shape
carat
color
clarity

Presenting my upgraded X-factor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share my upgraded X-factor. I traded in my .70 I, VS1 for this new stone and had it put into the WF Trellis. I am not sure when it will be shipping, but I got the teaser pictures from WF today and thought I would share. I will be back with hand shots when I get it.

Stats are:
Item Code: AGS-8617001

. Report: AGS
. Shape: X-Factor
. Carat: 1.001
. Depth %: 77.1
. Table %: 66.4
. Crown Angle: 39.3
. Crown %: 14.8
. Pavilion Angle: 55.1
. Pavilion %: 57.9
. Girdle: Thin to Extremely Thick
. Measurements: 5.46-5.41X4.12
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

CandaceCharles_07211.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Congrats on your upgrade!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! How would you describe the "X-Factor" shape? Is it a princess cut or different? It looks like it has rounded corners. It''s really pretty!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful Xfactor, very elegant!
30.gif

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 2:34:31 PM
Author: Isabelle
Beautiful!!! How would you describe the ''X-Factor'' shape? Is it a princess cut or different? It looks like it has rounded corners. It''s really pretty!!

Isabelle,
To me, the X-factor looks like a princess when it is set. The corners are clipped, but are under the prongs. The plus is that with the X-factor, there are no vulnerable points like on a princess, which is good for me because I am really active.

I attached a picture of my un-set stone.

DI40X_AGS-8617001.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!! I adore those cut corners!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see it on your hand. I''m sure you can''t wait either.
2.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
The WF Trellis setting seems like a popular choice here on PS. Your new diamond is pretty -- what was the old setting like and what were the mm measurements of the 0.7 compared with this 1 carat? I love seeing the before and after photos more than anything else! Enjoy your new ring when it arrives, hope the wait is not too long!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 3:24:17 PM
Author: Skiace15
Date: 7/22/2008 2:34:31 PM

Author: Isabelle

Beautiful!!! How would you describe the ''X-Factor'' shape? Is it a princess cut or different? It looks like it has rounded corners. It''s really pretty!!

Isabelle,

To me, the X-factor looks like a princess when it is set. The corners are clipped, but are under the prongs. The plus is that with the X-factor, there are no vulnerable points like on a princess, which is good for me because I am really active.

I attached a picture of my un-set stone.

Oh, I really love that diamond cut. It is so pretty!! It somewhat reminds me of the Lucida cut! Beautiful!

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 6:01:45 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
The WF Trellis setting seems like a popular choice here on PS. Your new diamond is pretty -- what was the old setting like and what were the mm measurements of the 0.7 compared with this 1 carat? I love seeing the before and after photos more than anything else! Enjoy your new ring when it arrives, hope the wait is not too long!

RxTechRN2b,
The old setting was the classic 4 prong Tiffany style setting, and it was 14k white gold. The new ring is platinum because my eternity band is platinum, and I wanted the metals to match.
There is about a .5 mm difference between the two stones, so it is not a huge jump, but it should definitely be noticeable. Also, I think the new setting really compliments the stone.

Here is the WF picture of the old stone...

CandaceCharles_0603[1].JPG

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
And here is a hand shot (this was taken with a CRAPPY old camera, my camera was dropped in the pool, so its all I had at the time, but good news is I got a new one and it will be ready for when my new ring arrives for hand shots. I am really excited, WF told me up to two weeks from last Friday, and then I got the picture today.

Oh, and I am having a purple star sapphire set in the old setting, so it will be like two new rings
36.gif

Picture 001Old Xfactor.JPG

Ava15

Rough_Rock
Your upgrade looks beautiful. Be sure to post hand shots when you get it!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your upgrade, it is a beautiful ring!
I look forward to your handshots!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade :) can''t wait to see what it looks like IRL :)

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Skiace15, thanks for sharing the info/photo of your old diamond. I think 0.5mm when the first stone is smaller than 1 ct is a significant difference, but when you start getting into the larger sizes (1.5 and up), you''d need more than that to be worth upgrading. That''s great that you will be using your old setting for a sapphire, now you get two new rings! And a new camera to take their pictures! When I first started posting here (I think it was last summer) I bought a camera that would connect to my computer -- so I could post photos of my jewelry. When my kids noticed me taking pictures of my own hands, they thought I was nuts. And my daughter told me regularly how much she *hated* me because I bought her dream camera, so for her 20th birthday this April I gave it to her. Haven''t seen it since -- I think she keeps it in her car. Anyway, enjoy BOTH your new rings.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow! The old setting and diamond are pretty, but I like the trellis setting so much better! Nice choice to go with the X-factor. I considered them but went with an ACA princess instead (I actually liked the corners and thought they were an integral part of my particular setting). They''re really beautiful stones, and not too many other people have the same thing!

renaeb21

Rough_Rock
Yay! I love it! The old setting was nice and classic, but that new setting is really yummy! I have an x-factor, so I may be a bit biased, but I just adore that stone! :) Can''t wait for hand shots.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new ring. It''s sleek and sexy!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that x-factor is stunning! Love the setting as well, WF does a great job! I cannot wait to see more pictures & of course photos of the sapphire ring!!

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words, I am really excited about the upgrade. Vera at WF let me know today that the sapphire will not work in the old setting because the sapphire is cut in a cabochon style (Domed but flat underneath) and requires that type of ring setting. However, she is checking to see if the sapphire''s original setting can be repaired and rhodium plated. (The sapphire was given to me when I was a little kid from my mom. It was hers when she was in high school, so it means a lot; however, the setting is yellow gold, and one prong is broken.)

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
I got my new ring, and I LOVE
emlove.gif
it!!

Here are the handshots...

CIMG0510.JPG

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Here is the profile...

CIMG0511.JPG

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
FYI its a J in color, and I only see the slightest tint from the side, its no different than my I RB IMHO.

CIMG0512.JPG

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
and with the eternity band...
18.gif

CIMG0513.JPG

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
OK, last one.
Thanks for looking...

CIMG0514.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - congrats!

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
This is the sapphire I wanted to set in my old Tiffany setting, however it did not work in that setting. WF was nice enough to fix the broken prong and clean it up for me. I think I am going to take it to my local jeweler and have it rhodium plated.

This mean I still have an empty setting to fill, and since I love a project, my plan (in the waaaay future) is to get a little heart shaped diamond, and have the ring set with that and have it sized down to a pinky ring.

CandaceCharles_07280000.JPG

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I somehow completely missed this thread originally, so I''m joining the party very late. I had to say your upgrade is GoRgEoUs! That stone is beautiful and the new setting is really REALLY awesome. You must be thrilled with the upgrade, I would be! I had a J stone that I upgraded for about .5mm to a K color, and the size is noticable, itsn''t it!
36.gif
I would have NEVER EVER guessed yours was a J though!
30.gif
Soooooooooooooo white!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Looks great with the wband.

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jenn and Vespergirl,
I am in love with it. It faces up very white and from the side I only see a slight warmth in some light. It has been very sunny here the past couple days and it looks twice its size because of all the sparkle. The X-factor is a really great cut. I am really glad I got one.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results