shape
carat
color
clarity

Presenting the Brian Gavin 12 Carat “Triple Ex” Texas Special

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billy rosewood

Rough_Rock

I married my beautiful wife 6 years ago but never gave her an engagement ring as we were saving for a house. Pricescope snickers and “schmuck” comments aside, she did receive a gorgeous wedding band but it was handmade and several of the diamonds had become damaged through imprecise mounting.

With the recent pullback in diamond prices, I was interested in seeing what remedies might be possible within our budget. The design brief was to maintain the look of her wedding band, make things right and add a little more firepower without being too flashy.

The outcome is that Brian pulled it all together with matching eternity bands of ¼ carat rounds properly and precisely calibrated in place with heart-shaped prongs on the sides and the engagement band topped with an ideal cut 4 carat stone.

The thrill of sliding these onto my wife’s finger for the first time has only been exceeded by that of our first kiss.

So why Brian Gavin Diamonds? We live in one of the world’s largest cities and have obvious access to a wealth of local resources. They won our business for 3 reasons:

- Credentials: Before calling Brian, I did my own checking on and off of Pricescope. Large jobs or small, cuts or re-cuts, the accolades and thrills were similar. Talking diamonds with Brian is like talking with Itzhak Perlman about music - you can feel the passion, the reverence. Ever wonder what it’s like to have direct access to one of the world’s best? After working with these two I no longer do and that’s a great feeling.

- Integrity: While my lovely wife gets to wear this jewelry, it’s Brian’s name on it and this is a man who clearly takes that fact very, very seriously. More than anything else, this is why we chose to work with them. The only downside is that it was such a great experience that my wife is already scheming for some matching “ear sparklers” (

23.gif
no!!).

- Affordability: We all want champagne on a beer budget and that’s one of the coolest parts about Pricescope. We came in “wanting” a something around a 3.5 carat solitaire and, with Brian and Lesley’s expert guidance, leaving with 4 carats on top some very special matching bands. So I’m smiling, my wife is beaming and the bank account isn’t overdrawn. What’s not to like?

I share this for those fellow newbies who are stressed about wire transfers, jpegs and .pdf files over the Internet and hope this provides at least some inspiration just as we greatly benefitted from those before us on Pricescope. It comes down to trust so ask yourself “who in this world can I most trust to for advice and guidance on this all important purchase” and make up your own mind.

The phrase “we couldn’t be happier” doesn’t quite do these rings justice.

Thanks Brian and Lesley. Thanks Pricescope. Job well-done.

BGSteph1.jpg

billy rosewood

Rough_Rock
Side profile of matching bands showing details - these are normally "hidden" from view so remain private unless the ring is taken off and shared.

BGSteph2.jpg

billy rosewood

Rough_Rock
Since everyone likes a few handshots . . . .
31.gif

StephHand One.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well worth the wait of 6 years, OH MY! that is beyond STUNNING... well done on selecting such a wonderful craftsman to build you an incredible set. it is TDF!!!! Totally Drooling here
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! You both must be stoked with the results. You said that the heart side detail is usually hidden from veiw, does this mean the sides of the bands facing outwards have a different design? Because if so I''d love to see a side profile while it is being worn.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking! I love the hearts!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is beyond word, holy crap that is the ring to beat all, stunning
30.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I love the hearts too! So romantic and beautiful!

sazza

Rough_Rock
Oh. My. God.

That ring is amazing. I LOVE the heart details on the side.

billy rosewood

Rough_Rock
During this difficult break-in period, I''ve suggested that she wear this 26 carat aquamarine & diamond ring to provide counter balance. Strictly out of health concerns . . .
31.gif

Stephhand 3.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Those rings are superb!! Jaw droppingly gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm...can we clone you?
9.gif
Gorgeous rings! Thanks for sharing!
35.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Seems it was worth the wait of six years! That''s one heck of a set!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
What truly magnificent rings. Enjoy!!

RLG

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Just dont let her go swimming with those rings on, she might sink
2.gif
That is an awesome wedding set. Congratulations on your 6 years of marriage.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
OMG! You have marvelous taste. Your wife is one lucky lady. Her new ring is truly breathtaking. I would wait sixteen years for that!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!!! Simply amazing, wonderful design and beautiful stones. That aqua is something else...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lucky lady you have there... lucky to have you!
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is quite a set of rings - just Texas style, if I may say so!

I love the diamonds of course but the workmanship is just grand. Can you tell us the specs on the four carat stone? We don''t see many of those!

Congrats to you both - I''m sure your wife is one happy lady!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH my gosh!!!!!!!!! STUNNING!!!! I would SO wait 6 years for that!!!! It''s amazing!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
36.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Absolutely BREATHTAKING!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. If that''s the diamond ring you buy her after just 6 years, I''ve dying for a pic of the house!
23.gif

The workmanship and the diamonds are beautiful, and I''m so happy you both have something you love so much after waiting for the right time.
36.gif

billy rosewood

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 7:17:27 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

I love the diamonds of course but the workmanship is just grand. Can you tell us the specs on the four carat stone? We don''t see many of those!

Obviously, this is something that I have looked forward to doing for a number of years - as they say "the thrill is mine" and Brian and Lesley were real enablers.

The center stone is an ideal cut, eye-clean, a little over 4 carats. VS2, near colorless, 57 table, etc., etc. Obviously, it was very powerful having someone like Brian endorse an investment such as this.

The other 8 carats are all of the quarters.

The "hearts" are surprisingly hidden - given the view from the top, no one would ever look at the sides and that is probably the nicest part - it''s really just between the two of us.

I hope people catch at least a few of the jokes - this is jewelry and jewelry should be fun!! After all, "everything bigger in Texas" and "you never have too much firepower."

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That is AMAZING! One of the prettiest and most unique sets I have ever seen, not to mention huge and sparkly! The little hearts are amazing, and you shouldn''t be surprised if someone else gets a ring with hearts now - because they are a showstopper!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely love it, what a fabulous job you all have done on the rings!!!! and i love the aquamarine and diamond ring she has as well, stunner!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Exquisite!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 7:44:11 PM
Author: billy rosewood

Date: 5/18/2009 7:17:27 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

Obviously, this is something that I have looked forward to doing for a number of years - as they say ''the thrill is mine'' and Brian and Lesley were real enablers.

The center stone is an ideal cut, eye-clean, a little over 4 carats. VS2, near colorless, 57 table, etc., etc. Obviously, it was very powerful having someone like Brian endorse an investment such as this.

The other 8 carats are all of the quarters.

The ''hearts'' are surprisingly hidden - given the view from the top, no one would ever look at the sides and that is probably the nicest part - it''s really just between the two of us.

I hope people catch at least a few of the jokes - this is jewelry and jewelry should be fun!! After all, ''everything bigger in Texas'' and ''you never have too much firepower.''
We do get the jokes and are enjoying looking at these rings almost as much as you enjoyed giving them! It absolutely should be fun - and I''m sure it is!

Enjoy!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Those, are definitely rings of a lifetime.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
WOW.. my heart skipped a beat when I saw BGD''s 2nd picture of the set! Those are some serious rocks! Beautifully set! You wife is a lucky gal and thanks for sharing!

I must say that I''m loving BGD''s prongs the more I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results