shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, Britax carseats definitely have one of the best reps. My next carseat will probably be a Britax. They run sales twice a year (spring and fall) for a very limited time so my plan is to try and get one next spring...possibly this fall if it looks like I''m going to have a porker on my hands.

LC, I was looking into baby carriers but was going to hold of getting it. Well, my friend got me the one I wanted for my shower without me even telling anyone. It''s the Ergo carrier. The thing is that it does not let the baby face out (the creator believes for whatever reason that baby should face in). I also had to get a separate infant insert on it. This carrier is more "me", i.e. sporty-ish, but I have heard good things about the Beco carrier as well.

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

BC6G.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephemery/Ebree, there is no way as a suburban mom I would ever use a stroller that is 34 pounds! My BOB sits at 22 or 23 pounds and even that feels pretty hefty to me. I bought the Snugrider frame because I know some days I am going to feel laaaaaaaazy and won''t wanna hoist the BOB around. Now, if I didn''t have to do that and was more of an urban mom, weight would not be a factor.

LC, I think you''re on the money with the Combi. I know some people hate it, and I''ve read it''s better for more petite (i.e. shorter) ladies, but I bought my friend a combi many years ago and she has bequeathed it to me. So I will use the snugrider for awhile, then the combi umbrella later on. I love it...it''s so light and easy to fold, and the shoulder strap is handy. I will probably use my BOB a lot, but the combi would be great for quick trips and travel. I actually gave it to a friend of mine to use with her 1 year old as I will not need it for awhile. If it doesn''t come back to me in one piece, I will invest in a good umbrella stroller that is light and great to steer. Totally worth it IMO, but we''ll see what my needs are. I only got the BOB in advance because it was on sale in Australia for $200...a total steal.

Pennquaker, yes, they make a snap and go for twins. I believe Ella is using one?

Anastasia, nope, not cleaning the house. Not even nesting could really get me into a cleaning mood. Hehehe.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with TGal''s comment on the Combi. It is great if you are short - my nanny is 5 foot zip, and she uses it all the time. I, however, am over 5''9, so I only use it if we are travelling.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
For a toddler product, I love the sippy cups from Tupperware. They do not have a valve, so they teach the kid to drink and control flow, rather than sucking (which is needed with the valve). When you are done with the sippy cup lids, the cup is just a plain plastic cup - perfect for little hands!!!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
there was a segment on the today show the other day about safety of some baby products. Thought you might want to see it. I was super paranoid about safety when my son was little so some of these were surprising to me since we had used some of them.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23693290/

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:12:01 AM
Author: diamondsrock
there was a segment on the today show the other day about safety of some baby products. Thought you might want to see it. I was super paranoid about safety when my son was little so some of these were surprising to me since we had used some of them.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23693290/
Great link diamondsrock, thanks for posting this. My friend gave me a sleep positioner yesterday to borrow. I''m thinking I am going to give it back to her. I wasn''t going to use it in the crib, but instead downstairs on the floor if she needed to nap where I could see/him her. I think I''ll pass...

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 1:27:07 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Ephemery/Ebree, there is no way as a suburban mom I would ever use a stroller that is 34 pounds! My BOB sits at 22 or 23 pounds and even that feels pretty hefty to me. I bought the Snugrider frame because I know some days I am going to feel laaaaaaaazy and won't wanna hoist the BOB around. Now, if I didn't have to do that and was more of an urban mom, weight would not be a factor.
Even as an urban mom-to-be, I'm in agreement... I think that's why I had it filed away as "ridiculously heavy" in my mind!
6.gif
Whatever stroller I get, I won't be loading it into a car trunk very often, or going up and down stairs (most places I go have elevators), but I'd still like something in the under-25 lb range just in case. The Quinny I use when I babysit is about 25 lbs, and that even feels a bit heavy to me... she's 3 years old and the stroller is laden with a heavy diaper bag, but still. I must be a weakling like Tacori.
3.gif

The I'coo Targo is 22 lbs which seems reasonable.... I am desperate to check one out in person!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:33:04 PM
Author: ephemery1

Ephemery/Ebree, there is no way as a suburban mom I would ever use a stroller that is 34 pounds! My BOB sits at 22 or 23 pounds and even that feels pretty hefty to me. I bought the Snugrider frame because I know some days I am going to feel laaaaaaaazy and won''t wanna hoist the BOB around. Now, if I didn''t have to do that and was more of an urban mom, weight would not be a factor.
Even as an urban mom-to-be, I''m in agreement... I think that''s why I had it filed away as ''ridiculously heavy'' in my mind!
6.gif
Whatever stroller I get, I won''t be loading it into a car trunk very often, or going up and down stairs (most places I go have elevators), but I''d still like something in the under-25 lb range just in case. The Quinny I use when I babysit is about 25 lbs, and that even feels a bit heavy to me... she''s 3 years old and the stroller is laden with a heavy diaper bag, but still. I must be a weakling like Tacori.
3.gif

The I''coo Targo is 22 lbs which seems reasonable.... I am desperate to check one out in person!
I''ve never heard of that stroller...and I''ve read tons and tons of threads on the babycenter products for babies forum. Off to check it out on behalf of a friend looking for a stroller (she is leaning toward bugaboo).

