shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mara - I have the Tummy Tub and Daisy loved it when she was tiny. She does still fit, but we tend to have bathtime in the morning so she comes in the main bath with me or we take a shower together if we''re in a rush. You definitely need to use the Tummy Tub on the floor as it''s tippable - Daisy was also very keen to stand from when she was a couple of weeks old and used to constantly stand up in it which gave me the scare of my life the first time.

It is useful if I want to bath her in the sitting-room, also when it was very hot in the summer I would sit her in it in cool water and she seemed pretty happy. If I had a baby with colic I imagine it''s brilliant as warm water seems to help a lot of colicky babies. You don''t need a lot of water in it so it''s easy to carry around and the baby also stays nice and warm up to their neck rather than having most of themselves exposed to the air.

It is a little tricky the first few times - you roll them up in a towel and wash their hair first (use a cup to rinse) and then plonk them in to wash the rest - as you need to keep one hand under the chin to stop them flopping in face-first, but getting them clean is super-easy.

Most of the time ours is now used to pre-soak any stained baby-clothes before they go in the washing-machine. So, it does double as a useful albeit expensive bucket!

Protective sheets - I have some from hippychick which are very thin, but really work and cover most of the mattress. I also use them for nekked time on the floor!Talking of hippychick, I recently bought their hipseat which is fantastic and really works well.

Fiery - I have the Jumperoo and the Bumbo. Jumperoo is seriously fantastic and Daisy LOVES hers. I have on occasion had a WHOLE hours peace and quiet while she plays in it, and her feet still barely touch the floor so she has loads of growing room still. The Bumbo was a disaster - she hates it and learnt to throw herself out of it within days, I plan to give mine to my brother in the hopes that his son will enjoy it better!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can anyone recommend a good travel booster seat/high chair? Small and easy to transport is a must, we go accross country fairly often.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2009 2:27:54 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Can anyone recommend a good travel booster seat/high chair? Small and easy to transport is a must, we go accross country fairly often.

We lovethis!

actually this is the one we have.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
we have the same one as tacori and we love it. it goes everywhere with us.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
can any moms chime and let me know how you would clean something like small plush toys attached to plastic rings like for snapping on the stroller etc? we got a few hand me down items like a bouncer that has some toys like this, and some small snap on toys from a friend and i want to clean them off since they were used for a year with her son. since they are on plastic rings, i figure you can''t just toss them into the washer. is there like a wipe you can use for something like this? TIA!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2009 5:05:56 PM
Author: Mara
can any moms chime and let me know how you would clean something like small plush toys attached to plastic rings like for snapping on the stroller etc? we got a few hand me down items like a bouncer that has some toys like this, and some small snap on toys from a friend and i want to clean them off since they were used for a year with her son. since they are on plastic rings, i figure you can''t just toss them into the washer. is there like a wipe you can use for something like this? TIA!

I do just toss them in the washer. I''ve personally never had a problem...I don''t dry them though and we have a front load washer if that makes a difference.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DD - I just bought this one last week http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3420758 to use for Thanksgiving, and for camping in the future. It''s been OK so far, Kyle doesn''t like it as much has his usual high chair, but it does fold up. I just wish the canvas came off so I could wash it.

Mara - I just throw them in the washer on delicate cycle, and lay them out to dry.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm ok thanks, i actually am not sure my better half will want me to put them in the washer, he is super particular about the w/d and ''abusing'' them, i am pretty sure plastic items fall into that category in his opinion. we''ll have to see.
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 10:56:16 AM
Author: Mara
hmm ok thanks, i actually am not sure my better half will want me to put them in the washer, he is super particular about the w/d and ''abusing'' them, i am pretty sure plastic items fall into that category in his opinion. we''ll have to see.
3.gif
I hand wash them (just the surface) and then put in a pillow case in the dryer since apparently this kills germs (so you can tell your DH it won''t damage the dryer this way, haha). I only wash the ones that get dropped somewhere really dirty or after a lot of abuse (ie sucking on them with dirty food mouth!).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I would worry more about protecting my baby than the w/d. LOL. Seriously though, I doubt the plastic will do any harm to the w/d. I put all stuffed toys (except ones that need battery) in the washer and dryer; the labels all say surface wash only, but they''ve all come out just like new.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
janine, thanks i like that suggestion... hand washing then drying in a pillowcase. best of both worlds.

