products and/or from B&M store, you could expect price to be higher...

ziembacon

Rough_Rock
Wow, Fast reply leonid. Thanks so much. I'm not sure by what you mean by branded. I know the first one is a girdle inscribed hearts and arrow but the second one is not.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
There are quite a few diamond brands. Usually they are round "ideal" and H&A cuts or special fancy cuts. For example, Lazar Kaplan, Hearts on Fire, A Cut Above, SuperbCert, EightStar, etc.Branded goods are usually more consistent in the cut quality and cost more. Sometimes significantly more...
smile.gif
As for the total depth, it shouldn’t be so strict. Have a look at the tutorial on this site written by Garry Holloway, i.e. www.pricescope.com/tutor_60.asp . The angles are more important than total depth. You can get a poor looking diamond with 60% total depth if crown and pavilion angles are wrong.Both diamonds have excellent crown and pavilion angles so you shouldn’t worry about 61.6% total depth.Try to run the proportions of these diamonds on the Holloway Cut Adviser: www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp .

ziembacon

Rough_Rock
I just read on another web site that you should never, ever go over 61% on total depth. That it is a badly cut stone if you do go over 61%. Is this true?-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results