shape
carat
color
clarity

price for fine quality ruby like spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
Could any of you experts out there with experience give me a ball park estimate of how much money I would need to have on hand if I wanted to start looking for a top color ruby like spinel in the 7-8mm size range?

- as a side note, please do not think that I am asking anyone who has actually purchased a spinel to disclose the price that they paid, I am not trying to be rude I''m just curious.

Thanks!
emwink.gif

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
Whilst I am far from an expert, I have done a fair bit of red spinel shopping lately.

For something around the size you are looking at I would assume about 2 carats. You can get a nice stone for around $1,000 per carat. If you want a very fine fire engine red it could run significantly more than that.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
For top colour that sounds about right to me.

If you want to step a shade or two either side it can be quite a bit cheaper - around $500 - $600 a carat.

I am assuming that you are also wanting great clarity and a good cut here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been on the the hunt recently. The price can vary from $1K per carat up to $2K per carat. These are more difficult to find right now, it has taken me 3 to 4 months of intense searching but I think I''ve found what I''ve been looking for.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
this info gives me a good idea of price range thanks for your help guys
face1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results