shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-ring manicures

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I love french tips or nude peachy colors. Just simple and classic for me!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I love the polka dots Stacey! And the engagement colors, gorgeous!

And all the shimmery pinks. I'm a big fan of pinky/peachy/mauvey colors.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334581772|3172251 said:
madelise|1334551108|3172122 said:
Maybe I'll just have to carry around a set of press on nails for when I think the time might be close, LOL! Immediately after proposal, "HOLD ON HONEY, I GOTTA PUT MY NAILS ON! NO PICTURES YET! HOLD ON!!!"
HAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!

I was joking when I wrote that. But now I think I have a good idea. A good friend of mine just got engaged over the weekend, and she didn't have her nails done! It was all chipped polish. :O She's horrified that all those people (she had a surprise party) had gazed into her hands when her nails were all ugly.

Stacy- I *LOVE* the polka dots! And that little heart! Do you do your designing yourself?

Beesha- don't you love it! I love having it at home :) so I can just touch up RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! I've even had some lazy days where I'd just file down any lifting, color in the "bald" spots, repaint the whole nail, then set it with the top sealing coat. Manicure saved! And I keep a whole bunch of little swarovski flat backs at home to cover any "regrowth" that I'm too lazy to paint over.

RSG - you can put gel top coat on regular polish? I read somewhere that it doesn't last as long because the regular polish doesn't stick to your nail as well as gel does? Any truth behind that? I seriously trashed all my old polishes except for a few "quick setting" ones.. :errrr:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
covering regrowth with flat backs:

390444_2441796158355_1055340010_32280969_852194022_n.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love polka dots on just about anything, so I figured it would be perfect on my nails and toes too! I currently have purple polish with white polka dots on my toes :twirl: I get them done at this little nail salon and every time I bring in an idea, they think I'm crazy. That said, the last time I went (Friday before engagement pics) my lady had polka dots on her toes too because she loved how mine always turn out so cute! Woohoo!! I thought the heart pretty fitting for the engagement pictures :love: FI thinks I'm a bit batty, but he giggles whenever I come home with 'crazy' nails/toes. I'm trying to think of my next look...possibly minty green with stripes on my ring finger only?! I usually get tons of compliments, since it isn't the 'norm'. I'll have to start a thread in hangout with my next nail job...stay tuned next Friday! lol

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do start the thread! I'll try to keep my eye out for it, and I'll post some of my crazier manicures ;P

audball

Ideal_Rock
That could be fun!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1334775598|3174431 said:
I love polka dots on just about anything, so I figured it would be perfect on my nails and toes too! I currently have purple polish with white polka dots on my toes :twirl: I get them done at this little nail salon and every time I bring in an idea, they think I'm crazy. That said, the last time I went (Friday before engagement pics) my lady had polka dots on her toes too because she loved how mine always turn out so cute! Woohoo!! I thought the heart pretty fitting for the engagement pictures :love: FI thinks I'm a bit batty, but he giggles whenever I come home with 'crazy' nails/toes. I'm trying to think of my next look...possibly minty green with stripes on my ring finger only?! I usually get tons of compliments, since it isn't the 'norm'. I'll have to start a thread in hangout with my next nail job...stay tuned next Friday! lol

I always get crazy manis too...start a threadddddddd i can add every other week LOL. I LOVE polka dots. I have done a "french" with hot pink tips and white polka dots...it adds such a cute dimension!

@madelise: My nail tech just told me last mani that she found a way to do the polish with gel on top. I wish i could take a pic today...as it has been 2 weeks and i just have polish on the tip - gel over it...and it looks as good as the day i got it! I will come back and edit this post later to add the pic.... i cant add it on mobile and my work computer wont allow me to upload it :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1334795931|3174664 said:
@madelise: My nail tech just told me last mani that she found a way to do the polish with gel on top. I wish i could take a pic today...as it has been 2 weeks and i just have polish on the tip - gel over it...and it looks as good as the day i got it! I will come back and edit this post later to add the pic.... i cant add it on mobile and my work computer wont allow me to upload it :(

ooh do you think you can sneak a peak next time and figure out what it is? does she still use the gel base coat? then put regular polish, then top coat? or does she skip the base gel, put on the regular polish then just top it off with the top gel?

I want to be able to do a gel french tip on myself, but since the gel's consistency is much more slippery, I can never get my french tips to look right. They slide before they set! I want to be able to use reg. white polish then top it with gel..

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1334800282|3174720 said:
ooh do you think you can sneak a peak next time and figure out what it is? does she still use the gel base coat? then put regular polish, then top coat? or does she skip the base gel, put on the regular polish then just top it off with the top gel?

I want to be able to do a gel french tip on myself, but since the gel's consistency is much more slippery, I can never get my french tips to look right. They slide before they set! I want to be able to use reg. white polish then top it with gel..

You are in luck! My appointment is tomorrow...i will try to get the tips of the trade for you haha. My nails were breaking a lot so I actually have very short, to the fingertip, acrylic tips on right now so i will make sure to ask if the process is the same for naked nails! :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1334801356|3174740 said:
You are in luck! My appointment is tomorrow...i will try to get the tips of the trade for you haha. My nails were breaking a lot so I actually have very short, to the fingertip, acrylic tips on right now so i will make sure to ask if the process is the same for naked nails! :)

YESSSS. Insider tips ;-).

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334773828|3174388 said:
covering regrowth with flat backs:

such a smart idea!!! love it! will have to remember this one :))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
either it's way to early in the morning...or i'm just having a brain fart...or both...but i can't find the edit button on my posts :?:

So here's the pic of my mani with the reg polish tips and gel over it...2 weeks post manicure...still looking great!

photo_71.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334841650|3174971 said:
either it's way to early in the morning...or i'm just having a brain fart...or both...but i can't find the edit button on my posts :?:

So here's the pic of my mani with the reg polish tips and gel over it...2 weeks post manicure...still looking great!

photo_71.jpg
Edit button is only available for about an hour after the time you made a particular post. Then it goes away.

Very pretty btw!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise! I got the 411 for you...

She said there are a lot of ways people successfully pull this off, so you have to try and see what works best for you. On natural nails she applies cnd sticky first. Since mine was just a tip and they are still acrylic right now, she just filled down the tip to roughen it up.

I actually got coral/melon-y color tips with gold glitter, but it happens to be all gel and loose glitter mixed with top coat, so i couldn't see this in action.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Someday Sunday- So Sorry I am just barely answering you! I'm not sure of the color, but the bottle is labeled #53 at the salon, not sure if that is their numbering system or what. Sorry I can't be of more help :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1334944198|3176311 said:
Madelise! I got the 411 for you...

She said there are a lot of ways people successfully pull this off, so you have to try and see what works best for you. On natural nails she applies cnd sticky first. Since mine was just a tip and they are still acrylic right now, she just filled down the tip to roughen it up.

I actually got coral/melon-y color tips with gold glitter, but it happens to be all gel and loose glitter mixed with top coat, so i couldn't see this in action.

THANKS for following through! So she uses regular base coat, regular polish then tops it off with gel?

I might as well just go get manicures from the salon, and come home and use gel top coat myself! LOL! I hate doing my own french tips.. I have to redo them over and over until I get them to look semi-decent.

I haven't gotten my nails or toes done since before I went to Jamaica, so it's been a good month. Ewww, right? I broke off 2 of my toe nails ;( So they're looking pretty fugly. Yet I don't want to cut the rest all down to the bone to "match". Ugh, I don't know what I want to do with them! My nails grow SOO slow, it'll be super ugly for a few months. Maybe I'll make a trip next week, as a "present" since I just finished my midterms? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results