qt... i figured there'd be some other way to clean the toys since i know moms reuse stuff all the time...if i can not compromise the w/d then greg would be happy. he is very protective over our appliances.
41.gif
if i 'overload' (meaning he thinks i do but i really don't) the washer, he literally runs over and eyeballs it for a few minutes, then comes to give me a lecture on how it's not good for the washer to be destroying itself with too many towels.
5.gif

along with this q is another one i have been mulling over which is how do you guys 'quick clean' the pacifiers that drop on floors etc? can i put them in the microwave bottle sterilizer thing?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think some moms aren''t as careful with cleaning used items, well not like the moms on here. Most tags will say surface wash anyways. But i was just teasing you on the w/d thing. Would washing the items in a mesh bag be ok? Just thinking in case if you need to wash a lot of things. I hand wash one or two things as they get dirty, but I wash all her stuffed toys every couple months in the washer.

You should be able to use the microwave sterilizing bag for paci. I usually just have multiple paci, and switch off when one gets dirty and sterilize together.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol QT i would prob toss rocks in the washer to get them clean before i met greg...
3.gif

i do have a mesh cloth lingerie bag i have never used, so maybe i can try that in the washer also to give the appliance some buffer. we also have a front load so that would prob be fine.

i also have bought a few stuffed rattle/toys at like marshalls and discount stores and i am just paranoid about all the hands that have been on the exposed toys while it made it''s way from a BRU to a discount store kinda thing. i am weird like that, but if it''s going in the kid''s mouth i would love for it to at least START clean.
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, go to a laundrymat if you are really concerned. I have also washed and dried things with no issues.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i should say again that i'm not concerned...hehee, i abuse my appliances. but i'll try one of the options mentioned and see how we fare. and maybe when my better half isn't home the first time.
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Toys - if it doesn't need batteries, I wash it in the washing machine if it's a hand me down or has fallen somewhere dirty. I didn't think about washing new things but I guess it is not a bad idea.

Pacifiers - I boil them before first use which it says to do on the directions. After that, if it falls on the floor I wash with hot water and soap. Every once in a while I boil them again just to be on the safe side.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have these products?
1. JJ Cole Collection Essential Blanket
2. Especially for Kids Deluxe Neck Support Pillow

Reviews on the blanket were mostly great, but just want to see if anyone here has/uses one and how you like it. I’ve been looking something like this for the park since M started crawling; we might not need it so much for her now that she is walking, but we can use it for baby #2.

Anyone use neck support pillow of any brand? We got it b/c our umbrella stroller doesn’t recline, and her head would always be on her chest or hanging off to the side when she falls asleep in it. I was wondering if the pillow helps solve that problem. This particular one is made of memory foam. I had not been able to find any useful reviews on the one I got or similar products for that matter. There were a couple bad reviews on the Basic Comfort ones, but the moms were using them on infant and saying the neck hole is too big. I had use neck pillow myself on road trip, and it helped me a lot. Any thoughts?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 5:02:55 PM
Author: sunkist
Does anyone use those crib sheet savers that soak up diapers leaks? All the baby lists say to have 2 or 3 mattress pads but that seems excessive. Is it?? Can''t I just have 1 mattress pad and then use a waterproof pad on top? But they are smaller than the full mattress, so I don''t know if the baby will inevitably scoot around so he totally misses the pad and you have change the whole mattress pad and sheet anyways.

