shape
carat
color
clarity

Pregnant in Heels

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've started watching the Bravo TV show, Pregnant Heels and I've got to say, I like it. While Rosie Pope's voice, accent and lisp do grate on my nerves, the show is fabulous. But I had no idea she was a Baroness. On the show when mentioned it she said it in the past tense "I was a Baroness and then I married a southern man," so perhaps she married into the family and then divorced and lost the title? Does anyone know the story?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving the show, too! The women are absolutely nutso and Rosie cracks me up! I was curious about the whole Baroness thing as well..

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I've watched a couple episodes. And yes, her voice does drive me crazy...the first episode was hard to watch because of that. But, whatever.

The mothers-to-be drive me, to some extent, crazy. The one anti-mother in the pilot was the worst and something about the marriage felt "off"--but maybe it was just the hot pink deep V. They were followed up by the survey-name-mom in the same episode, I had to laugh. They were obviously so set on the name "Bo" or whatever and whenever the crowd would strike it down their opinions were suddenly worthless. It was like, okay, if thats the name you want, name the baby that...but seriously, stop wasting all this time pretending like you're open to suggestions when you're clearly not. The anti-sex couple made me want to punch the husband in the face repeatedly, I felt like he couldn't be serious with his "force herself" comment :rolleyes: .

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I really like this show too! Rosie is very likable and seems like a down to earth kinda gal. I love the faces she makes when some of these crazy moms say ridiculous things. The name survey one was just plain nuts!!! I also give Rosie a lot of credit because she is going thru IVF and infertility while she must deal with some of these moms with requests that must get under her skin secretly.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italia-I totally agree about the anti-baby couple. The guy sent my radar a-spinnin! And I felt SO BAD for the wife in the sex couple, who by the way is GORGEOUS! Her husband was a complete self-centered douche. I was cheering when Rosie had him doing positions in that weight belt. So funny.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just saw a bit of this today for the first time. The anti-baby couple, what happened? Did they allow anything soft, comforting, or bright into their apartment?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I like Rosie. Some of the things her clients put her through are crazy!

Did you see the episode a couple of weeks ago with the couple who made a big deal out of "branding" their baby and picking a name? They even had a focus group and then ended up picking the name they liked in the end.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure I can get past the voice to keep watching. I'm thinking perhaps she was born "tongue tied" and never had it corrected. I do love most Bravo reality shows so I'm sure I'll end up watching a marathon some weekend and get hooked and forget all about the speech issues.

Oh, she did address her accent on her blog in case anyone is interested. I guess she didn't know she had a bit of a lisp/speech issue. http://www.bravotv.com/pregnant-in-heels/season-1/blogs/rosie-pope/lets-talk-about-sex

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Can I just say...

My husband is from NY and I am from Chicago...we both has accents that are pretty definable. I've never picked up his nor has he attached himself to mine. So this whole London-southerner-NJ jumble just doesn't fly with me. Girl, you speak with a English-accent and you've gotta a lisp...just own it.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1303590111|2903547 said:
Italia-I totally agree about the anti-baby couple. The guy sent my radar a-spinnin! And I felt SO BAD for the wife in the sex couple, who by the way is GORGEOUS! Her husband was a complete self-centered douche. I was cheering when Rosie had him doing positions in that weight belt. So funny.

RIGHT?! I thought I was crazy...I kept telling elbowing my husband and fixating on the fact that something was a bit off...and my husband, God love him, was like "what are you talking about? Maybe he likes pink, I don't know, who cares"...

But honest-to-God, it bothered me the whole episode. Like, in all seriousness, I don't care if they have some Will & Grace arrangement and I fully know that it takes all kinds to make the world go round. But don't get on national TV and think we're all dumb country bumpkins, either and we're not going to tap our chins over the deep, hot pink V.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about her, having heard nothing about her prior to this show. BUT . . . she drives me bananas.

The lisp, the attitude, the way she treats her clients, everything. Now, of course, many of her clients are quite ugly human beings themselves, but if I was paying boo-coo bucks to have her 'arrange' the details of my tot's birth or cater to my desires, she wouldn't be talking to me in that tone or telling me what I was going to do. Before I fired her I would give her a big "Bite me".

