shape
carat
color
clarity

Pregnant in Heels

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When I was watching the show the other night, maybe it was rerun, and it featured two Moms--one was like super prepared with a staff of women and the other was a "rocker" who was trying to get the home ready.

The way she regarded the "rocker" mom was really, really off putting. The couple clearly didn't have oodles of cash and yes, they were underprepared...but Rosie was like merciless with them. I mean, when a baby first comes home, wall decor doesn't really, really matter. The guitar that the man owned and displayed was important to him, it had traveled the world with him, so what if it was "f***" on it--it's not like the baby can read right out of the womb. It's not my personal taste, but I get why he was upset. She's like this bulldozer who has such little regard for the parents.

I think Rosie needs to research how babies are born and raised in other countries and parts of the world to get some perspective.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
italia~ Completely disagree. I thought she was very realistic with the rocker couple. Obviously, Baby doesn't read upon entrance into the world, but having giant FU on the decor is highly inappropriate, IMO. They needed to realize that knives, skulls, and falling cd cabinets were not acceptable. And, after the makeover, it's not like their personal style was revoked, it was just done in a more appropriate way. I think the mom was really happy with it. I doubt the whiny-baby husband would have just let his wife take some of those things down. The mom with the army was weird to me. I thought it was way OTT. I was glad to see that it was just her and her husband after the baby came.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her speech is so intriguing to me, and every time I watch the show I am somewhat bothered by it, but more interested in trying to figure out what the hell is going on with her mouth and speech! I was a "tongue thruster" when I was growing up, and also my upper palate wasn't wide enough to fit my tongue. I had surgery several years ago to correct my upper palate issue plus removal of my 4 wisdom teeth and also braces, but I never had a speech issue or impediment like she seems to have. Anyway, I'm always listening and watching her mouth trying to see what's happening! I'm fascinated!

I think she's just running a business and when dealing with some strong personalities she just has to be slightly alpha rather than passive. I don't see her behavior as aggressive at all because she's been hired by these people who obviously want someone to come in and HELP them and she's trying to do just that. What is she, 30-something? It's not like she's the 75-year-old overbearing MIL who is opining without excuse besides the fact that her heir is soon to be in the bassinet. She knows her sh*t and she's paid to share it with couples who want to know what she knows. That said, she does employ some seemingly random techniques (i.e. bringing in sex therapists with dildos and psychologists, etc.) Yet, seeing her clients balk at those techniques says to me that she's doing something they'd never considered, and whether they're wrong or right, or comfortable for them, seems that they might work. I get where she's going with a lot of her alternative "therapy."

All of her theatrics make for good t.v., pure and simple. I have enjoyed the show so far, although I have to catch up on the one I've missed wherein the lady of the house has a semi-nude portrait painted. That one should be interesting!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1305251201|2920246 said:
italia~ Completely disagree. I thought she was very realistic with the rocker couple. Obviously, Baby doesn't read upon entrance into the world, but having giant FU on the decor is highly inappropriate, IMO. They needed to realize that knives, skulls, and falling cd cabinets were not acceptable. And, after the makeover, it's not like their personal style was revoked, it was just done in a more appropriate way. I think the mom was really happy with it. I doubt the whiny-baby husband would have just let his wife take some of those things down. The mom with the army was weird to me. I thought it was way OTT. I was glad to see that it was just her and her husband after the baby came.

I can speak from experience and say that the time between when you bring baby home from the hospital and when baby starts becoming mobile goes by in a flash. Looking back I wish I had done some basic baby proofing early on or before Aidan was born. All I do these days is chase him away from cords and stuff he shouldn't mess with.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just watched this show last week because of this thread! I was flipping through channels and it was on so watched a few episodes. I saw the one with the not so straight husband and the short, overweight woman who was getting married, and I also saw the one with the woman who had never held a baby and the woman who wanted the kid to be Catholic but the husband was Jewish.

The most normal couple was definitely the one with the religious conflict, but even then I thought it was hilarious that she had never considered that their house was going to be messy once the baby came! I guess I've been around kids a ton (I have 9 nieces and nephews) so I can't even imagine not knowing that they can make a house a pigsty in 30 seconds.

I like Rosie and I think she has to be mean to some of the people. I mean that one woman who had never even held a baby needed someone to snap her out of it! I haven't seen the other episodes but I'll probably watch more online if I can find them...it's definitely addictive even if some of the people make me cringe!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Her speech doesn't bother me at all. I actually really really like her....a lot of the time I sit there and nod my head in agreement with her.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Monnie nailed it for me. I know there's a speech problem, but I'm intrigued by it and find myself watching her mouth the whole time. I like Rosy Pope.

Don't like LT very much. I understand personal style, whatever. But, so much of what he wears is inappropriate for a business. Neither man nor woman should wear midriff tops at work.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1305297385|2920677 said:
Monnie nailed it for me. I know there's a speech problem, but I'm intrigued by it and find myself watching her mouth the whole time. I like Rosy Pope.

Don't like LT very much. I understand personal style, whatever. But, so much of what he wears is inappropriate for a business. Neither man nor woman should wear midriff tops at work.

You'd be surprised at what some of the people involved in the fashion industry in NYC wear to work! I saw plenty of salespeople's midriffs when I was a buyer. I like the crazy outfits!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
thing~ People dress like that for work regularly?! I'm aghast. Maybe it's my prudish instincts, but I would be very uneasy around it. I wouldn't have so much problem with it if he just dressed that way in the shop. It is a designer place. But, when out on the concierge services, I think he should be fully clothed.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1305298488|2920700 said:
thing~ People dress like that for work regularly?! I'm aghast. Maybe it's my prudish instincts, but I would be very uneasy around it. I wouldn't have so much problem with it if he just dressed that way in the shop. It is a designer place. But, when out on the concierge services, I think he should be fully clothed.

Ha not all of them do-a lot depends on the clothing line they work for. The more fashion forward lines tend to have more fashion forward designers and reps and they wear crazy stuff. Most sales reps dress in the most current clothes from the line and they're supposed to look like the lookbook, so if that means crop tops with their stomachs showing or see through shirts with a bandeau bra, they all wear it. It's really funny at the trade shows when all the sales reps are wearing basically identical outfits. I always liked seeing the crazy get ups!

I bet living in New York Rosie's clients are probably somewhat used to seeing zany fashion people, so I doubt LT blows many minds. If he worked for a geriatric concierge service he'd probably scare them all, though! :cheeky:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
loved the skit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results