shape
carat
color
clarity

President''s Day Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Well, after almost 4 years of dating, I can now call him my fiance!!! I am so excited. I will post how he asked me after thr ing shots, since I know that is the part most of you really want to see.

Specs:
1 ct
F Color
SI2

Don''t have all the other specs with me, but I think the setting is a dvatche. What do you guys think?

I can''t stop staring at it. I finally understand what everyone here says about the steering wheel angle. Almost wrecked a few times yesterday.

sar-bearring1.jpg

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Sorry these pics stink, but I used my scanner.

sar-bearring2.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
VA congratulations chickie! your ring is beautiful and the pics turned out great even if they are scanner pics! love the profile shot too. you better stick your hand in the scanner!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Very reminiscent of the Lucida setting. Your scanner pics look great and have come out far better than all of my previous attempts.

Congrats on the engagement and the beautiful ring!!!

Hand shots please!!
9.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Such pretty colors! Beeeautiful!!!!!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the nice compliments!!! Here is one off my camera. My finger is a 5.5, but for some reason through the camera my fingers look pudgy. Blah!

sar-bear3.jpg

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a dvatche, but I am not sure. Haven''t seen the papers...will update later when I know for sure.

Now, my quest begins for wedding bands! Tee hee

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Those are some beautiful colors coming out of that diamond -- I''d be pretty distracted at the wheel too!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks great and very fiery! Congrats and best wishes!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! what a wonderful surprise!! congrats
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very "Lucida" - more than the Dvatche setting... Just love the clean line. Wow!

What shape is the stone ?

Lucidaiii.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at all that fire and brilliance!!! Your ring is amazing and yes do be careful when driving!! Congratulations on your engagement and best wishes to you both!! I look forward to the proposal story!!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- VaGal- it''s stunning.

I love that look. It does remind me of Lucida
I''m so happy for you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring. Your pictures really capture the sparkle!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a beaut!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! Congrats to you both- tell the boy (sorry, I mean MAN) he did very, very well!!!!

Please post some of your wedding band choices, I always like to see what everyone is considering!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a cushion??

Very beautiful! Congratulations.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2005 11:58:26 AM
Author: valeria101
Looks very ''Lucida'' - more than the Dvatche setting... Just love the clean line. Wow!

What shape is the stone ?
I''d love to know too, since I''ve always found the princess-in-a-Dvatche setting (while pretty) not terribly fathful to the look of a Lucida. This comes much closer - I think the width of the band next to the diamond and the crown height make a huge difference. I love the ring!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry I forgot to tell you guys the shape...it''s a cushion!!!!
9.gif

I wish you guys could see it in person, those pics really don''t do it justice.

Okay, and now for the story...

My Fiance and I go to New Mexico every President''s Day weekend with his family. We had just gotten back from snowmobiling and his Dad wanted to take a nap, so we decided to build a snowman while everyone had some down time before dinner. We were out there for a good hour creating our snowman, and I was just putting the finishing touches on the mouth. I asked him for another small rock to add to make a smile on the snowman''s face, when he said, "What should we do with this rock?" I turned around and he got on one knee and asked me.

I was so surprised! He had me convinced it was going to be a while longer before he would be ready to get married, so I had sort of given up on getting engaged for a while.

Anyway, I pretty much tackled him in the snow and said yes. Luckily his sister knew about the whole thing and caught it on video. I have watched it a few times.
2.gif

I can''t stop smiling!!!

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Congratulations VA! Your ring is stunning, so simple and elegant, i LOVE it
30.gif

ps More pics!!!!
anna
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
VA,
That''s a great story, i love it. That''s great his sister caught it on video!! I''m soo happy for you and your fiance!! Congratulations to you both and best wishes!!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, supercute proposal... and gorgeous ring!! i love the setting, and i''m definitely a cushion girl too! congrats and best wishes...
1.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Icekid- I love your dog!!! What a cute avatar.
9.gif

I am trying to figure out how I can work my dog into my wedding. LOL

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the proposal...its so cute!!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, your cushion looks awesome in this setting. Congrats!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a wonderful proposal and I love the first ''scanner'' pic where the stone is so sparkly and firey!

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Oh that''s very pretty! It does look a lot like the Tiffany Lucida setting. I love the way it sits low. Maybe it''s a custom design because the Dvatche or any other designer would have their name imprinted, right? Again, it''s beautiful. Congratulations!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
VAGal, your ring is so beautiful--I think it beats the Lucidas I have seen!
30.gif
9.gif
The stone is so sparkly and I love the setting. It really is a very elegant piece.
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love the proposal story!!!
and gorgeous ring too, btw!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results