shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we never bought a baby tub, just used the sponge in the sink or our tub.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone use those crib sheet savers that soak up diapers leaks? All the baby lists say to have 2 or 3 mattress pads but that seems excessive. Is it?? Can''t I just have 1 mattress pad and then use a waterproof pad on top? But they are smaller than the full mattress, so I don''t know if the baby will inevitably scoot around so he totally misses the pad and you have change the whole mattress pad and sheet anyways.

Ideas? Experiences? Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wrap them in saran wrap from the bottom down, sunkist. hehehe.

we are getting the waterproof pad things that are like 12x12 or something to start. you can put them under the sheet to save the mattress. they come in a pack of 3 or 4 i think. and our mattress supposedly has some waterproof seamless lining even though it's not plastic.

re: tub...i am going to get that sponge and see if it works in leiu of a tub to start. TG i plan to get some knee saver pad things for our floor, it is hexagonal tile in that bathroom, owie on the knees. the clawfoot is not too high, but i guess we'll find out...it's all trial and error right?!?! i figure we can also use the sponge in the kitchen sink if we need to for a while. still like the idea of a bucket haha.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, I just realized we don''t have a mattress pad! We have the 4-in-1 crib sheet (thanks Tacori and Tgal!), and two other crib sheets, but no mattress savers. Whoops.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had the sheet savers (2 of them), and we used them for spit-up protection. At least our guy was much more likely to spit up in bed than spring a leak
2.gif
. Once he started rolling I stopped using them since he was squirming all over the crib.

And my new stroller is on the truck for delivery now! I''ll post pics and a review after we take it for a spin tonight.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I have a question: do you need sheets for the pack n play? What about bassinets? Our bassinet is a family one that was just recently used for a 6 month old, so I should ask his mom, I guess!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a fitted mattress pad, fitted crib sheet, ultimate crib sheet and the mesh bumper. That is still how I make her bed two years later. Bassinets and Pack '' Plays need their own sheets.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks tacori! Happy birthday to your Tessa, too! Second anniversary for me, second birthday for her!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mara - yes! Saran-wrap! haha!

Tacori, so you cover up the cute sheets with an Ultimate Sheet? I guess I could try that :razz:

MG - I didn''t even think about them spitting up in bed too. Yeesh! so many messes to look forward too :)

Amber, I''ve seen bassinet sheets and mattresses at BRU. And I heard that the quilted pack-n-play sheets are nice if baby is going to take naps in there. I need to get that too.

I want to finish up my shopping today at BRU! Just little odds and ends. I have $150 left in gift cards, I hope it gets me at least most of the way! This stuff adds up too fast.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting the quilted pack n''play sheets, they look comfy. Too bad I don''t fit in there.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber, Happy Anniversary to you! I cannot believe T is 2! Crazy!

sunkist, yes it goes over. Babies spit up...a lot so they are good to have. They come in colors as well. We have one white and one light blue. I would say you need 1 mattress pad, 2 crib sheets and 2 ultimate crib sheets, 1 mesh bumper. The sheet I got for the P''NP was like a pillow case. It was nice b/c it didn''t pop up but I cannot remember where I got it. If the bassinet sheet got dirty I just laid down a receiving blanket.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori!

Okay, so I need a P''n''P sheet, a mattress pad, and another ultimate crib sheet. I have the mesh bumper, two crib sheets and an ultimate crib sheet. Of course, we still don''t have the crib built. God.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, let me know what knee savers you get...I still fold up a towel for my knees and hate it.

Tacori, which mattress pad do you have? We never used one. My mom made a homemade one that I use because Amelia was always sweating. Now she never does. All the mattress pads didn''t seem like they would help in the sweating department...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
So I have a confession. I have no idea how to properly put in the ultimate crib sheet. I tried and tried and it didn''t work so I returned it
emembarrassed.gif
. I don''t know if it''s just my type of crib or what.

Question: How do you ladies feel about buying used the following items:

Bumbo
Exasaucer
Jumperoo

TIA
35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2009 8:51:28 AM
Author: fiery
So I have a confession. I have no idea how to properly put in the ultimate crib sheet. I tried and tried and it didn''t work so I returned it
emembarrassed.gif
. I don''t know if it''s just my type of crib or what.

Question: How do you ladies feel about buying used the following items:

Bumbo
Exasaucer
Jumperoo

TIA
35.gif
Hey Fiery- it really depends on the kid with the Jumperoo, my first DD loved the jumperoo soooo much! she could spend about 45-1 hour jumping and playing in it, my Second DD hated it, I only would put her in there for a place holder so she wouldn''t crawl all over if I had to cook or clean for a bit.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery - we have all 3. Lex likes the exesaucer better...I can put in that while I cook dinner. He also like the jumperoo, but I noticed he doesn't like to stay in it as long as the exesaucer. But I really do think it's trial and error thing..sucks since things are so $$$...we thought he'd like the jumperoo more since he likes to "jump" on our lap, but that really hasn't been the case.

As for the bumbo....I use it now for feeding baby food. That's really been the only thing I've used it for. We just ordered a highchair, so it was nice to have the bumbo for feeding before than. And I would have used it longer, but he's gotten so chubby he get's stuck when trying to get him out! Hehehe....I'll try to pick him up and bumbo stays on his thighs! hysterical...

