shape
carat
color
clarity

Price assistance ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baloo

Rough_Rock
I wondering if any can offer some price guidlines.

I was offered a 2.03 Square Radiant cut. It is not GIA certified but the vendor is offering to have it certified by one of the three Singapore certification bodies (not sure who they are but if anyone knows them or can suggest the better one it would be great).

He says it's a VS2, E or F stone. He is willing to refund a deposit if the certification comes out below those specs. He said there is a slight inclusion but it is on the very edge of the stone so difficult to spot.

The price quoted was S13,5000, or at todays exchange rate, USD$7,800.

Any thoughts ?

Also, does anyone know of any independant assesors who could check out the diamond for me ?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Baloo!
wavey.gif

By square radiant do you mean Princess cut?

baloo

Rough_Rock
No, it wasn't a Princess cut. It was a Radiant cut. Not as busy as a princess cut.

Any ides anyone ?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Baloo, if diamond is indeed E/F VS2, the price sounds 2 times lower than in the Internet.

Make sure it is original, non-treated stone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The price is suspicious... Your vendor seems to be a honest one, though. As leonid said, just make sure it's graded correctly and not treated...
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try to view it with an idealscope too. Maybe it's got alot of light leakage--not such a great cut?

Also if you said he thinks its a VS2...and there is an inclusion on the edge that is 'difficult to spot'..that almost sounds like SI1 if the inclusion IS visible with the naked eye? Do you have more info? Either way, it would still be fine if it was almost invisible and/or could be set with a prong...but just something I noticed.

Could be a great deal. Just be sure you have a good return policy and get more info!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results