shape
carat
color
clarity

Pressure is ON... help.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
So some of you already know my debate about this oval. IDJ has been really great to work with in the past but they are really putting the purchase pressure on me to buy this diamond... They say if I don't buy it today it will literally be gone because someone else wants to buy it. :confused: What do you think? Should I buy it and look at it in person then return if necessary? They are insistent that this is basically the best on the market as of now and their geologist says that there is small to no bowtie at all. Video:

I like its sparkle and icy white color in the video....I asked for more pictures and they pretty much denied me.....
jennifer m3.jpg

a jennifer dsi2vid1 (1).jpg a

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
COMPARE 2 DIAMS.JPG Bottom one is the one being considered

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see no reason not to buy it and have a look. Its really hard to say yes or no to a stone without seeing it in person sometimes.
The pain is dealing with the hassle of returning/getting refund if it does not perform up to your standard.

I hate that you are being pressured but IDJ probably does not own the stone and will have to return it if you dont buy it. There may already
be someone waiting for it to be sent back.

Is it a really good price? It seems to have a lot of inclusions. That is something else that will be easier to resolve in person. Does the stone
meet your eye-cleanliness standard?

Is there anything about the stone that you do not like at this point?

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
I see no reason not to buy it and have a look. Its really hard to say yes or no to a stone without seeing it in person sometimes.
The pain is dealing with the hassle of returning/getting refund if it does not perform up to your standard.

I hate that you are being pressured but IDJ probably does not own the stone and will have to return it if you dont buy it. There may already
be someone waiting for it to be sent back.

Is it a really good price? It seems to have a lot of inclusions. That is something else that will be easier to resolve in person. Does the stone
meet your eye-cleanliness standard?

Is there anything about the stone that you do not like at this point?
it is 48K SI2, eye clean, 4ct, D. I am not sure if its a good price but its in budget...

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
If this is an option, I'd find a way to hold it NOW. It's flippin' amazing.
I'm a little worried though that its an I color, but from the video it looks like it preforms very well!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I think the D SI2 is really nice but I do see the bow tie more than they are saying. I’m also in the camp that D is overkill and I wouldn’t pay for it. SI2 doesn’t bother me if I saw the stone with my own two eyes and it was clean. Buying and returning with IDJ should be fairly easy so I wouldn’t worry about that.

The August Vintage oval is really nice! Is it in your budget? Remember, Jon’s stones look a little different than traditional cut ovals so just make sure you like the look of them!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a little worried though that its an I color, but from the video it looks like it preforms very well!

Yeah... that would be my only worry if I wanted an icy white stone.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I would get it for a test drive and then return it if I didn't like it. I would worry that I would regret at least not seeing it in person.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I think the D SI2 is really nice but I do see the bow tie more than they are saying. I’m also in the camp that D is overkill and I wouldn’t pay for it. SI2 doesn’t bother me if I saw the stone with my own two eyes and it was clean. Buying and returning with IDJ should be fairly easy so I wouldn’t worry about that.

The August Vintage oval is really nice! Is it in your budget? Remember, Jon’s stones look a little different than traditional cut ovals so just make sure you like the look of them!

I so agree that D is overkill. I really don't like paying for what I don't need! The August Vintage would be in the budget in about a month or two. I really don't feel like doing the buy then return thing with IDJ- especially because I definitely see a bow too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'd also buy and return if I didn't like. If you are very apprehensive, or just don't like it even from photos, then I'd pass and let the other person take it.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Yeah it actually doesn't sound like you are very interested or keen @Jennifee. More perhaps others are keen for you to purchase it as it is popular. I am sure it is not rare, as long as you are not in a rush you will find one YOU want soon.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
does anyone think that the august vintage stone has a super thick girdle? to me it looks crazy thick. But I do like the cut of the facets!

the one for 48K looks good too. there is ALWAYS a good deal and a new diamond coming out. I wouldnt rush into buying one unless you absolutely love it!

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Don’t buy it because you’re feeling pressured! Something similar happened to me in the past where the jeweler needed me to make a decision by EOD because apparently someone else was ready to purchase the stone. I bought it, but always wished I had passed and wished I had taken my time to look at more options. If you’re not in a rush, wait until you find a stone that is a no brainer to you and one that you immediately fall in love with!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t because I already see the bow tie and it bothers me. I don’t have a problem with a D if you want ICY white. I think there are more ovals out there. I personally don’t like to buy under duress regardless of why i am under duress.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I would pass on both if your budget will increase in the next couple of months! That will open up soooo many more options.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Yeah it actually doesn't sound like you are very interested or keen @Jennifee. More perhaps others are keen for you to purchase it as it is popular. I am sure it is not rare, as long as you are not in a rush you will find one YOU want soon.

Yes they told me that someone else wants to purchase it and they do not own it. And I HATE HATE HATE feeling pressured! So I pass.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
does anyone think that the august vintage stone has a super thick girdle? to me it looks crazy thick. But I do like the cut of the facets!

the one for 48K looks good too. there is ALWAYS a good deal and a new diamond coming out. I wouldnt rush into buying one unless you absolutely love it!

You are so right! New diamonds come out all the time!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I would pass on both if your budget will increase in the next couple of months! That will open up soooo many more options.

Hahaha! I know right!?! I've toyed with the idea of increasing the size of my RB... But I've just always want an elongated fancy shape to mix things up a bit!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn’t because I already see the bow tie and it bothers me. I don’t have a problem with a D if you want ICY white. I think there are more ovals out there. I personally don’t like to buy under duress regardless of why i am under duress.

I know...I'm not sure how they could tell me that there is little to no bow tie when I'm looking right at it in the picture! I agree, I really hate feeling like someone is using such harsh sales tactics on me, it changes the whole experience.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Don’t buy it because you’re feeling pressured! Something similar happened to me in the past where the jeweler needed me to make a decision by EOD because apparently someone else was ready to purchase the stone. I bought it, but always wished I had passed and wished I had taken my time to look at more options. If you’re not in a rush, wait until you find a stone that is a no brainer to you and one that you immediately fall in love with!

You are so right! My husband said something similar.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
On two out of three occassions recently I had a stone on hold and there was a time crunch from the sellers side due to having another buyer. I passed both times and miraculously the stone was still available.. so maybe there’s another buyer, maybe there isn’t...

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If an AV Opulent Oval is within your reach, take that route!!!
@Rhino’s AGS certified, super-ideal, new brand of Ovals are AMAZE-BALLS!!!
He’s awesome to work with, extremely easy to talk to, and very accommodating. I KNOW you’ll be pleased with any experience you have with him, and you’ll love whatever he he can produce for you. No worries about the stone not being available in store; they are his!
I highly recommend holding out for an AV Oval!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AV is over double the cost of this IDJ...

What is the budget here, exactly?

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
The AV is over double the cost of this IDJ...

What is the budget here, exactly?

As of today at this moment top is 50k in about a month or two it will more than likely go up to the price of the AV oval. I guess between now and then though I need to do some soul searching to make sure I really want to spend that much on a diamond!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is the number of times I regret letting something go b/c I didn't want to be pressured are far outweighed by the times I'm glad I didn't cave to pressure (self imposed or otherwise)...good luck!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is the number of times I regret letting something go b/c I didn't want to be pressured are far outweighed by the times I'm glad I didn't cave to pressure (self imposed or otherwise)...good luck!

Thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results