shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers for my grandfather please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally hun, I''m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending hugs and stay strong.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your grandfather Ally...hope he recovers.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, I''m sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know it''s just one more thing on top of everything else. Sending positive thoughts your way!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I am so sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh. i''m so sorry you are going through such mountains of sadness + obstacles. i''m sending you lots of ps dust and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, lots and lots of strong prayers outgoing for your dear grandfather and prays of strength to all of you. ((((HUGS))))

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ally- I missed this until today. Truly unbelievable- I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It is so hard to believe that so much could be piled onto one person. I have been thinking of you!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, just wanted to see how your grampa is doing!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 12:54:26 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
I don''t know what to say Ally other than that I am still praying for you and sending you hugs.
7.gif

ETA: I do have something to say to you actually..well something I want to remind you of. Your year has been horrible and it will arguably be the worst year of your life when you think back on it; however..there is one saving grace, one special thing I hope you won''t forget. We are so so lucky to still have you here. There is a reason in my opinion that you are still here. It is not your time to go..nor your time to give up. You are a strong person, and those in your life are blessed to have you. You''ve met many obstacles and losses in one year, more than any person should ever have to meet..but you have one huge saving grace, one huge miracle..that I do pray you don''t forget...you are still here. So please do not lose the battle with grief..it''s not going to be an easy one. But you are a blessing and you must remember that. Sorry if this sounds too harsh..I only meant positive things.
Ally, I don''t think you and I have posted together before, so I hope you won''t mind if I add something to Sara''s post above.

I think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, especially, the hard times, it is difficult for us to fathom why life is throwing us these continued series of curved balls, one after the other, after the other. Perhaps our job is not to fathom out why this continues to happen, maybe our job is to endure in the belief that we will come out the other side stronger, wiser, more compassionate people.

I have a friend that I extoll this theory to from time to time and he thinks I''m barking mad. Either way, does it really matter? It matters to me because I believe that the wisdom and experience I have gained along the way I can use to help other people facing similar traumas and difficulties.

Two days ago I read a father''s tribute at his daugher''s funeral that was taking place thousands of miles away from him. He was torn between the need to be there as any father would and the need to be at the side of his bed-ridden wife.

The first line of his tribute read:, "Say not in grief that Kathryn is no more, but in thankfulness that she was".

I''m telling you this, not because, as you suggested, that he''s lived a good life, but because I hope that it helps you to focus on the 10 years that you spent with your Grandfather and the special memories that you will have because of being able to live with one another. As for what happens in Vietnam, what will be - will be. I shall hope and pray for the best outcome for you, your Grandfather and the rest of your family.

Stay strong, because I am sure that is what your Grandfather wants you to do.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
SarahLovesJS: You wrote such nice things, Sarah, I have to be honest that these past few weeks, even before my grandfather became ill, I often wondered if it would have been easier if the accident had ended differently. I know that it is looking at a blessing and being ungrateful, but these days, everyday seems long, and living each moment seems like an effort. I KNOW that I decide how to react. I keep telling myself that. And the lift lasts for 60 seconds before I think about the future, and I am terrified. There have been some dark moments this weekend; I can honestly say that I believe the events have surpassed my capabilities of coping. I don't take offense to what you wrote, because if anything, it's the very astute and spot on

I finally have some news. My mom talked to my grandfather last night. They had a doctor come to the house, I use the term loosely because he doesn't have a diagnosis, but he will come everyday for the next while. My grandfather says he can't walk right now because he fell, but he says he can move his legs, but they have no strength. Unfortunately he is not able to sit up on his own, but he is conscious, and able to eat. He said that he didn't break his hip, but that he stayed on the ground for a long time before his nurse found him. He is anxious to see my grandmother and my aunt, and was sad that my mom wasn't coming over (She just had surgery for a ruptured tympan, and the doctor said she could not go on a plane until late May because of the air pressure). And most of all, he isn't in any pain.

It's hard for me to get an accurate reading on how sick he is. On one hand, his caretakers would summon his family home if he was fine, but at the same time, my mom said he sounded *alright*. She will probably be leaving in late May, and said she didn't want to go because of my wedding. I thought that was hilarious. I told her that I didn't give a d&*n about the wedding and she had better go!!!!e

So we are a bit in a Limbo. Hopefully when my aunt arrives, she will be able to tell us how bad it REALLY is. She has a cell phone though, so hopefully the coverage will allow us to have a phone conversation. I get really frustrated at all of this, probably in my ignorance, because I live in North America and everything is technologically advanced. The notion of not being able to get some medical attention freaks me out completely.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ally- well at least you know now that someone is there looking after him, even if it''s still not absolutely clear what is going on.

And Sarah is absolutely right- you have been through so much and you''re still fighting, when so many people would have just thrown in the towel. You are one strong woman! And we''re all thrilled and blessed that you''re still here
9.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ally. I''m sorry to hear about your g-pa''s fall & ailing health.

I''m glad you posted and update and am relieved to hear there is some progress. Please keep us posted.

Prayers for you & your family....

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Any news Ally?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
SparklyLibra: I don''t have any news yet
7.gif
, Thank you for asking. I am hopeful though because the last news we got was positive, so I''m going to concentrate on the positive. Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results