shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty cool link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
No problemo, add away.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
The thing that struck me about most of the colored stoes was the cutting. Not exactly everyones cup of tea.
Although I don't think there are very many reading the CS forum that would kick any of those to the curb.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a pretty dreamy site! thanks for sharing! ....so what is that I see in your avatar? A new gemmy??

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 8:16:04 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
that is a pretty dreamy site! thanks for sharing! ....so what is that I see in your avatar? A new gemmy??
You are welcome CCN.

Nah, not a new stone. It is an indicolite I have had for a coulpe of years. I was taking some pictures and playing around with the lighting. It really is not that blue IRL but I thought it made for a pretty good avatar picture.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I also got this version which is a little closer to what I see but still qutie deceptive.

IMG_0895_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what I see IRL

img 0000009.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks very nice. But I really don''t trust photos. Could you send it to me so I can check it out?

I promise to return it to you - eventually

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 8:51:36 PM
Author: colormyworld
Here is what I see IRL

The real life is still gorgeous! And droooool over the links
30.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good link!

It lists one of the most intriguing stories in the gem world (in my opinion, at least). the De Young Red Diamond. How does one of the largest red diamonds ends up being sold as a garnet in an estate sale? At one point, it was surely IDed as a diamond (the cutter knew, for sure!). It doesn''t become a well known stone despite the size and very rare colour. Even though someone paid a fortune for it, eventually it becomes forgotten and not even family lore remains. Does the state sale occur soon after or does it go through a generation or two as a garnet before being sold?

So many questions! I would really like to know the whole story.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what I see IRL
this is an awesome cut, way cool!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Cool links.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 9:11:31 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Looks very nice. But I really don''t trust photos. Could you send it to me so I can check it out?

I promise to return it to you - eventually
That''s a good one. I think I have to check it out too because it looks too good to be true.
11.gif
I must verify it in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 8:02:59 PM
The thing that struck me about most of the colored stoes was the cutting. Not exactly everyones cup of tea.
Although I don''t think there are very many reading the CS forum that would kick any of those to the curb.
Everything there is drool worthy - I would never kick any one of those to the curb. In fact, you''ll have to pry it off my dead fingers.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what I see IRL
I like what I see! Thank you very much for sharing the photos and the link!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results