shape
carat
color
clarity

Prettiest cheap stone you can find...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the nicest stone (that you aren''t planning on buying) that you think is just a steal for the price...

Thought it might be fun to share.

Um. I don''t have any, but will start hunting.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That does sound fun. I''ll have to start looking.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
YES!! Please post beautiful cheap stones so my lazy self won''t have to look. I''ll just settle back with my Visa and a big sandwich!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Okay here''s one. It''s a nice size 6.9 and a peach orange and looks like a nice cut too. $95.00. 14th stone from the top.

http://www.loosefacetedgems.com/tourmaline.html

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Finewater has a gorgeous .60 carat hot pink sapphire that''s $160. Its from Winza, which is really interesting because they''ve been finding a lot of gorgeous rubies there. Its not ruby-red, but I know a lot of people that would go ahead and call that hot pink a ''ruby''. I also love the way the edges are cut. linka-saurus

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Good find szh07!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/30/2009 9:19:40 PM
Author: szh07
Finewater has a gorgeous .60 carat hot pink sapphire that''s $160. Its from Winza, which is really interesting because they''ve been finding a lot of gorgeous rubies there. Its not ruby-red, but I know a lot of people that would go ahead and call that hot pink a ''ruby''. I also love the way the edges are cut. linka-saurus
I keep eyeing that stone but I haven''t quite managed to pull the trigger on it yet... Perhaps this weekend.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Rick''s (www.artcutgems.com) Royal Rhodolites certainly fit the bill. There''s a reason I did an entire suite in this material. Link
31.gif
Absolutely stunning color for the price. Contact Rick, because he has access to more material than what is listed on his web site.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Since everyone is looking .. let me know if you find a pair of 5mm round or cushion shapped stones. I am looking for one blue and one purple or pink. Would love a pair like the color change sapphire on Gary''s page.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 10:29:53 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Since everyone is looking .. let me know if you find a pair of 5mm round or cushion shapped stones. I am looking for one blue and one purple or pink. Would love a pair like the color change sapphire on Gary''s page.
if you''re referring to the color-change sapphire from Finewater---- DROOL!!!
18.gif
that is yummy!!

i found these spinel on GemRite that *might* interest you:

blue round: http://www.gemrite.com/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=47

pink round: http://www.gemrite.com/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=63

another pink round: http://www.gemrite.com/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=64

pink cushion: http://www.gemrite.com/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=202

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my eye on this one for a while... Linky

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Gem Trader appears to have a lot of good bargains. Not to mention the cabochons on Swala.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 2:54:32 AM
Author: FrekeChild

I recognize this
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC.com used to have bargains. I cannot for the life of me find anything on their site that''s a bargain. Everything seems like "you get what you pay for."

BTW, as far as gem species go, it seems like Mali garnet is a bargain these days. Just try to get some without the brown undertones. Green undertones make the gem more valuable, unless you like brown.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my eye on this one for a while... Linky
yep yep,, that is sure pretty- it is sold though

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 11:14:03 AM
Author: D&T
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280378370003&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This one looks pretty from the far picture that I can see... someone please buy it,,, and show me
9.gif
D&T - I have 2 morganites from him, and while neither has top color (or much color at all), they are both beautifully cut - I''ve had really good luck with his cushions. I''ve looked at that marquise every time he lists it, and I''m always dissuaded by the seemingly large bowtie. What do you think about this trillion cut?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 11:50:33 AM
Author: cellentani

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280378370003&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This one looks pretty from the far picture that I can see... someone please buy it,,, and show me
9.gif
D&T - I have 2 morganites from him, and while neither has top color (or much color at all), they are both beautifully cut - I''ve had really good luck with his cushions. I''ve looked at that marquise every time he lists it, and I''m always dissuaded by the seemingly large bowtie. What do you think about this trillion cut?
I don''t have any gems from him ...yet
31.gif
but I''m interested to see how his cuts are. There were a few others a while a back, and I should have just bid and bought one, since it was a color and shape I wanted anyways .

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 11:57:25 AM

Date: 7/31/2009 11:50:33 AM

9.gif
31.gif
but I''m interested to see how his cuts are. There were a few others a while a back, and I should have just bid and bought one, since it was a color and shape I wanted anyways .
Did those stones get sold? If not, just contact him. Also, I''ve never gotten anything from his auctions, I''ve just emailed him about what I''m looking for. If he''s got the rough, I think he''d cut it for you, as long as you''re not in a hurry. He''s recently moved out of Vallejo, and is currently in transition - he''s still cutting, it''s just taking a little longer with everything else going on. Which one(s) were you considering? Just curious.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 12:29:11 PM

31.gif
Did those stones get sold? If not, just contact him. Also, I''ve never gotten anything from his auctions, I''ve just emailed him about what I''m looking for. If he''s got the rough, I think he''d cut it for you, as long as you''re not in a hurry. He''s recently moved out of Vallejo, and is currently in transition - he''s still cutting, it''s just taking a little longer with everything else going on. Which one(s) were you considering? Just curious.
can''t remember the species, there were lots I had on my watch list and then deleted, but one was very light blue, and the others were hexagon in shape. just pretty. I think I might just have to ask him, I''m liking the pale color morganite though. I like lighter color stones, and for some reason, all the ones right now, just look a tad too dark for me. I guess i need to go through the vendor picture list vs IRL pictures to get a sense of what his are like.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 11:14:25 AM
I know.
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 12:36:16 PM

Date: 7/31/2009 12:29:11 PM

31.gif
can''t remember the species, there were lots I had on my watch list and then deleted, but one was very light blue, and the others were hexagon in shape. just pretty. I think I might just have to ask him, I''m liking the pale color morganite though. I like lighter color stones, and for some reason, all the ones right now, just look a tad too dark for me. I guess i need to go through the vendor picture list vs IRL pictures to get a sense of what his are like.
Hmmm, TL has a beautifully-cut pale aqua on DB that was cut by him. It''s lighter in color but cut the same as my blue topaz. Is an 8mm cushion too large for you?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 1:16:49 PM

Date: 7/31/2009 12:36:16 PM

Hmmm, TL has a beautifully-cut pale aqua on DB that was cut by him. It''s lighter in color but cut the same as my blue topaz. Is an 8mm cushion too large for you?
yeah, just a bit, I have two 8mm round, and I find that I''m more of a 5-6mm girl
1.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 1:09:39 PM

I know.
31.gif
does this mean Freke added a new pretty to the collection??? hmmm???
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 9:14:40 PM
Author: kas baby
Date: 7/31/2009 1:09:39 PM
I know.
31.gif
does this mean Freke added a new pretty to the collection??? hmmm???
31.gif
Perhaps....
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results