shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Estimate

orange_horse

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering what you'd guestimate the wholesale and/or retail price of this diamond to be. I just need to get a ballpark estimate. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shape: Heart Brilliant
GIA Cert
9.18ct,13.74 x 15.40 x 7.94 mm, J color, SI2
Polish VG, Symmetry Good, No FL
Note: Additional twinning wisps, clouds, pinpoints and surface graining are not shown in the diagram per the GIA report.

Heart Diamond.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd have to look up stones w similar specs from vendors like James Allen, etc

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We look up specs similar to what you have to find comps. Unfortunately, the stone is quite large and specs are
difficult to find. You can probably use any fancy cut (like oval, marquise, or pear to help find comps...but still
difficult to find.

Why dont you have it appraised? You can ask for retail value or value on the second-hand market (not sure what your plans
are for the stone).

orange_horse

Rough_Rock
We look up specs similar to what you have to find comps. Unfortunately, the stone is quite large and specs are
difficult to find. You can probably use any fancy cut (like oval, marquise, or pear to help find comps...but still
difficult to find.

Why dont you have it appraised? You can ask for retail value or value on the second-hand market (not sure what your plans
are for the stone).

Thanks. It's embedded in a designer ring on the other side of the country and it's not really the type of piece that I can have appraised before purchasing it. The price seems fair based on the closest comps I can source. I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Transparency issues and the v thin girdle are going to bring the value down a huge amount as is the good sym.
From a value standpoint its not a stone I would even consider.

Edit: It may or may not have huge transparency issues but anyone in the know looking at the report is going to assume it does and value it accordingly.

Ran a check for you on stonealgo which has a fair value diamond price calculator, though it couldn't find any comps for the stone, so take the info with a pinch of salt:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tell us a city and state where the ring can be examined by an independent appraiser. Maybe I, or one of the other participants, may be able to recommend someone qualified for you to engage to examine the diamond in person and supply you an unbiased opinion of the value.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results