I hope she's making gazillions for appearing in a reality show, 'cause I think she'll find herself with far fewer clients in the future. She better squirrel her nuts away; her business is going to suffer for sure.

Did anyone see last week's show with the over 40 woman who had frozen her eggs, then married, had IVF and got married just days before she had the baby? I kept looking at her 'guy' wondering if it was a guy. Was it a guy? A really weird guy? One with obvious plastic surgery or implants or injections or something? He was . . . eewwwwww.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
HollyS said:
Did anyone see last week's show with the over 40 woman who had frozen her eggs, then married, had IVF and got married just days before she had the baby? I kept looking at her 'guy' wondering if it was a guy. Was it a guy? A really weird guy? One with obvious plastic surgery or implants or injections or something? He was . . . eewwwwww.

Yes! I was looking at him and something was definitely "off." I kept thinking he looked like a woman who had gone through a sex change or something. The wife in that episode rubbed me the wrong way. "I keep sprinkles in my cupboard b/c I just like the way they look in there. I don't eat them." Who the hell is snooping through your cupboards?!?!? I was so confused....

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I started watching this show bc you ladies gave it such interesting reviews!
:o Was I the only one who thought Rosie was too harsh with the woman who gained 80 lbs during her pregnancy? I think she used to be 100 lbs and gained 80 more during the pregnancy - which can happen, I suppose. But Rosie was saying the most awful things to her, telling her that she could die from a heart attack and trying to make her do extreme sports. I mean, she is 9 months pregnant and hormonal! What was she thinking??!!! Trying to change her lifestyle habits at that point is too late... just let her make it to the birth and then let her hire a personal trainer and nutritionist! Geez!!!!

I also agree with you ladies on the weird hubby thing. Struck me as some kind of strange business/personal arrangement and not a marriage. Because if he were her husband and saying things the way he did (calling her butt a wide load and etc.) he would have been toast. What 9 month pregnant lady would let her husband live if he said that to her on national TV?!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson, I had never heard of this show before you started this thread. I sat one day and watched three episodes. It is kind of like
a accident you can't tear your eyes from. A little weird.

Who are these strange people who need Rosie's services! The people that had to do focus groups to find a "brand" name for their baby
are seriously the most self centered people I have ever seen. I did feel bad for for couple having intimacy issues, oh how well I remember
feeling that when my kids were little. Somedays I had so many little people touching me all day long that I was 'touched out' much of
the time. I don't thing the hubby was a bad guy, just clueless. I thought Rosie handled it perfectly. The guy obviously loves his wife,
he just didn't have a clue and needs a bit of sensitivity training.

That said, I will probably watch a few more episodes. Frankly, I don't know why. These people really bug me. I don't think I can stop
myself though! :naughty: :errrr:

tboz

Rough_Rock
I've watched a few episodes, and am almost 100% sure she is 'tongue tied'. My tongue was cut when I was six so my speech is not as bad but if you actually focus on her mouth you can see how her tongue looks slightly too large for her mouth. Ankyloglossia can cause speech difficulties and she does sound like she has a slight lisp, which I still have often when I am tired or drunk as even with a cut tongue I still have to focus more on what I am saying and can't speak too fast or loud otherwise I get 'tongue-tied'. Haha.

Anyway, I think it is that along with her mixed up accent that makes her sound weird. Just my 2 cents.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1303736291|2904477 said:
Can I just say...

My husband is from NY and I am from Chicago...we both has accents that are pretty definable. I've never picked up his nor has he attached himself to mine. So this whole London-southerner-NJ jumble just doesn't fly with me. Girl, you speak with a English-accent and you've gotta a lisp...just own it.
I have heard that the dialect that sticks is the one you're speaking at 19. I speak a wonky dialect and was abroad at 19 so I wonder if there is truth to it. It would add up for her too.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Finally caught an episode of this - pretty entertaining! But I agree on her accent - I don't think it's actually an accent but sounds more like a speech impediment! Very tough to listent to..

