shape
carat
color
clarity

pretty sure this emerald cut is a dog..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
your opinion?

1.24 G, SI1

Depth, 63.5
Table 73%
33.gif

girdle, ext thin to sl thick

I''m pretty sure you can tell by the table that it''s pretty bad, right?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I like to see pictures for ECs but in this case I would probably not consider it. Even without seeing it. Not loving the girdle either.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
doesnt sound too hot from the limited info.
Finding an eyeclean si1 is the first hurdle most arent.
ext thin girdle needs to be looked into.

What the l/w ratio?
In a SE the table is too big but in am emerald cut if you like the glassy kind it might be ok.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
who graded the diamond? do you have any more info on it?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
this was diamond my friend saw at the mall - the specs are identical to this one :

I think it may be the same exact diamond?!?! Is that possible?

I''m trying so hard to get them to NOT go to the mall, but it''s hard.

G, SI 1 Emerald Cut 1.24

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its likely the same stone if the specs are the same.
interesting place to put the feather if it does lay that way there is a chance its eyeclean but it will likely be pretty glassy with the large table.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
strmdtr, I saw the stone - it''s true, the stone looks eye clean because of where the inclusion is. But it didn''t have much fire compared to another stone we looked at (a stone which the gia report was missing, so we had no idea what the specs were) But even with my not-so-knowledgable eye I could discern a difference. The kicker is, the mall is asking over $8000 for the stone!! James allen wants $5900 for pricescope members - that is a HUGE difference!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I would pass on this EC in a heartbeat eventhough it appears to be an eye-clean stone. The depth is nice but the table...let''s say that it is most likely to be dull white and glassy - very little fire at all. Plus the extremely thin to slightly thick table tell me that the girdle is wavy. Prone to chipping at the ex thin section and hidden weight at the thick section. Not to mention the over $2000 price difference! Even though it is priced at slightly under $6K at JA, I still wouldn''t buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results