shape
carat
color
clarity

Price of fancy sidestones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m possibly going to have a 3-stone ring made with Leon Mege. He gave me a very reasonable quote for the metal, melee and labor which is within my budget, but he won''t be able to give me a quote on the sidestones until later.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what a pair of fancy cut sidestones would cost at around .25 cts each, .50 cts total weight? The shapes that I like are half moons (step cut and brilliant), shields and traps. I would appreciate any feedback, or any links to vendors that sell fancy sidestones so I can get an idea of what the cost would be before moving forward with the project.

Thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t remember the cost of my sidestones, but they were reasonable. Also, Leon won''t start the project until he finds the right ones. That''s why my current one was delayed.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:18:17 PM
Author: Harriet
I don''t remember the cost of my sidestones, but they were reasonable. Also, Leon won''t start the project until he finds the right ones. That''s why my current one was delayed.
Thanks - it''s good to have that info. I tried on some rings with an RB center with either half moon or shield sidestones and I just loved them. I''m still undecided on exactly what shape I like, and I''m not a rush, so I just wanted to put feelers out there and see ... if the pair is going to cost more that $1000, I may need to wait on the project ...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pears? His 3-stones with pears are gorgeous.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you mean something like this on the side stone? this was .40 ctw... sorry disregard me, if I"m totally off :) trying to get an idea.

moonwfthreestone1.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:52:02 PM
Author: Harriet
No pears? His 3-stones with pears are gorgeous.
I like pears too, but one of my best friends has that exact ring, and when I told her I wanted to add sidestones like she has, she got a little territorial
emsmile.gif
I don''t want a ring identical to hers, so I''m going to go with a different shape.

I couldn''t believe how much I liked the half moons, so I think I''ll probably end up with those.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:58:06 PM
Author: dannyandterry
do you mean something like this on the side stone? this was .40 ctw... sorry disregard me, if I''m totally off :) trying to get an idea.
Yes - just like those! I still would want Leon to make the ring (love his double claw prongs) but I''ll check out that one ...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 6:19:18 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 3/24/2009 5:58:06 PM
Author: dannyandterry
do you mean something like this on the side stone? this was .40 ctw... sorry disregard me, if I'm totally off :) trying to get an idea.
Yes - just like those! I still would want Leon to make the ring (love his double claw prongs) but I'll check out that one ...
Yes- I love the double claw prongs too,,, if I were to get prongs.... much later down the road, I"d definitely agree- double is such a beautiful thing to have, who knew something like prongs mattered ehhh? I never knew of any other prongs until I found PS.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Vespergirl!

I''m coming out of a long, long lurkdom to hopefully help! I''m having Leon make me a three stone ring right now and I was hesitant to go with him at first not having any idea about the cost of the sidestones. I did multiple searches on PS trying to get even a basic idea on price with no luck....I finally bit the bullet and decided to work with him and I''m so glad I did because his prices were really reasonable.

My sidestones are step cut traps totalling .49 carat and the price was only $1,100 for the pair! They are VS1 clarity and H color. If you want higher color it might be more, but I checked with two other vendors (one online that comes highly recommended here and one B&M store) and Leon''s price was actually the best.
36.gif

Good luck with your ring
21.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product. I love his pear side stones. He had one up there with hearts too [that was really gorgeous] but it seems to have disappeared [it was a nice sapphire].

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:00:54 PM
Author: gummibear
Hi Vespergirl!

I''m coming out of a long, long lurkdom to hopefully help! I''m having Leon make me a three stone ring right now and I was hesitant to go with him at first not having any idea about the cost of the sidestones. I did multiple searches on PS trying to get even a basic idea on price with no luck....I finally bit the bullet and decided to work with him and I''m so glad I did because his prices were really reasonable.

My sidestones are step cut traps totalling .49 carat and the price was only $1,100 for the pair! They are VS1 clarity and H color. If you want higher color it might be more, but I checked with two other vendors (one online that comes highly recommended here and one B&M store) and Leon''s price was actually the best.
36.gif

Good luck with your ring
21.gif
Yay, that''s great news! My husband originally gave me a $2k budget, which is now up to $3500 (you know how these things go ;-) Anyway, I am so happy to hear that, because I was hoping to only spend around $1000 on the sidestones. Your size, color & clarity are exactly what I wanted to go for. I may actually even end up with step cut traps (I promise not to copy you though ;-)

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom - you''ll need to post some pics of your ring when it''s done - sounds like it will be gorgeous!
emteeth.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Glad I could help, vespergirl!

What kind of center stone are you getting? I have a 1.81 carat Emerald cut diamond, H, VS1. I got the stone from ERD and I love it! The setting will be simple platinum, single prongs with no pave. I love the double prongs, but I thought it would maybe be a bit much with my center stone...? I do love those double prongs though
25.gif

Leon quoted me four weeks and it''s been a little over one week so far...I think I''m going to go nuts waiting!!!
19.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
This sounds like such an exciting project -- good for you! I
30.gif
his three stone rings. I particularly love half moons and traps!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, Im so excited for you, Vesper!!! What a fun project!!!

Gummi- you NEED to post pics of your ring when you get it- PLEASE!! I cant wait to see it!!
36.gif
I ADORE EC's, especially with those sidestones, that is going to be gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I considered a reset of my own EC last yr- I totally wanted to add the step cut traps to the sides, but ultimately decided to wait on it until I was 100% positive.....
14.gif
So I really cant wait to see your ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:29:32 PM
Author: gummibear
Thanks! Glad I could help, vespergirl!

What kind of center stone are you getting? I have a 1.81 carat Emerald cut diamond, H, VS1. I got the stone from ERD and I love it! The setting will be simple platinum, single prongs with no pave. I love the double prongs, but I thought it would maybe be a bit much with my center stone...? I do love those double prongs though
25.gif

Leon quoted me four weeks and it''s been a little over one week so far...I think I''m going to go nuts waiting!!!
19.gif
Wow, that ring with be gorgeous! I love ECs - they are one of my favorite shapes. I''m going to keep the RB I have in my avatar as my center stone, but I''m still undecided on side stones ...

I can''t wait to see your ring once it''s done!
emteeth.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
The traps on my ring are .21 (I think .21 each but I never really figured that out) and around $400 for the pair. I cant wait to see what you come up with.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi vesper!The center stone in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous! I think it would look lovely with pear sides. I''m an Emerald lover, but my second choice ring would be a round with pear sides and Leon has the most beautiful ones I''ve ever seen...maybe some day
31.gif

Dani!-- I can''t tell you how much I love your ring!!! I''ve admired it for months while I was deciding on what to pick (I''m embarassed to say it''s actually saved on my computer
9.gif
) and I especially like lower-set rings like yours because I''m afraid I''ll bump the setting on something...I did that once with an antique deco ring and not only tore the shank in half, it pinched my finger and I had to rip the thing off me, LOL.

I think your Emerald with traps would be amazing and I will definitely post pics when I get mine...if I can figure out how to do that.
20.gif
I have some pics of my stone that I can try posting, but I''ll wait for another thread so I don''t jack vesper''s!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gummi!!!! I cant wait to see your ring!!!!

Vesper- cant wait to see what u choose!!! Keep us posted!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results