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Rosie just had a baby boy...this show must have been taped A LONG TIME AGO.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1304362129|2910228 said:

yes...now it won't be intriguing wondering how it all turned out (for her at least). Great for her though, shows it can happen!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I had to laugh in the episode about religious conflict...when Rosie was trying to teach the Mommy-to-be that it was "okay" for her house to be a mess. Whatever happened to "if you mess it up, you can pick it up"...right?! I mean, Rosie "demonstrated" this with legos...if the kids can play with legos on the floor, the parent can just as easily make a game out of picking up the lego's, right?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1304365675|2910286 said:
I had to laugh in the episode about religious conflict...when Rosie was trying to teach the Mommy-to-be that it was "okay" for her house to be a mess. Whatever happened to "if you mess it up, you can pick it up"...right?! I mean, Rosie "demonstrated" this with legos...if the kids can play with legos on the floor, the parent can just as easily make a game out of picking up the lego's, right?

I work in early intervention and when we are done with a toy I always reinforce skills/vocabulary by making a game out of cleanup.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1304362129|2910228 said:

They have been highlighting her struggles with conceiving lately on the show, good to know things worked out.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Every year I have a show that is my once a week guilty go-to pleasure that makes me blissfully happy for a full 45 minutes of DVR'ed joy. This season, bashfully, this is the show. I AM ADDICTED!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone watch tonight's episode? That painting of the topless chick holding her baby on a horse? WTF?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
She wasn't actually holding the baby on the horse IRL, if you were concerned about safety issues. But, yeah, totally yucked me out. And then to unveil it in front of her friends?! "Hey all, look at my boobs!" WTH is that kid gonna think when he's 16? The oddest thing about her is that she has been the most "normal" of the moms on that series thus far.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1305124745|2918477 said:
She wasn't actually holding the baby on the horse IRL, if you were concerned about safety issues. But, yeah, totally yucked me out. And then to unveil it in front of her friends?! "Hey all, look at my boobs!" WTH is that kid gonna think when he's 16? The oddest thing about her is that she has been the most "normal" of the moms on that series thus far.

Oh, I know, i saw the whole episode. I was concerned about safety...of the eyes of the people who had to look at the painting. The painting was really bad too, not just the subject of it. Ick. And you could tell her husband was lying through his teeth when he said he liked it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1304354881|2910089 said:
Finally caught an episode of this - pretty entertaining! But I agree on her accent - I don't think it's actually an accent but sounds more like a speech impediment! Very tough to listent to..

I can't watch the show because of it.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1305139628|2918823 said:
janinegirly|1304354881|2910089 said:

I can't watch the show because of it.

I taped a couple of episodes (because of this thread) in hopes it could be a show that D and I watched together. He actually made me shut it off because he could not listen to her speak--he said it was like nails on a chalkboard. I got through two episodes, but haven't watched anymore. Maybe if a marathon is on one day...

I watched the episode with the gay husband (who doesn't know he's gay) and the rocker couple where the soon-to-be-dad acted like a huge baby because Rosy scolded him for having knives.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
The way she talks doesn't bother me too much. I kind of feel bad for how much attention it's brought on-- I doubt she can help it! I'm not talking about this thread here, but the fact that she had to answer questions about it makes me feel kinda sad for her!

The horse painting was just.. :???: I don't know how she keeps a straight face.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1304341428|2909906 said:
I started watching this show bc you ladies gave it such interesting reviews!
:o Was I the only one who thought Rosie was too harsh with the woman who gained 80 lbs during her pregnancy? I think she used to be 100 lbs and gained 80 more during the pregnancy - which can happen, I suppose. But Rosie was saying the most awful things to her, telling her that she could die from a heart attack and trying to make her do extreme sports. I mean, she is 9 months pregnant and hormonal! What was she thinking??!!! Trying to change her lifestyle habits at that point is too late... just let her make it to the birth and then let her hire a personal trainer and nutritionist! Geez!!!!

Bliss, I'm pretty sure this woman had gestational diabetes and was trying to control it with diet, but then just wasn't. I'm not positive because the episode was on in the background while I was doing 5 other things, but if that's true, GD posses major health risks for the baby when untreated, along with also being dangerous for the mother. I don't think it was just a weight issue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results