shape
carat
color
clarity

President pulled the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why do you think this is a good deal for the US or even the world?
Don't you think restrictions should be increased for polluters like China and India? Sure other countries want our money and want to see us disadvantaged in economic competition.

Exactly! And anyone who actually works in modern manufacturing can clearly see that the Earth will not be cleaned up nor global warming slowed until the REAL polluters are curbed. U.S. manufacturing isn't 19th Century. Today we reduce waste and pollution because we want to wring the most value out of resources. But if people just sit in offices or at home, they don't even know how much modern manufacturing has changed.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad he makes you proud Red. The rest of use happen to believe in science.
How did you come to this conclusion from what I typed? I stated a fact.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe Kathy Griffin was right after all.....:knockout:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is withdrawing after business leaders, our own federal and military white papers how climate change is going to cause unrest and increased instability, and the vast majority of even local governments are for this Paris agreement. He is an idiot.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.27.46 PM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is just to undo anything Obama supported.
Why are you surprised?..:confused:. No difference from the Dems. blocking his bills.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is one of the most ignorant and horrifying people on earth. That "speech" was a nonsense joke based on his less-than-zero understanding of climate change, science, and what the paris accord is actually about. Trying to pass it off as some kind of "BAD DEAL" for America is, frankly, offensive in it's stupidity.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting exactly what I was thinking Loves Dogs.

Dancing Fire, Please don't tell me you are supporting him on this. Did you listen to his press conference this afternoon? He is a walking, talking embarrassment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, You support him. You voted for him.

Today is not the day for us to talk about this. I have a lot of personal stuff going on and I don't want to take my bad mood out on you. I despise the man and you like him. Lets please just agree to disagree.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
He seems to be under the impression it's some kind of French-slanted trade agreement.

'From this day forward, no baguettes shall be produced within the borders of the United States, or we, the French, will laugh at America! (and refuse to pay our fair share of NATO when the collection box is passed).'

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting exactly what I was thinking Loves Dogs.

Dancing Fire, Please don't tell me you are supporting him on this. Did you listen to his press conference this afternoon? He is a walking, talking embarrassment.
Not yet.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, I'm praying the American people wake up and see they elected an idiot and not make the same mistake twice. I have some faith left in our country.

Watch his press conference and let me know what you think.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 6.24.58 PM.png Apropos. I'm using a lot of memes because I don't have anything polite to say.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, You support him. You voted for him.

Today is not the day for us to talk about this. I have a lot of personal stuff going on and I don't want to take my bad mood out on you. I despise the man and you like him. Lets please just agree to disagree.
I believe she has denied voting for him on here. JoCoJenn voted for him, though I haven't seen her around lately.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Elliott! I can't imagine defending someone so fiercely when I refused to vote for him. People really do vary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe she has denied voting for him on here. JoCoJenn voted for him, though I haven't seen her around lately.
The Libs. here scared her away...:lol:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The best gain would be to make stuff here in America with American resources and stop the pollution of shipping and the results of lax manufacturing pollution laws in China and India.
Its a win-win for the good ol USA!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best gain would be to make stuff here in America with American resources and stop the pollution of shipping and the results of lax manufacturing pollution laws in China and India.
Its a win-win for the good ol USA!

But WalMart (actually Chinamart) will have nothing to sell.

Murh-uh-kans won't spend $20 for a gizmo that WalMart's been selling for 69 cents.
Too many consumers care only about price.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if you all have seen any protests but they were huge down here. FWIW Im in the Palm Beaches., and unfortunatey too damn close to the winter whitehouse.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Murh-uh-kans won't spend $20 for a gizmo that WalMart's been selling for 69 cents.
I'd agree with you Kenny.
I think Trump can bring jobs back to the U.S. but will americans willing to pay 3X more for American made products?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd agree with you Kenny.
I think Trump can bring jobs back to the U.S. but will americans willing to pay 3X more for American made products?

A few will, but most won't ... special the poorest.
Not enough for Trump to prevail with his Mur Uh Kah First BS.

Mur Uh Kahns have gotten used to, NO, spoiled by, the MORE MORE MORE for LESS LESS LESS aspect of today's global economy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

In some cases yes there will be a large price difference but in others no.
If it can be at least semi-automated and a supply chain can be worked out a lot of things can be made here for the same or lower total cost.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In some cases yes there will be a large price difference but in others no.
If it can be at least semi-automated and a supply chain can be worked out a lot of things can be made here for the same or lower total cost.

The processes needed to make that happen (if indeed it CAN happen -- I don't know enough about manufacturing to speak to that point) would take a LONG time to put in place. The price increases on goods will be much more immediate. In those intervening years the majority of people aren't going to care that "America is being made great again," they will care that their previously 69 cent gizmo now costs five times that. Try explaining the larger macro long term impact to a family of four scraping by in a way that will matter to them when their two hard earned paychecks no longer stretch far enough to house, clothe and feed their children.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, the reason why it's so much less expensive products elsewhere a lot is labor costs. So you automate or semi automate to bring down costs. Fine it brings down costs. But it's not going to create new "American" jobs, unless you consider robots as Americans.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results