Ideas? Experiences? Thanks!
Our crib mattress is a dual sided infant/toddler mattress from Colgate. The infant side is water proof, so we don''t bother with mattress pads. We just put a regular crib sheet over the mattress. When DD has a (rare) diaper leak, I peel off the wet sheet, spray the top of the mattress with a little Green Works natural glass and surface cleaner, wipe dry with a cloth or paper towel, and put on a clean sheet. There is less laundry since I only have to wash a sheet, not a sheet and a pad. Our crib doe snot accommodate crib sheet savers, but I didn''t miss them -- it is not that hard for me to just change a regular sheet.

We do have a waterproof mattress pad for our portable crib.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I want to recommend a great picnic/outdoor/waterproof blanket. We did lots of picnics in the park with the girls over the summer and wanted something that was durable, portable and wouldn''t soak up any moisture from the ground. I bought this Tuffo blanket and absolutely LOVE it.

http://www.tuffo.com/tuffo_blk_product.html

It comes with its own little carrying bag, folds up really easily and is great for outings in the park. There are lots of different patterns to choose from. I meant to recommend it over the summer but totally forgot. I really love it and suggest that you shop around to find them on sale. I got ours from One Step Ahead on sale for like $28.00 and I''m pretty sure you can find deals on Amazon. Just wanted to pass it along...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
How funny you recommended the blanket after I asked about the JJ Cole Collection one. I think they are similar, but the JJ Cole one is 2 feet shorter. I think I''ll just keep the JJ Cole one since I got it for $16.78+tax. Glad to know it was useful for 2 under 2.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies,

Don''t know if you know about mamabargains.com but I think its a neat site. They have specials on random baby stuff all the time. Once the item is gone, they move on to the next item. I check it every morning and afternoon haha

Anyway, here''s the site: http://www.mamabargains.com/

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I must be a bad mom lol

When Sophia''s pacifier falls on the floor, I take a water bottle to rinse it off, put it back in her mouth and keep walking. If we''re home, I run it under hot water. I only sterilized it after the first use and if it''s in my line of sight when I''m boiling her bottles (which I do once a week) I''ll throw it in there.
40.gif

As for toys, I do the same as TDM. I didn''t wash her new toys at all. I wash her toys now once a week. Most of her little dolls are plush so I throw it in the wash. I wouldn''t even do that once a week but everything goes in her mouth so they''re usually full of stuff. I won''t have that problem anymore since her new favorite play item are her feet
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol fiery, you are not a bad mom, i know other moms that do that too...! their kids are just fine.

i just asked about the pacifier more for when we are at home aka as you referenced. if i see them in my line of sight is it ok to toss them into the microwave bottle sterilizer. or do they go in the dishwasher.

when we are out i will prob do the 5 second rule and water wash too.
3.gif
gotta work with what you have

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Mara-my mom used to clean our pacis with her mouth. She''d just lick the dirt off. That doesn''t make any sense at all lol!

Another website for baby stuff:

http://www.babysteals.com/

They have baby legs for 58% off!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fiery, i love those two sites. there is also kidsteals.com and like the baby steals site, things go fast!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Question for those of you who used baby carriers: Moby or Baby Bjorn? I have some back issues that I may need to take into consideration.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 10:08:37 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Question for those of you who used baby carriers: Moby or Baby Bjorn? I have some back issues that I may need to take into consideration.

Honestly it is SO personal. You really need to try them out for yourself and also see what your little lady likes too. Some kids hate the bjorn, some love it. Some adults hate the Moby, some love it.

We had Bjorns and really liked them. My boys never took to the Moby we had and we sold it. But I know other moms really love the Ergo, the Moby, sling, etc.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimi, i got a peanut sling and a bjorn. but a lot of mom''s say for best back support the ergo is the best. i figure we''ll see how it goes...and if we have to return the bjorn we will and get an ergo. my back is fine but also it depends on what the kid might like.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, neat and Mara. I''m thinking I''ll wait until she is born and then try them out. I also think this is an item that would be best purchased consignment as while it sounds great in theory it may not get a lot of use.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results