shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision 4th o' July sale - it's insaaaaaane!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
NAME YOUR PRICE

I named mine, waiting to hear...

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I doubt it'll work out :errrr: but what a great idea from Gene! :bigsmile:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes I see that was obtuse. precisiongem.com , the website of a lapidary who is highly regarded in this forum, is having a fourth of july sale through the week.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Oh nooooooooooooooo. I can't look. It'll be bad, and I have a setting to pay for.... But can't wait to see what you all get! :D

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ughhhhhhhhhhh, there are 2 that I REALLY want to name my price on, but I promised my hubby no more gemmies for the rest of the year!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just trying to get through the week! I'm going to have to block my internet access on Wednesday for the Brad and Barry drops, lol.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I am glad to report that I didn't get too greedy and my offer was accepted! Now it's off to the bank tomorrow to move funds around. Not so bad really, I had to do it anyway. But the important thing is that I will soon have a glowing yellow sapphire!!!! I noticed a few other stones were marked sold since this morning too. If the green tourmaline smith bar doesnt sell by the end of the week I may have to do some wall street style accounting magic. That stone is really already a bargain since I think it was originally $800-900. But I got the yellow sapphire, the search for which is what lead me to pricescope in the first place.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nice! It always feels really good when you get a stone you've spent a while searching for.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Vapid: that yellow sapphire is gorgeous - congratulations! I would have loved to be able to offer for 817, but I'm being a dreadful spendthrift as it is :???:

I didn't get my offer accepted, but we did come to a price, and now I have the aqua oval winging its way to me. I've been looking at it for quite a while, so I'm thrilled! I have an image of a double-chain necklace with it N-S as the centre, but not for OH so long...! :loopy:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice sapphire, nice aqua! We came to an agreement on a chrome tourmaline. :appl: It's pretty small, but the cut and colour look great. Have you guys participated in the name your price sale before? Is the expectation that either we take the counter offer or let the deal die, or is it like buying a house where you could do one more counter offer? I suppose I could just ask Gene, but thought I'd ask here first.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB|1309872303|2961895 said:
Nice sapphire, nice aqua! We came to an agreement on a chrome tourmaline. :appl: It's pretty small, but the cut and colour look great. Have you guys participated in the name your price sale before? Is the expectation that either we take the counter offer or let the deal die, or is it like buying a house where you could do one more counter offer? I suppose I could just ask Gene, but thought I'd ask here first.

I didn't re-offer on his counter, as it was a fair price IMO. Sorry, I can't advise o_O I guess it depends on the wording of your emails...? Love the stone, (ETA: I assumed it was the smallest one coz of your post - is that right?) so I shall look forward to home photos once you get it :lickout:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't counter offer again either, for the same reason (his was fair), but I was just curious. It isn't the smallest, as I see there's a .98 ct stone listed, though that one faces up bigger. Mine is the one listed as "out of stock" - it's 1.02 ct.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Yikes I got two with my last $800. His gems are excellently priced without a discount though, so I couldn't resist once within reach.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1310065077|2963993 said:
Yikes I got two with my last $800. His gems are excellently priced without a discount though, so I couldn't resist once within reach.

It's true his prices are always already fair. Makes me feel guilty a little asking for lower, but since he offered, how could I not? Even so Im still careful not to name a price that would be disrespectful or insulting.
Congratulations on your double stoning!
This is the sapphire I have coming

Now I fully realize some will say it has a greyish brown modifier. It certainly is not the vivid blazing yellow I had thought I wanted. And still would like . But Im not asking this stone to be that. I like its straw yellow with the sleepy silk threads. Also I see hints of a peachy modifier. Now I know peach and yellow is not a pad, so I would like to coin the word "chutmoutardscha" for stones showing this delicate muted yellow with a peach modifier.

pl_6_detail_1.png

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may not have handled the whole thing the way it was intended, but now I have a better idea for next time. :)

Kelpie, which ones did you get?

VapidLapid - "chutmoutardscha" - lol, love it!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I think the chutmoutardscha will prove to be quite charming. Gene takes good pictures but it's nothing like how awesome they look in person. These are what I got: 6.08 mint tourmaline and 4.62 pink spinel I have wanted for what seems like years. I don't know what to do with the tourmaline but it seems like a rare size and I love that cut (like my avatar). I thought ovals were pretty blah before. Suggestions on how to set? I figure it needs YG.

mintytourm.jpg

spinel.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I was partly drawn towards my aqua oval because of your avatar ring, kelpie :) and I'm excited that you say the gems are even better in person...!

