shape
carat
color
clarity

price differences

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
I found exact same diamond on two websites (JA and WF) and the price difference is 7.7%. Any reason to go with the more expensive one (WF)?

Thanks.

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
It could never hurt to ask - I found this same diamond on this website for 7% less, but I want to buy from you. Would you be willing to work with me on the price? The worst they can say is no. I have heard good things about the service from WF. Depending on how much we are talking about, it could be worth it... their settings are different. Are you having it set at all?

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice, nararabbit. I am going to have the diamond set at a different place.

Interestingly, I put the diamond on my wishlist on WF and a window popped up saying that they would take 450 off stones >9000 if I purchased in the next 24 hours. Sneaky cookies, I assume.

This brings WF wire price about 2% higher than JA. It's a 'virtual selection' diamond, so won't have the same upgrade benefits as 'select' diamonds on WF.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go with JA, then-I don't see any reason why you should go with WF if all you're doing is getting a diamond and getting it set elsewhere. (I assume you're not getting it set at another online vendor?)

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
95% sure it won't be another online vendor. Most likely custom setting made a few miles down the road or to someone far away, in which case I will have to ship/insure, but I'd expect that no matter where I get the loose stone.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
THey have different upgrade (and maybe return) policies. If upgrading is important to you, then check out the policies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results