shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty Polly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I was outside my home the other day snapping ring photos, when I got distracted by the masses of Rainbow Lorikeets playing in the trees across the road.
I thought I would test out the zoom on my new camera, and here are the results..

(I hope somebody likes pretty birds, lol)..

5.gif
5.gif

DSC00680-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
bit small..sorry I''m used to posting macro pics!
try again..

DSC00687-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC00683-EDIT.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC00688-ed.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh I love these birdie pictures. These birdies are sooooooooooooo cute.

AJ: Where do you live??

Linda

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and first one again, bigger.

1.gif

DSC00680-edit1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Linda!
I''m glad you like them. I knew PS''ers are animal lovers, I was hoping that extended to birdies as well!
I live in Western Australia, but not in a rural area or anything. I live about 5 mins from the CBD, and on a nice day these guys are playing everywhere.
I like them obviously for their pretty colours, but they also really pleasant, make nice parrot noises - not like loud crows etc.

1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought you lived in Australia. You are so lucky. You get to see all of the beautiful cockatoos also. We just have icky crows here
14.gif

Do you also see the darling cockatiels too? I would love to look outside and see those beautiful glorious birds in my yard. They are just beautiful. Thank you so much for posting those lovely pictures.

Linda

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thats ok!

Yeah, I hate crows! scary..

You don''t see much cockies until you go out of the city a bit, but yeah they are pretty too.

I only have a courtyard, but these guys play in the trees along my street. The tree I photographed them in is a native bottlebrush, which I''m guessing they like the nectar..

glad you enjoyed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the birdie pics, am a huge bird lover. I have a bird myself, they are such wonderful creatures. Mine was a bit upset since I left her for a few days. She has a great substitute, which I pay dearly for, but she missed her Mom I guess. She cracks me up.

Your pics are great, many thanks!!!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

Taco (My Indian Ringneck Parakeet) goes nuts when I come home, even from the store. He actually does a little dance, for me to pick him up. ha ha ha. I love him so much.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 11:59:09 PM
Author: Linda W
Lisa,

Taco (My Indian Ringneck Parakeet) goes nuts when I come home, even from the store. He actually does a little dance, for me to pick him up. ha ha ha. I love him so much.
Linda, I know!! As soon as she hears the front door open she makes it known she wants a visit from me. She really gave me the businiess last night. Today she calmed down, and was a cuddle bug. I love her to pieces. I know how you love your''s. I don''t think people realize just how smart they are, or can be.
5.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww I love Rainbow sillykeets :), we have a huge wattle tree out the front of our yard and they like to nest there and eat all the nectar :), I love when it is dusk and they come out in bunches and go crazy.

Noisy little buggers but so darn cute :).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What great pics, sweet wee birdies!!
30.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Though I am not a major bird lover I think your little guy is cute!!!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so pretty. I wish I could see birds like that in my backyard.

My mom has always wanted a parrot- her grandma had one when my mom was growing up and she has so many fond memories of it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh what a beautiful bird, look at those colors! I love bird watching; thanks for sharing!
face23.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful photos, you are so lucky to live near these wild birds!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
What lovely colorful birds. Those are so bright and happy to look at!

Mrs.2Artists

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful birds! We just have nasty black birds squacking and flying around here!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you all liked them!
I guess sometimes it is easy for us to take for granted the nice wildlife etc we have around us ..

I have to admit I was a bit concerned about standing underneath for all those pics though - didn''t want to get pooped on, lol!
6.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results