Yellow would be lovely: or rose 14k for the mint? I do like a buttery high-k yg though. Very clean simple setting: no melee. Double pronging. Maybe brushed metal? That's what they're saying to me, both of them. Like sister settings. I'd like the spinel as a N-S ring, and the toum as a N-S pendant.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1310065973|2964016 said:
Now I fully realize some will say it has a greyish brown modifier. It certainly is not the vivid blazing yellow I had thought I wanted. And still would like . But Im not asking this stone to be that. I like its straw yellow with the sleepy silk threads. Also I see hints of a peachy modifier. Now I know peach and yellow is not a pad, so I would like to coin the word "chutmoutardscha" for stones showing this delicate muted yellow with a peach modifier.

I love this gem's glow. So looking forward to many more future shots of it.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1310126138|2964542 said:
I was partly drawn towards my aqua oval because of your avatar ring, kelpie :) and I'm excited that you say the gems are even better in person...!

Yellow would be lovely: or rose 14k for the mint? I do like a buttery high-k yg though. Very clean simple setting: no melee. Double pronging. Maybe brushed metal? That's what they're saying to me, both of them. Like sister settings. I'd like the spinel as a N-S ring, and the toum as a N-S pendant.

I like the way you're thinking! Rose gold is my favorite but I wonder if I over do it. My jeweler looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted the yellowish minty tsav in my avatar done in rose. When I first received I thought I may have made a mistake, but it does deepen the color and now I'm 100% satisfied with that decision and want a ring like that in every color. I have some 1ctw trillion earrings coming I snagged off ebay to be side stones for the spinel. It's a great way to get cheap sides, plus you can wear and enjoy until you are ready to start the project!

Do you have plans for the Aqua yet? The color is to die for!

ETA- I see you are doing a double chain pendant and that sounds like a great idea. I haven't worked with Daniel M but the fact that he does pendants in silver means you could afford it sooner. I definitely will try him for some pendants in the future.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, maybe moving away from the rose for these stones for a change might be fun: I also love the green/mint-with-rose, as I'm rocking it for my ering, but I dunno if I'd do it on any other pieces, as I'd like that unusual look to be particular to that one ring only. Tempting though...! - it does do brilliant things to the stone colour. Good idea about the trillion earrings: they're diamonds, yes? That's a lovely classic look with the spinel. Yum!

I was thinking DanielM argentium setting for the aqua necklace: like you say, I won't have to wait too long for the setting in silver! :D I was thinking of looking around for two cornflower blue/similar brilliant little rounds to bezel in on the clavicle area, to allow the necklace to be half double-strand, half single strand.

I'm really looking forward to receiving this stone now. I feel this oval shape is a signature cut for a Gene gem: can't wait to see it in person. :twirl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I died over that mint tourm on his website! Congratulations for getting it. Just fabulous!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Kelpie: I love that tourmaline!! I chickened out and bought the smaller greenish tourmaline from Gene. I think the color on yours is going to be much more intense!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1310125424|2964539 said:
I think the chutmoutardscha will prove to be quite charming. Gene takes good pictures but it's nothing like how awesome they look in person. These are what I got: 6.08 mint tourmaline and 4.62 pink spinel I have wanted for what seems like years. I don't know what to do with the tourmaline but it seems like a rare size and I love that cut (like my avatar). I thought ovals were pretty blah before. Suggestions on how to set? I figure it needs YG.

Those colors and shapes would make for a great, and huge, bypass ring. :naughty:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
TL|1310150635|2964863 said:

Those colors and shapes would make for a great, and huge, bypass ring. :naughty:

Gosh, I'm having trouble envisioning how I would carry that off on a size 4...but you are right they are nice complements to eachother.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
natsplat|1309851132|2961812 said:
I didn't get my offer accepted, but we did come to a price, and now I have the aqua oval winging its way to me. I've been looking at it for quite a while, so I'm thrilled!

Please take good care of that aqua. I've had it bookmarked and pics saved on my computer for quite some time. Guess I can mark it off my list now. Can't wait to see in hand pics. :)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1310186370|2965301 said:
Please take good care of that aqua. I've had it bookmarked and pics saved on my computer for quite some time. Guess I can mark it off my list now. Can't wait to see in hand pics. :)

I shall do: and I shall bore you all rigid with my various qualms about setting/progress/accent gems etc ;-)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
oo oo oo it's here already! - Superquick US-UK shipping!

I'll charge the camera and get aqua shots on here soon :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results