shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Check: Antique Platinum Setting Resto...

seedslinger

Rough_Rock
I realize that this is a case-by-case question, but I'm looking for a general quote.

I have a platinum setting that has a broken bottom shank. Its a clean break, and no re-shank is needed.

Any idea how much it would cost to laser weld the break, size the ring, set a diamond with new prongs and generally clean-up the ring?

As I said, I know its hard to quote a price without looking at the ring, but I'm looking for a ballpark figure.

I have no clue if this is a $500 job or $5000 job.

Thanks.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I feel it is impossible for anyone to quote you without seeing the piece. Do you have anyone in your area that specializes in restoring vintage pieces? That is where I would start. Perhaps someone on this forum has had a similar restoration done and can share with you what they paid, but what it comes down to is what you will be charged by whomever does the work.

Good Luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can give you what I paid last time I had a plat ring re-sized. I believe it was $90. Not sure how much the other parts would
cost...and I think the cost also depends where you live. I'm in a med. small town in FL.

seedslinger

Rough_Rock
I just got back from a local jeweler and here is what I was told.

The ring needs two prongs replaced at $185 a piece and to be re-sized at $80. Not too bad considering.

Cleaning up the and making look "like-new" would be included...if I bought my stone from them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results