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:36:20 PM

Date: 3/20/2008 12:33:04 PM

Ephemery/Ebree, there is no way as a suburban mom I would ever use a stroller that is 34 pounds! My BOB sits at 22 or 23 pounds and even that feels pretty hefty to me. I bought the Snugrider frame because I know some days I am going to feel laaaaaaaazy and won't wanna hoist the BOB around. Now, if I didn't have to do that and was more of an urban mom, weight would not be a factor.
Even as an urban mom-to-be, I'm in agreement... I think that's why I had it filed away as 'ridiculously heavy' in my mind!
6.gif
Whatever stroller I get, I won't be loading it into a car trunk very often, or going up and down stairs (most places I go have elevators), but I'd still like something in the under-25 lb range just in case. The Quinny I use when I babysit is about 25 lbs, and that even feels a bit heavy to me... she's 3 years old and the stroller is laden with a heavy diaper bag, but still. I must be a weakling like Tacori.
3.gif

The I'coo Targo is 22 lbs which seems reasonable.... I am desperate to check one out in person!
I've never heard of that stroller...and I've read tons and tons of threads on the babycenter products for babies forum. Off to check it out on behalf of a friend looking for a stroller (she is leaning toward bugaboo).
It was just released in February 2008, so definitely brand new. Check out this page for some info and a good video: http://www.strollermama.com/icoo-baby-stroller.htm Has tons of little features that I LOVE... the way it can raise up to be table-height, comes with a bassinet, how the seat recline works, narrower wheelbase, built-in bunting bag, etc. Some user comments/reviews on here: http://strollermama.com/blog/2008/01/21/hot-off-the-press-the-icoo-targo-ships-february-14th/ I was leaning toward the Bugaboo too, until I stumbled across this... I'm hopng by October there will be lots more info and reviews out there!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephemery, thanks! I forwarded that stroller link to my friend. She will love the adjustable handles, lightweight and the cool raise the seat feature. My only concern is the very low 40 lb weight limit and the fact that the stroller is so new with no real reviews out there. This definitely looks like a COOL stroller though!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 1:08:17 PM
Ephemery, thanks! I forwarded that stroller link to my friend. She will love the adjustable handles, lightweight and the cool raise the seat feature. My only concern is the very low 40 lb weight limit and the fact that the stroller is so new with no real reviews out there. This definitely looks like a COOL stroller though!!!
TG... you''ll have to let me know what she thinks! Regarding the weight limit, I did see that they are currently testing it to 45 lbs, just hasn''t gone through the approval process yet. The Bugaboo and Quinny actually have 40 lb weight limits too... definitely one of the disadvantages of strollers in that category. Totally agree on the "brand new" concern... I''m glad I have the luxury of waiting a while to see what kind of user reviews we start seeing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 1:21:38 PM

Date: 3/20/2008 1:08:17 PM
TG... you''ll have to let me know what she thinks! Regarding the weight limit, I did see that they are currently testing it to 45 lbs, just hasn''t gone through the approval process yet. The Bugaboo and Quinny actually have 40 lb weight limits too... definitely one of the disadvantages of strollers in that category. Totally agree on the ''brand new'' concern... I''m glad I have the luxury of waiting a while to see what kind of user reviews we start seeing!
Well, the reason why a lot of people (including my friend) don''t want a bugaboo is because "everyone" has one. This is going to be a big draw for her, I think.

Gosh, if I didn''t have my Bob, I''d seriously look into this. But I just don''t need two 22 lb strollers.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:11:06 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Do they make a Snap N Go for twins? I did some looking a while back and I was planning on buying this double Graco stroller. I think it comes with one car seat and we would have to purchase the second, but it would snap on behind the other.

Yes they do!

ETA: TGal, I would wait to get a carrier. TTot might be like Tess and want to see the world at all times. She would NOT do well with being faced in.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 3:01:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 3/20/2008 12:11:06 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Do they make a Snap N Go for twins? I did some looking a while back and I was planning on buying this double Graco stroller. I think it comes with one car seat and we would have to purchase the second, but it would snap on behind the other.

Yes they do!

