shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-Purchase Questions About Garnet Necklaces

MsCuriousWriter

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions about garnet necklaces; I'd like to start by stating that I'm not a jeweler or have any experience with purchasing, authenticating, appraising or selling jewelry of any kind, I just have a few questions and thought this might be a good place to ask them. I've been looking at a garnet necklace - 29.25 ct. tw. Genuine garnets crafted in 925 sterling silver. Ninety-four reddish-brown multi-shaped garnets totaling 25.75 ct. tw. One pear shaped garnet totaling 3.50 ct. tw. Length 16 inches with a lobster claw necklace lock. The necklace is sold at the Ellora's Cave website in the website's Cave Couture Boutique and the price it's being sold for on the website is $299 and they show the list price as $1,220, giving the customer a 75% savings at $921. My question is, is this a good price for a garnet necklace like the one described on their website and if I were to purchase a necklace such as this, would it be a good idea to take the necklace to a jewelry appraiser to authenticate or could I request a certificate of authenticity from the website selling the jewelry? Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

Yours Respectfully,
MsCuriousWriter

Here's a link to the jewelry I'm asking about. http://www.ellorascave.com/garnet-necklace.html

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a fair price. Garnet melee with that colouration is extremely common and inexpensive costing only a few cents each as is the silver setting, so the bulk of the price is in the design and workmanship of the necklace. I would not have the necklace authenticated as it is not cost effective.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results