shape
carat
color
clarity

price increase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Over the past year, we have seen a number of price increases of rough diamonds. At first, I had mixed feelings about these increases, because on the one hand, I saw an oversupply of polished diamonds in the market, while on the other hand, I saw a long term undersupply of rough, with basically no substantial new deposits found these last years.

With our heart being closer to the consumers'' market, we took the position of trying to maintain a constant pricing policy, since the oversupply of polished would probably dictate rough prices downwards again.

When we look at the market today however, we see that there is a genuine shortage of bigger size-polished, and although many sites still show a high number of available stones, the question is how many of these stones are really still available.

On the other hand, last week''s price increase clearly shows that the direction of rough prices is still up, and conditions in this market indicate that, this year, there will continue to be an upward pressure on prices.

With this in mind, and looking at our company''s position, it is clear that we cannot maintain our policy of constant prices. Effective today, we have decided that we need to adapt our prices to current market conditions. This translates in a current increase of 5%. We will need to evaluate our position within a few weeks in order to establish whether this increase was sufficient.

All our dealers have been informed about this situation, and they understand that we had no other way. I hope that you all understand that this is not a matter of greed, but definitely a matter of securing our long-term-viability.

And may I end with a final warning? As much as I dislike the situation, it is important for consumers to understand that we are not at the end of upward pressure on rough prices.

I thank you all for your support, and I assure you that I did not like writing this post.

Live long,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As much as I dislike price increases of any kind and disagree on some of the reasons the prices are going up im not going to rant about it.
I know you dont have control of over it.

As long as your diamonds are competitive in cost with the PS compitition and the dealers are top notch I will recomend your diamonds.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 9:14:23 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Storm''s really a softie once you get past all the rage.
sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh you will ruin my reputation!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot the messenger !!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paul Antwerp,

Dont be to sorry, its not in your controll.... and please dont forget there are still some items that are priced lower than 10 years ago.

So if you compare diamond prices against other comodoties, (for example luxury goods!!!) diamonds are still backed up as far as pricing is concerned......., especialy when it comes to the big sizes of 5 to 10 cts. (the dealers are still using the same pricelist for a 5 ct. or a 10+ size, the only difference is that ONLY recently the discounts on the 10 ct+ sizes has been eliminated)

I would imagine since we both know that the larger better diamond material is becoming scarcer the prices on larger fine quality diamonds are going to be the hardest hit (i mean in term of pricing). the larger the diamond and the better the quality the higher the pricejump...)

And the consumer will have to understand that bigger means RARER!!!! And RARER means $$$$$

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-hike-a-hype.15538/page-2

Leonids last update was November - but these are real pricescope vendor price rises and you can see they are substantial - much more than 5%.

I believe it is common practice in america to tip 15% or more if you like the service.

Al those who like Pauls diamonds, and the service of his hand picked vendors - we expect you to pay 15% more than the advertised price
36.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 4:34:26 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-hike-a-hype.15538/page-2

Leonids last update was November - but these are real pricescope vendor price rises and you can see they are substantial - much more than 5%.

I believe it is common practice in america to tip 15% or more if you like the service.

Al those who like Pauls diamonds, and the service of his hand picked vendors - we expect you to pay 15% more than the advertised price
36.gif
...And parties who buy parcels of 8 or more should have the gratuity automatically added.
emsmilep.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
What about a frequent buyers card? Buy five times, get the sixth one free?
31.gif

I''d like that one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results