shape
carat
color
clarity

Price of Champagne Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
Was this a good price for this ring?
1.51 ct SI1 C6
two .27 ct VS2 G''s
in a 14kt white band

all stones are pricess cut
looks beautiful

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
negitiated down to ~4k

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Seems a lot of money to me...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Are the (2) G/VS2's 0.27 ct. each, or 0.27 ct. total?

How's the color look on the C-6? Is it strictly brown, or does it have any modifying hues, such as yellow or orange? Does it appear to be well cut? Do you have the measurements on it, or any kind of certificate info?

Has the seller confirmed that the color is of natural origin?

Is the ring mounting light weight, medium weight, or heavy?

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
the sides are .54 total

I don't have measurements but all the stone look very pretty and reflect light extremely well

The center stone has sort of a fire color to it. I guess a mix of orange and brown. Very consistent color.

The prongs are a v-shape yellow gold around the center and white everywhere else. i guess the color is sort of a deep golden auburn.

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
natural champagne from australia

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
With the disclaimer that all fancy colored diamonds need to be seen to be properly judged, I'd say that seems like a very fair price, especially if you're getting it from a "bricks & mortar" retail jeweler.

The brown hue modified with orange is one of the more popular and beautiful of the brown hues.

Should be a pretty sharp looking ring. Fancy colors are so classy.

I would make the sale contingent upon it appraising out with an independent appraiser to your satisfaction. Then there's no way you can lose. It's a reasonable request, which most dealers will go along with.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Rich, if the diamond is brownish orange, I agree with you, it could be a fair price, but if it's a fancy brown, then it's really a lot...

Giangi

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
I have a copy of that color scale. Computer screen doesn't do it justice.

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
I got the ring for valentine's day.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
Thank you
1.gif

My husband actually re-proposed to me. We will be married 10 years next year. So this was an early anniversary present. He proposed on valentines day the first time too.

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
It sort of falls between the C5 and C6 on the scale (cloaser to C6). It was listed as dark champagne for the insurance certificate.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Brown modified by orange definitely brings more money. Hey frizzy, is there anyway you can post a photo of the ring?

Nice to have you around, Giangi. "One man sharpens another, as iron sharpens iron".

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
I would if I could!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Again congrats!!!!! I just saw that the total weight of small princesses is 0.54... I thought they were about 0.13-0.14 each...
Since they're 0.27 each, I must correct myself and say that this price is very reasonable!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but I just assumed that 0.27 was the total weight...

Giangi

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rich, you ROCK
9.gif
9.gif
! Thank you

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
That makes me feel better. I was hoping we didn't overpay. Thanks.

I've acually been looking at this ring for close to a year. Just couldn't get it out of my mind.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
And you bought it! You did the right thing!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I bet it's beautiful!

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
My Husband's idea. I just wanted to show it to him. But he liked it too. He heard me talk about it for so long. He wouldn't tell me when I was getting it. I had a clue though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results