shape
carat
color
clarity

Premium cuts?

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, we're possibly looking for a 3+ct lab grown diamond. But are the premium cuts worth the difference? We've found these two that we really like so far...

Otherwise any other recommendations from the pro's here?

We did take a look at Rhino's website but his stones seem a lot higher priced - not sure why?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like a little color in mine so I prefer the bigger F of the two.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hello, we're possibly looking for a 3+ct lab grown diamond. But are the premium cuts worth the difference? We've found these two that we really like so far...

Otherwise any other recommendations from the pro's here?

We did take a look at Rhino's website but his stones seem a lot higher priced - not sure why?

So, the nice thing about the premium cuts, is you KNOW you are getting an awesome stone. That said, the experts around here can also help find a stunning stone, if you don't want to lay a premium.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What are you after/what is speaking to you about those two?

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
What are you after/what is speaking to you about those two?

That you know you're getting an awesome stone. I love hearts and arrows and also like a "fatter" hearts and arrows. I prefer eye clean, even from a zoomed in perspective. We're in Canada too, so ordering a bunch of stones and then returning them isn't an easy option, so we have to make sure it's the "one".

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That you know you're getting an awesome stone. I love hearts and arrows and also like a "fatter" hearts and arrows. I prefer eye clean, even from a zoomed in perspective. We're in Canada too, so ordering a bunch of stones and then returning them isn't an easy option, so we have to make sure it's the "one".

Oh for sure. I meant more like what carat/color/clarity are you after to see if we had any other suggestions. But truly you can't go wrong with either one of those you picked.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh for sure. I meant more like what carat/color/clarity are you after to see if we had any other suggestions. But truly you can't go wrong with either one of those you picked.

Shape: Round (Hearts & Arrows)
Carat: 3 - 3.25
Colour: D-G
Clarity: VS2 - VVS1
Table: 55-56%

Definitely open to other suggestions.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
How much value do you place on having fully vetted lab diamonds with perfect hearts and arrows vs IGI designated hearts and arrows that may not be as precisely cut? The price difference can be quite substantial at 3+ct.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
How much value do you place on having fully vetted lab diamonds with perfect hearts and arrows vs IGI designated hearts and arrows that may not be as precisely cut? The price difference can be quite substantial at 3+ct.

Considering I can't see the two side-by-side then I guess our answer is "it depends". You could also ask... "does a fully vetted lab diamond with perfect hearts and arrows hold more value than a IGI designated hearts and arrows that may not be as precisely cut"?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Another option, if you haven't already considered:
3-3.29 JannPaul Decagon should be in the same price realm as the two that you've posted.
The only downside is the tremendous wait time since they custom cut to order.
Also factor in international shipping/insurance and any importation taxes and fees.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Considering I can't see the two side-by-side then I guess our answer is "it depends". You could also ask... "does a fully vetted lab diamond with perfect hearts and arrows hold more value than a IGI designated hearts and arrows that may not be as precisely cut"?

This question has been asked and debated (branded super ideal vs one a generic w ideal heart specs) before in rockytalky. You can do a search, some vendors chime in and there are pics as well.

Most people (including myself who bought a premium H&A) cannot tell the difference while some can and feel it is worth the $.

Re: Value, lab diamonds probably hold very little, if any value given how much it has fallen in the last few years. The WF diamond would probably sell better within the PS crowd since people here know and value the brand a bit more.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Value, lab diamonds probably hold very little, if any value given how much it has fallen in the last few years. The WF diamond would probably sell better within the PS crowd since people here know and value the brand a bit more.

IMO that applies to lab or natural... just my two cents though. Agree though, a branded cut would probably sell better if ever needed. Thanks for chiming in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results