So after all that rambling, I'd say you don't really NEED a bumbo at all....and I'd try an exesaucer before the jumperoo.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. We put her in the exesaucer at Target and she loved it. But I think she may have been more interested in getting out of her car seat for a little while lol. I''m going to put her in a jumperoo tonight and see how it goes.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I will have to look what brand. I think it is just from BRU. I got it more to protect my mattress than help T.

fiery, you just take the "strings" and it snaps around the slats on the crib. Loved the bumbo. She used it to sit in, eat in and I even bathed her in it before. Feeding was SO messy in the beginning I fed her when she was naked, sitting in the bumbo IN the bathtub all ready so I could hose her down. LOVED the exasaucer. Get one with LOTS of toys. She would play with that thing for hours and even after she was too big to go in it she would play with the toys on the outside. We didn''t have a jumperoo so I cannot really comment on that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery I say buy used girl! You can bleach all those toys pretty well just with a spray down. And at least with my jumperoo and exersaucer you can removed the little cloth that is on it to wash.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mara- hope you like the sponge!!

Fiery - I''d buy used! Especially for things like a Bumbo which can easily be cleaned off and would have only really had a very short usefulness period in our household (so I''m glad we held off on buying it). George loves the jumperoo... I think that exersaucer vs jumperoo depends on the baby. Do you know anyone who has one or both of them so that you could try them out before buying?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery, it is not you. It does depend on the crib. Mine was an old bonavita, and the elastic in many places wasn''t long enough and if I could manage to get it snapped, would pop right back off.

What I did was buy some elastic. I about an inch off the end of the elastic on the sheet, then sewed on an extender piece of elastic. Finally, I sewed the but of the elastic with the snap back on to the extender piece. Ugly, but it did the job.

Tacori, thanks, I will take a look!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
moms i have a question...

i was looking at the britax roundabout car seat and noticed it said it was good for newborns to 5 years aka 5 lbs to 40 lbs.

so, what is the real purpose of an infant car seat then if some of the convertible car seats can accommodate newborns? is it if your stroller does not accommodate a newborn?

as i''ve said previously we don''t have a lot of space so just wondering if i can get away with just one carseat instead of 2 (assuming we''d have to have a stroller that worked from birth?).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara we have the roundabout and I really like it. The infant carseat (from my understanding) is safer since it kinda cradles the baby. Also for ease. It was so nice not to wake a sleeping baby. I used the s''ng exclusively the first 7-8 months or would put the carrier in the shopping cart. I am curious can you hang stuff in your garage or do you have attic space?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori we don't have attic or basement space, and we have a 1 car garage with a car in it. We put ceiling storage in, and we have a fair amt of space up there but nothing too heavy can go up. We could hang things on the wall. We just really are trying to stay minimal, we moved this year and it was such a PITA and we had so much crap to get rid of. We just don't want to get sucked in again.

I was planning to use the sng with infant car seat as well for a few months until we figured out our stroller needs. But I really like the Valco Latitude and just started thinking well if we could go with one stroller, one car seat it would be better. I also registered for the 'snuzzler' for the car seat so could that cradle the baby in a Britax?

Alternatively I could just get the Latitude and then use the Graco car seat adapter on it and nix the sng entirely. It's borrowed anyway. But the whole infant car seat thing just seems like ... well if you only use it for maybe 6 months, is it worth it?? Lastly, I know some Moms have said their kids hated the infant car seat, so there's no guarantee I guess that our boy will like it and feel comfortable in it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, the sides of the carseat (infant) come up. That''s what I meant about it being safer. T was in it for all 12 months. I stopped taking it out of the car when she got too heavy around 8 months. We have no basement either so I hear ya on that one. DH built a huge loft in our garage and we do have a decent size attic.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, we have the blvd...I love that it is bigger and roomier, so I am glad I got the infant seat. Amelia would have swam in the convertible britax.

Most babies even swim in the infant seats to start. The best way would be to borrow a seat. If not, a $100 seat like that Graco snugride installed PROPERLY is well worth it, IMHO. I don''t regret getting it all...made going places so much easier. Nice to visit people''s homes and just bring in the infant carseat with the kid napping. I wouldn''t roll a stroller or anything through someone''s house!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah...i think we'll stick with the infant seat, it is a lot more portable. TG we actually registered for a $100 snug ride...if we can just pass it down when done so we don't have to store it, we'll be set! the britax blvd on albee baby in a tan color is $140 on closeout, much better than retail. i might get the valco latitude and nix the sng then...that might be easier. thx!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, that is a good price but don''t forget they do expire so if you buy it now you are shortening the use by over a year. Just something to think about. Plus you have to store it
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 9:58:13 AM
Author: neatfreak
Fiery I say buy used girl! You can bleach all those toys pretty well just with a spray down. And at least with my jumperoo and exersaucer you can removed the little cloth that is on it to wash.

Ditto~!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
While in New York last week we spent some time in Albee Baby. I talked strollers with the salesperson and she highly recommended Cybex for an umbrella stroller; she shared that the owner of Cybex is orginally from Maclaren but moved on and started his own company after some differences. We''ll be 1/2 in and out of the car 1/2 out and about in an urban setting and she recommended we start w/ a Graco Carseat and the SNG, and then move on to Cybex (but said she would be comfortable putting an infant in a Cybex, but not in a Maclaren). Just thought I''d pass along her thoughts as she was extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results