shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Gems - Gene's new stones!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I want them all. It's a damned pretty drop tonight.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Kinda like Christmas lights! ;))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Ah well,

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
K9|1355792279|3333909 said:
Kinda like Christmas lights! ;))

Amazing idea! I wanna buy them all and make a Christmas tree brooch!

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
The mahenge is already gone! Ok, fess up...who dun it? :D

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I tried

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
It wasn't me. I'm kind of glad it's gone though, so it won't haunt me. It's kind of tiny too, not sure what I would have done with it. Other than rolled it around in my greasy fingers :D

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
I loved the topaz, but I'm cash-less (literally) :(

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1355792952|3333923 said:

For which one? The Mahenge? Have you set that gorgeous princess cut one yet? :naughty:

I caved and went for the mint. I have a beautiful yellow garnet cut by Gene that is the same cut and size, and sparkles like nobody's business. A bypass ring, perhaps? :Up_to_something:

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
The Jua Round cut he does looks awesome! Post lots of pics when it shows up :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want the tsavorite so badly but it's about twice my budget for my next jewelry purchase! I'd have gone for the mint garnet if I hadn't been beaten to it :lol:

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i wish id been quick enough to get the topaz. would have been perfect for a project i've been thinking of doing for my mum :( such lovely stones

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB, you got the mint??!! Would've snapped it up if I'd been quick enough. :nono: The topaz too but it was gone. Waaahhh! Fess up, who bought the topaz?

Enjoy, NKOTB, it will be beautiful, whatever you do with it. Thanks for saving me some change in a month when I shouldn't spend a.n.y. more!
:wavey:

--- Laurie

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday afternoon I tried to buy the Pink Spinel - went through PayPal and everything - but a few hours later Gene refunded me, saying someone else had purchased it before me. Oh well, what is meant to be will be - but I do hope a PSer bought it so I can enjoy it vicariously!

D

Deactivated member 42515

NKOTB|1355807245|3334073 said:
VapidLapid|1355792952|3333923 said:

For which one? The Mahenge? Have you set that gorgeous princess cut one yet? :naughty:

I caved and went for the mint. I have a beautiful yellow garnet cut by Gene that is the same cut and size, and sparkles like nobody's business. A bypass ring, perhaps? :Up_to_something:
Oooh that minty fresh stone is gonna be amazing!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
That mint green garnet had my name on it! (well, in my mind..) So gorgeous!

All the gems are beautiful!

I really need (grin) a mint green garnet set in a rose gold setting. Maybe next year Santa will bring me one.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
txgreeneyes said:
I really need (grin) a mint green garnet set in a rose gold setting. Maybe next year Santa will bring me one.

That sounds beautiful!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the blue topaz looked cool. THe spess looks nice, too (if I was into ovals)!

Still no confessions on the topaz or Mahenge, eh? :?:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I started going for the tsavorite, and then stopped cold at the price, lol. Not commenting on whether it's well priced or not, just wasn't necessarily in the market for a tsavorite so can't spend that much :)

Sigh. I loved the color and shape of it though. Love those elongated ovals.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Really? I was disappointed in the elongated ovals :(

I don't know if the price is good or not on that garnet but I certainly don't like the color enough to pay that much for a stone.That color green is just not for me. I much prefer the minty green or the light greenish/blue emeralds. Oh well :D

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Gotcha yeah I guess it's typically the more elongated, the worse the bow-tie? But the tsav didn't look like a bow-tie would be much of a problem - not that you can necessarily tell from one pic.

I did like the color though, looked like a nice glowy green without being too dark like a lot of tsavorites can be. And Gene's photos are pretty true to life.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't comment on bowties or the like, since I don't buy ovals (I've had a couple of supernovas, but have sold them), but the price seems decent on the tsav, at least for the current market (acknowledging that it's not chump change). I've seen a few that have been significantly smaller and at least as expensive, and don't think you see many that size?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I highly doubt that Gene will pick an elongated oval design that exhibits bad bowties. :))

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picked up the mint today. Sparkle-icious!!!

img_408.jpg

img_4417.jpg

img_4418.jpg

img_4422.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very bright and sparkly! Does it shift, showing some yellow and sometimes some blue in the green like in your pictures?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1356008690|3336392 said:
I highly doubt that Gene will pick an elongated oval design that exhibits bad bowties. :))
I admit, I LOLed at this comment. I cannot imagine Gene cutting anything with ANY bowties.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB: Could you tell me what the lighting is for the last pic of your mint garnet? I notice in my light tsavorites or mid-toned mint garnets that they shift color depending upon the light. No surprise, but what I think is surprising is that I thought they would be more bluish in fluorescent lighting and more pure green in sunlight, but it appears to be the other way around... :confused:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I've been waiting for the mint to appear in this thread! Oh so beautiful

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there is some shift but haven't had as much time as I'd like to play with it, with all the kids around. The first pic is in the car and 2&3 were taken in daylight on a grey snowy day. 4th is in fluorescents, which makes you right, Minou?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results