shape
carat
color
clarity

Price OK? for this 1.51ct diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
1.51ct
G color
SI2 (Small inclusions slightly visible)
GIA Cut Grade: Ideal
Fluorescence: Medium

Price at USD 5900? Is this a good deal?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 11:24:51 PM
Author:karenxuan
1.51ct
G color
SI2 (Small inclusions slightly visible)
GIA Cut Grade: Ideal
Fluorescence: Medium

Price at USD 5900? Is this a good deal?
no such grade from GIA. is this from a local vendor?

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
ha, mistake.

The Cut Grade is "Excellent" on the GIA report. Is this worth buying?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 1:32:02 AM
Author: karenxuan
ha, mistake.

The Cut Grade is ''Excellent'' on the GIA report. Is this worth buying?
can you post the GIA report?

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
I don''t have this report at hand right now. Just want to check about the pricing first
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 1:52:34 AM
I don''t have this report at hand right now. Just want to check about the pricing first
1.gif
do you have the GIA report #''s ? really hard to guess without more information.

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
No. Otherwise, I''d have retrieved it myself from the GIA website.
2.gif

Just want to have a comparatively rough idea whether it is worthy or not.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
There isn''t enough information. You need measurements off the GIA report to assess the cut quality...for starters. It also depends on what you are looking for. Are you interested in a well-cut stone? Biggest bang for your money? Buying from a B&M, internet vendor, friend of a friend?

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
Get your point. I am also waiting to see the GIA report to make a HCA assessment. If the HCA is below 2.0, is it a good buy?

I will buy from internet vendor.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:54:58 AM
Get your point. I am also waiting to see the GIA report to make a HCA assessment. If the HCA is below 2.0, is it a good buy?

I will buy from internet vendor.
It could be a good buy but you want to make absolutely sure it is eyeclean by asking the vendor also.

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
As I mentioned earlier, there is small inclusion slightly visible. Is it still a good buy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 6:23:29 AM
As I mentioned earlier, there is small inclusion slightly visible. Is it still a good buy?
GIA Excellent are not created equal so I really need the depth, table, crown and pavilion angles, diameter etc before I can advise of its purchase potential.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 6:23:29 AM
Just use the diamond search tool under "Pricescope your diamond" at the top of this page. Blue Nile also has a great diamond search tool that will help you check out the pricing of similar diamonds.

ETA - Beyond that, when a stone is priced less than similar stones, there is probably a reason why. A visible inclusion, for example, may not bother you, but it might bother other people, and that might be a reason a stone is less expensive.

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
Here comes more details of this diamond

1.51 ct, G color, SI2, GIA Cut Grade: Ex

A slight pinpoint is visible while tilting the stone, no fluorescence detected to the naked eye

Table: 56%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown: 35
Pavilion: 41

Polish: Ex
Symmytry: VG

Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Measurements: 7.36 7.42 4.57

Price at USD 5900

Is this a good buy?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
slightly steep in the pavilion angle for that crown angle. might be worth considering but need access to IS or ASET image to really tell.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 12:12:34 PM
Here comes more details of this diamond

1.51 ct, G color, SI2, GIA Cut Grade: Ex

A slight pinpoint is visible while tilting the stone, no fluorescence detected to the naked eye

Table: 56%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown: 35
Pavilion: 41

Polish: Ex
Symmytry: VG

Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Measurements: 7.36 7.42 4.57

Price at USD 5900

Is this a good buy?
It would be best to have an ASET or Idealscope for this angle combo, can you get these at all? Have you seen the diamond in person?

karenxuan

Rough_Rock
This diamond is from an online vendor. So I didn''t see it in person. Nor does this vendor provide the IS report or ASET report. Then any suggestion on how I should pursue based on the information I have? Buy or not buy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 10:31:39 PM
This diamond is from an online vendor. So I didn't see it in person. Nor does this vendor provide the IS report or ASET report. Then any suggestion on how I should pursue based on the information I have? Buy or not buy?
I would really like at least Idealscope for this angle combo as it is possible it could show light leakage but without this I have no way of knowing. All you can do is to order it if you wish and see what you think, make sure the vendor has a guaranteed return policy.

Also check very carefully that the diamond is eyeclean, it is a large rock and might not be at SI2 clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results