shape
carat
color
clarity

price of princess cut diamond in aruba

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
I posted a story earlier of our princess cut polish crisis. My husband and I went to Aruba on our honeymoon. We met a very reputable jeweler while there. Since that trip, I emailed the jeweler asking a price quote for a .85/.90 princess cut diamond, VVS1-VVS2, E, perfect square or very close. He quoted me around $3500 in the average cut range. Does this sound accurate. I know the prices there were significantly better than where we are in New England. He said he would mail the diamond to us and we can return if that does not meet our standards. Would you consider this? Or should we go through our jeweler who would have to order princess cut anyway since they do not sell them. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Charmed. It sounds like an excellent price, but no less than what you could purchase it for here in the US on the internet, or from a local jeweler who is willing to be competitive with internet pricing.

I did a quick search on pricescope (on the menu above) and found several diamonds in that quality and the same price neighborhood.

Also, keep in mind that there's about a 15% price jump in price when you venture into the 0.90+ carat area. The $3500 estimate is probably more easily realized in the 0.85 to 0.89 carat size than in the 0.90-0.94 carat size.

jcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi charmed,

Did the jeweller from Aruba send any copies of certificates from GIA, AGS, or EGL?
If they did, please post it here so we may give you our professional opinions.
By the way, where did you stay?
My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt about 4 years ago on our honeymoon.
:wavey:

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Rich and JC. I have not received any certs yet but will request them if we decide to do business with the jeweler in Aruba. I feel like I have learned so much through this website! So thank you!

JC, we stayed at the Diva Aruba mega all inclusive resort. We had a great time! Aruba was a very good choice for a honeymoon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results