shape
carat
color
clarity

Price difference between G,H and I color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reds

Rough_Rock
For the sake of discussion, if you have identical stones, how much difference in price between G, H and I color? Just curious.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on their weight to some extent. It is not a fixed relationship only to color. As weight increases and size grows, the difference from one color grade to the next becomes more visible to the unaided eye.

A 10 carat I color looks a lot darker than a 10 carat G color, while a .50ct I is very similar to a .50ct G color.

Unlike any other material, diamonds are not graded on a fixed color scale, but on one which "adjusts" subjectively as apparent color will increase with larger material while the reported GIA color remains the same...

Financial and marketing concerns dominate the scientific approach when it comes to the grading of diamond color.

It is a great topic and I hope it will bring out a lot of opinions and comments.

reds

Rough_Rock
Thanks Old Miner. So my diamond wchich is 2.17 would have a greater price increase between and I color and my G color if I understand correctly. reds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results