ETA: TGal, I would wait to get a carrier. TTot might be like Tess and want to see the world at all times. She would NOT do well with being faced in.
I would have waited, but I already got one for a gift! If TTot doesn''t like being faced in front facing, we can always hold onto it and see if s/he''ll like it as a back carrier. If not, I can resell...they hold their value pretty well...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh TGal I missed that part! Yes, well I hope your little one will enjoy it. The reviews on them are awesome!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori...we''ll see. It may be a waste for us because I have a bad back and know I will prefer the stroller lifestyle. But ya never know.

Ephemery, my friend is VERY interested in seeing the I''coo in person. Well, the problem is you can''t! I''ve already called a couple of boutiques around here (I love near some posh areas) and no one has even heard of it!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 3:27:34 PM
Thanks Tacori...we'll see. It may be a waste for us because I have a bad back and know I will prefer the stroller lifestyle. But ya never know.

Ephemery, my friend is VERY interested in seeing the I'coo in person. Well, the problem is you can't! I've already called a couple of boutiques around here (I love near some posh areas) and no one has even heard of it!
Uh oh, if they're not even out in stores on the West Coast, they're going to be hard to find over here on the East I bet...
40.gif
I do know that the company that owns them is the same as the one that owns Rock Star Baby, and the website is www.gtbaby.com. There is a "Where to Buy" option that lists a bunch of boutiques by state, so that might help narrow it down a bit if you're calling different places. I know one of the reviews I read mentioned seeing them in a store in NYC, so I may need to make a trip up there at some point. When is your friend due?

ETA -- I feel the same way as your friend about everyone having the Bugaboo. It is insane how many I see every day, just walking 1 block to the grocery store. I won't eliminate it just for that reason, but it is a minor annoyance... it would be nice to have something just a BIT different.
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a store that carries I''coo, but I don''t think it''s the right stroller and they couldn''t tell me the name. They said it''s $529. I might go check it out on my walk today. I''ll keep you posted.

And my friend has a 5 month old...she has been using the Graco safeseat and snugrider frame, but it will be time for her to get a new stroller soon...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another thing I really like...the BOB console. For such an expensive stroller, you''d think it would come with a bottle holder, but it does not. You have to buy this separately for 19 bucks, but I think it will be handy. Best of all, you can use it on other strollers as well. I have it currently on my Graco Snugrider frame because the cup holders are on that thing are WORTHLESS.

pTRU1-2898813dt.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-gal honey... aren''t you hours from popping? Are you okay?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, someone tell me why travel stroller sets aren''t a good idea. My SIL loved hers, for all 5 of her babies.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Well, actually, let me change my question... someone tell me how the Snap and go idea works. How does the car seat fit onto the stroller? I''m not getting it. If they aren''t made to match, how do they click together?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Be happy you guys have SINGLE strollers -- the Bob Duallie is 30 lbs and awkward! I haven''t picked it up yet ... I''m scared to ...
32.gif
But I figure that I can suck up a miserable few seconds of uncomfortable struggling since the ride is so awesome. We took the babies out for a quick spin in it the other day, and it''s pretty sweet!

Yep, Penn, there is a Double Snap and Go. Just make sure that your car seats work with it (the Graco Snugride does, the Graco SafeSeat does NOT). Fisher, my hubby put it together but I''m pretty sure that there are different directions for each different car seat that works with it and that you finagle the frame when you''re putting it together to work with that particular seat. Like, "If using the SnugRide, the put A into B; if using the Chicco, the put 1 into 2 ..." and then the frame works only for the seats that you''ve set it up for. That''s my take on it at least! I don''t know much about travel systems other than that my friend has one (don''t know which brand), and I know that her car seat doesn''t fit into shopping carts at supermarkets (most car seats click into the front part), which is very lame! Other than that, not sure of the pros or cons of it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephemery, guess what I checked out ! Yup, went for a walk and decided to pop in the baby shop. They had the I'coo Targa and black and houndstooth (which I dont' love, btw).

My impressions? Pretty cool stroller, and definitely one that I think would be perfect for your urban life. Also, with all the attachments, it would be the only stroller you need. It felt light and steering felt great on the store carpet (don't know how it would ride on sidewalks though). However, there were SO many moving parts, I couldn't help but think that it was breakage waiting to happen.

The basket is small, but I do like that you can lift the carriage up to have easier access. I also like the adjustable handle. I took off the seat and put it on rearfacing. It definitely is light and easy to do. The place by my house had it for $599, which is 100 bucks cheaper than the list...not sure if that is a mismark or not. And the kicker is last week they had a sale so it would have been an additional 15% off, but they wouldn't honor that price at all post sale.

I haven't *really* checked out the bugaboo, but my recollection/impression is that the bugaboo seems a bit better made/sturdier. Still, you may really like all the bells and whistles on this thing. I will probably go check it out with my friend again, so I can give you a better impression compared to other strollers.

