shape
carat
color
clarity

Price negotiating w/ online companies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yoeddie

Rough_Rock
Obviously I''m new to this, and I''m just curious if it''s possible and a good or bad idea in any way to try to negotiate (nothing ridiculous) with online diamond companies. Especially for instances where you might buy both the stone and setting at the same place. I''m just curious if negotiating would be a typical tactic at the "maul" or not, and if so (or if not) does it apply to online firms? I think I want to buy from WhiteFlash when it comes time, and so I''m just wondering if asking for a little bit better deal is okay, given that I plan to buy both the stone and setting from them. Thanks!

james100

Rough_Rock
You might like to see the thread for some ideas
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/summary-of-my-e-ring-buying-experience-and-proposal-whiteflash.7774/
wavey.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi yoeddie,

many internet vendors, especially like the ones found here at pricescope, operate on very little markup, so you may not be able to negotiate that much, if at all. at the mauls, you can definitely negotiate since their markup is incredibly high.

that being said, you can still ask the online vendor if there is something that can be done about the price. just remember to be professional. if you go with any of the pricescope vendors, they deserve nothing less. catching bees with honey and not vinegar...

good luck and hope this helps a little.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/8/2003 8:52:33 PM yoeddie wrote:
I think I want to buy from WhiteFlash when it comes time, and so I'm just wondering if asking for a little bit better deal is okay, given that I plan to buy both the stone and setting from them. Thanks!
----------------
You are aware that the pricescope price for wf goods is back about 5% from their website price? Like was said, no harm in asking and they may do a few percent more for you, but if the combination of stone, service, and price isn't to your liking you may be better off shopping someplace else
1.gif

stonelover

Rough_Rock
Elmo is right, no harm trying! Compare prices so that you get a feel of what you should pay. I think vendors will be the first to tell you if your asking price is too low and we shouldn't take for granted that all of them will have similarly low margins!!
So shop around for the best deal
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results