shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers for my grandfather please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think I should stop saying it can''t get worst because it just does.

Today I wrote my last exam as a medical student, and everyone was celebrating their bright future. I left because it made me sad, jealous etc. So as soon as I get home, my mom says to me, ''''Your grandmother just call to tell us that granddad is dying''''
A little history, my grandfather lived with us in Canada for 10 years, and we were very close. He had a stoke 8 years in, which was debilitating but with physiotherapy he got better. He lasted 2 additional years in Canada, before he decided that he really wasn''t happy here (the cold weather and all) and elected to return to Vietnam permenently. This was very difficult for me to accept because saying that the health care system is substandard is an understatement.

For the past 3 years, he''s been in Vietnam living in his native village (a tiny hamlet) we send money, support, for everything he needs, and he has been very happy. We barely communicated (the telephone doesn''t work, and the connection is awful, i.e I can hear his voice but it cuts and you can''t have a conversation.)

So obviously, the people we hired to take care of him are not doctors. All I know is that he fell (don''t know if he hit his head) he''s conscious, but completely paralyzed. Somewhat lucid. But lucid enough to adamently refuse to be take 500+ miles to the hospital. It sounds to me like he might have had a stroke, or he might have hit his head. Details are completely sketchy, but my grandmother and aunt are leaving for Vietnam as soon as possible.

My grandfather is 86 years old. I know, I know, that everyone is thinking...he''s old, lived a good life, but I am terrified that he passes away. I don''t want him to be in pain, and I feel useless here. And it''s selfish, but I don''t think I can stand another blow. We''re going to call Vietnam tonight and hope that we can clarify the situation. So please send positive thoughts if possible.

I feel like it rains cats, dogs, hamsters, horses and pigs. And every other animal concieveable.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
ally~ I''m so sorry. I will pray for your grandpa and your family. I can''t imagine how helpless you must feel. It sounds like you still had plans to be with your grandpa again, I hope somehow you can.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge huge hugs ally.

Oh sweetheart, what a year...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Ugh...so sorry about your grandfather. Sending dust and good vibes your way. It must be terrifying for you to be so far away from him
39.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, your grandfather is in my thoughts and prayers.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Ally I am so sorry, sending you a massive hugs for you and prayers for your grandad.

I am so sorry that your having to deal with all of sheet life is throwing you at the momment, more hugs.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally. I''m so so sorry. *Hugs*

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what to say Ally other than that I am still praying for you and sending you hugs.
7.gif

ETA: I do have something to say to you actually..well something I want to remind you of. Your year has been horrible and it will arguably be the worst year of your life when you think back on it; however..there is one saving grace, one special thing I hope you won't forget. We are so so lucky to still have you here. There is a reason in my opinion that you are still here. It is not your time to go..nor your time to give up. You are a strong person, and those in your life are blessed to have you. You've met many obstacles and losses in one year, more than any person should ever have to meet..but you have one huge saving grace, one huge miracle..that I do pray you don't forget...you are still here. So please do not lose the battle with grief..it's not going to be an easy one. But you are a blessing and you must remember that. Sorry if this sounds too harsh..I only meant positive things.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ally, I''m so sorry. It has been such a horrendous year for you. I''m sending as much healing dust as I can for your grandfather.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally sweetheart, I am praying as hard as I can. Sending you my love - I wish there was something I could do to help....
emrose.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hugs and well wishes. I''m so sorry!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally honey, I am so sorry to hear this. You have been through so much. I am praying really hard for your dear grandfather and for you too.

Love, Linda

tlh

Ideal_Rock
((HUGS))

It must be so difficult to be so far away from a loved one who is hurting. my thoughts are with you and your family right now and your granddad. I hope your family have safe travels and are able to be with him at this time.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Sending you a million hugs! I''m so sorry. You just don''t need any more right now. Be strong. We are all here for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, biggest hugs outgoing to you and your family.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh ally, many ((hugs))... what a year. My prayers will be with you and your family. I hope your aunt and grandmother have a safe flight over.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally, I''m so sorry. You and your grandfather are in my thoughts.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh my goodness Ally. I hate that so many bad things can happen to such a good person.

I''ll keep your grandfather in my thoughts.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So sad to hear your news. I hope things can start to look up for you and your grandfather soon.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. *HUGS*

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ally! I am so sorry. You will be in my thoughts.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ally -

I''m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know everything is piling up and it''s got to be beyond stressful, but I''m going to tell you one thing, not just to comfort or make you feel better, but because it''s true. When you''ve had a chance to work through all that has happened and come out on the other side, you will be stronger. That''s one good thing about bad things happening.

Hang in there. Things will get better.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry too, Ally, and will keep you and your grampa in my thoughts and prayers!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, Ally, Ally...You trooper. You are always in my prayers. Are you going to Vietnam too?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry to hear this, sweetheart...I hope your grandfather gets better. My most positive thoughts outgoing.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge hugs and dust to you, Ally! Your Granddad is in my prayers!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
((((((MORE HUGE HUGS COMING YOUR WAY))))).

Grandpas are indeed very special people and we''re not ready to lose them no matter what their/our age. Prayers for your special grandpa and your family going out.

I''m so sorry for all your troubles, but as another PS''er posted, your miraculous healing is a blessing in itself.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
{{{{[HUGE HUGS ALLY}}}}} I am so sorry to hear this news. Your grandpa will be in my thoughts and prayers. You know how special my Nanny was to me, so I completely understand how you are feeling sweetie.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Ally. HUGE HUGS outgoing to you, and the very best and most optimistic of thoughts for your grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results