shape
carat
color
clarity

price of princess cut 1.13

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I came across a princess cut
GIA cert dated June 1999
1.13c G/VS
5.95x5.90x4.08
depth: 69.2
table: 69
polish: very good
symmetry: good
flourescence: nonecompared next to many other G color VS quality with recent GIA certificate, it looks rather glassier and not as sparkling. I wonder why since it falls into very good cut category.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I wonder if crown and pavilion angles are so important, why GIA doesn't list them on certificate.Most info site on internet led me to believe that fancy cuts have no standards, so go by length:width, depth, table size, etc. but didn't mention the crown and pavilion angles.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
GIA is a little late with this. Other labs already provide this info.There are rumors that GIA is going to change their reports and add more cut related information to their reports.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I thought crown and pavilion angles are only important for the rounds.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How about crown and pavilion angles? Light performance crucialy depends on their combination.I know GIA doesn't give this info... so if you want to study it deeper you'd need these numbers or use Ideal-Scope to see how much light the diamond leaks.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I wonder since knowing total depth does not mean stone is pretty. Isn't it more useful to list the pavilion depth and crown height instead?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Crown and pavilion angles are important for any shape of diamond because they determine whether light will return to your eyes.If you will look at AGA charts, www.gemappraisers.com , you'll see that crown angle is there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results