Fisher, the reason I think travel systems are meh because it seems redundant. I haven't researched Graco strollers much as far as features, but on the babycenter's product board, people give it terrible reviews. The only people who like it are people who even admit they probably don't know better or haven't seen what else is out there. Why lug around a full stroller when all you want is to be able to transport your carseat around? I don't know what the recline is on a lot of their strollers, but is it enough for an infant? If not, then you are carrying it around for nothing.

Then again, some people just don't want to spend 600+ bucks on a stroller...although I think there are cheaper and better alternatives out there. Personally, I do love the Graco snugrider frame (I've had enough experience with it because my friend's kid is in it now so I've pushed it for walks and have had to manuever it in restaurants). Let me tell you Fisher...size WILL matter when it comes to strollers...trying to find restaurant where the aisles are big enough to park the stroller next to you can be a pain. That is why I have the snugrider now and will invest in a good umbrella stroller for when TTot is older and can sit in a high chair.

ETA Ella, you have my sympathies...the duallie would be bulky for sure. My only complaint about the BOB is their is no locking mechanism when it's folded so I can only imagine how much more awkward the duallie would feel. But that ride sure is awesome and that's the reason I got it...

Gypsy, nah...I think I'll be around for at least another week...due date is next Friday.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 8:41:07 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Well, actually, let me change my question... someone tell me how the Snap and go idea works. How does the car seat fit onto the stroller? I''m not getting it. If they aren''t made to match, how do they click together?
Fisher, I didn''t see this last post.

The manufacturer just makes a frame that a variety of carseats can fit into. Certain parts may rest on a bar, and there is often a security strap that wraps around the carseat. Since Graco has their own stroller frame, it actually does "click" into place. The other universal frames may not, but they are still secure. Just go to amazon and look up these strollers...there are countless reviews and pics too.

If you want a travel system, get one...you may like it, who knows. I think they are more "cute" than function.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
What''s the point of a stroller if not to have a cute one, Tgal? Oh yeah. Safety. I forgot about that.

I''ll have to look into snap and go. When Tacori said that, I thought, "Yeah, doesn''t she know the travel set ones snap in place? Duh." Yeah, Duh on me. Hmm... I have much to learn before I become a mommy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 10:44:24 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
What''s the point of a stroller if not to have a cute one, Tgal? Oh yeah. Safety. I forgot about that.

I''ll have to look into snap and go. When Tacori said that, I thought, ''Yeah, doesn''t she know the travel set ones snap in place? Duh.'' Yeah, Duh on me. Hmm... I have much to learn before I become a mommy.
Trust me Fisher, you''re not alone. I feel like I have heaps to learn, and my due date is in a week.

Well, that''s why I started this thread...because even though the preggo thread is AWESOME for preggies and new moms, going back to find the info is a serious pain! And baby gear is a big thing so I figured this thread would be a lot more manageable when there are cool finds to be shared.

I can totally understand that cute is a strong initial draw. But just like in a man, cute wears thin if there is no substance behind the veneer. A cute stroller is really going to piss you off if it gives you a hernia when you lift it into your car, or if doesn''t even FIT in your car, or if your baby cries because it is not comfy in it, or if your baby isn''t SAFE in it because its head is flopping everwhere due to bad recline, or if your baby gets injured because the stroller is cheaply made and wheels falls off mid-ride...

I''m not a stroller snob in the sense that I''d feel oh so proud of myself for wheeling around a designer stroller. But I am a stroller snob in the sense that I''ve done a fair deal of homework and think I''ve found solutions that are practical and safe...and saving money in the meantime.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 9:43:19 PM
Ephemery, guess what I checked out ! Yup, went for a walk and decided to pop in the baby shop. They had the I''coo Targa and black and houndstooth (which I dont'' love, btw).

Tgal - Can you give me name and address of the baby store that you saw it at? I want to start checking out stroller. Thanks.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
There is nothing wrong with travel systems it''s just that there are a lot of light weight, easy to store strollers to choose from these days. Make sure it fully reclines & a 5pt harness is a big +. Best thing to do is go to Babiesrus, Babydepot, etc. & try out the floor models. Push them around, fold/unfold it etc.. That is how you will find the perfect stroller.

E B

Ideal_Rock

34 lbs does seem quite heavy. I wish it was lighter, though...it's such a cool stroller! I'm liking the look/features of the Bugaboo Frog the more I see and read about it, but of course, I've just scratched the surface doing just internet research. I don't have brothers or sisters, nieces, nephews, or many friends with babies (a total of three, one local), so I'm incredibly new to all of this.
41.gif

(
23.gif
<- My husband's face when I told him about this great stroller I found...for $750.)

ETA: I'm checking out the BOB now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results