shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty much decided on stone...Need Appraisal Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I think I''m almost done with my diamond search. I found the stone at a local B&M. I''ve seen it through an H&A viewer and a loupe, but the dealer has no other images. I''m from Georgia and used the PS appraiser search to locate reputable appraisers (interestingly enough...I''ve used one of them in the past). I would really like ASET/IdealScope and other images of the stone. I''ve contacted the appraisers and, although they have various viewers and scopes, neither of them offers any imaging in their appraisal reports.

Anyone have any advice on getting that sort of imaging or am I going to have to buy an IdealScope and ASET scope? Also, I plan on getting the diamond appraised before having it set. Is that the best idea or does it not matter so much?

TIA for all the helpful posts.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which part of Georgia? If near Sarasota, FL, check out Richard Sherwood. He post here often too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mos,

Use this tool to locate appraisers in your area, very often it will say near their credentials which tools they have for analyzing cut quality.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

A method you could use is to have the loose diamond appraised then get it set, and have the appraiser give the entire ring the once over, that way they can check everything is in order and value the setting also for insurance purposes if needed.

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
Stonecold,

I''m in Atlanta. It''s quite a ways to Sarasota. :) But that would be cool to have a trusted pricescoper to appraise the stone.

Lorelei,

I viewed the cut grading tools for each of the appraisers listed in the PS appraisal search, but they don''t happen to provide any imaging as a part of their appraisals. I guess I''d just like to have the imaging for my records.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard has a mobile lab and IS and H&A viewer, he can drive to Atlanta but you will have to pay more for the evaluation then just mailing it to him.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I have personally met and mailed stones to Richard Sherwood. I would not hesitate to simply mail him your stone. Why have him come up to Atlanta? He is great to work with and we trusted him with a 38000 dollar stone.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You could have the diamond sent to an appraiser who offers the services that you would like if there are none in your area. You don't have to actually be there in person. Some PSers have done this if they don't have someone near by that they would like to use.

ETA: I live in FL and used Richard Sherwood's services. He was fantastic.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 2:42:15 PM
Author: Mosooma
Stonecold,

I''m in Atlanta. It''s quite a ways to Sarasota. :) But that would be cool to have a trusted pricescoper to appraise the stone.

Lorelei,

I viewed the cut grading tools for each of the appraisers listed in the PS appraisal search, but they don''t happen to provide any imaging as a part of their appraisals. I guess I''d just like to have the imaging for my records.
I would ask them as some of these details listed have been around for a while and some of the appraisers might have updated their kit by now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 2:46:12 PM
Author: beach
I have personally met and mailed stones to Richard Sherwood. I would not hesitate to simply mail him your stone. Why have him come up to Atlanta? He is great to work with and we trusted him with a 38000 dollar stone.
I quite agree - that would be far more practical than paying for him to drive such a distance to you, you could use USPS registered mail which is very secure and you get up to 25k insurance I believe.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Yes

Date: 3/25/2009 2:48:54 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/25/2009 2:46:12 PM
Author: beach
I quite agree - that would be far more practical than paying for him to drive such a distance to you, you could use USPS registered mail which is very secure and you get up to 25k insurance I believe.
Yes registered USPS makes the most sense. And beleive me, his place is VERY secure! Give him a call, he will explain everything.

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
I''ve contacted Richard and am waiting back for some sample reports, as none are listed on his website. Anyone have samples of Richard''s reports?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results