shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-loved setting option for my giant zircon

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know whether this should go in rocky talky or CS? Mods, please move if you need to.

I have my zircon for sale, but if I find a setting to accommodate that fattie, I am going to keep it. :lol: :lol: The dimensions are 10.80 X 8.50 mm and the depth is about 10mm. Does the depth prevent me from finding a used setting? If anyone has seen anything that would work, I would love some suggestions. Thanks!

img_4972_1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably hard to find but what kid of setting are you after

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1472834711|4072599 said:
Probably hard to find but what kid of setting are you after

I'd consider anything that it fits in, honestly!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be very difficult to just find a setting that size. I'd suggest Stuller settings or some of the Cheap US or good Asian vendors on Ebay or some of the better looking vendors on Etsy as other viable budget friendly alternatives.

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
What's your budget? I think jewelerhoo or logr are very budget friendly.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1472944706|4073031 said:
I think it would be very difficult to just find a setting that size. I'd suggest Stuller settings or some of the Cheap US or good Asian vendors on Ebay or some of the better looking vendors on Etsy as other viable budget friendly alternatives.

Thanks Arkie- I didn't know stuller made custom size settings, I will look into it....

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your chances of finding a pre-loved setting increase if you have a local jeweler with a skilled bench who can do modifications. I am fortunate to have one that is very reasonable.

Adding to the list of options to try - many have had success with affordable settings from My Diamond Zone/Ivy and Rose Vintage -and- they have a bench. I haven't used them (yet) but you could email them with your stones dimensions and see what they might be able to do.

Also - I recall you bought the stone from Best in Gems - did they have any options?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results