shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers for my Dad please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not really sure where to post this, but since BWW is where I spend most of my PS time these days, I figured this would be okay...

I just wanted to write a quick note asking for prayers and positive energy and thoughts for my Dad. He was rushed to the hospital yesterday for emergency surgery after being sick for almost two weeks. Turns out, he had a number of cysts along his spinal cord, which apparently is very rare. They removed the cysts, but he still has an infection. He''s currently paralyzed from the chest down and the doctors say they don''t know if he''ll ever fully recover.

My dad has always been the healthiest person I''ve known. He never gets sick, always takes vitamins and eats right and gets exercise. He hasn''t even so much as missed a day of work in over 20 years. He''s an avid snowboarder and it''s his passion in life. He''s also a chiropractor and absolutely loves his job and his patients. My dad is a very positive person but I just can''t imagine what it will do to him if he can''t do the things he loves and is passionate about anymore. I feel so scared and awful for him right now.

My FI and I drove the 2.5 hours to see him yesterday and then we had to come back because FI has to work today and the rest of the weekend. But I''m going to take off work today and get packed up and take him some things and go spend the weekend down there. My mom is down there helping to take care of things and my uncle, aunt, and cousin live pretty close to the hospital he''s in so they''ll be visiting.

I just can''t believe this is happening to him. He doesn''t deserve this. I love him so much and I just hope he''s going to be okay. So please, help me out and send him positive energy and prayers and thoughts and vibes and all of that. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this.
15.gif
I hope its just temporary and that he makes a full recovery.

My thoughts are with you.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Dust and good vibes coming his way . . .

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Your family are in my thoughts and prayers
17.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl,

You have my thoughts an prayers. I understand exactly what you''re going through. My mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis a few years ago, and it affected her ability to walk. She has a great neurologist, and she retains some limited mobility, but it''s not the same as before she got sick. But we know it''s degenerative, and we worry about the future.

I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family. I am so, so sorry. Please know that you''re not alone, and please try to focus on the fact that he has a chance to be back up and about after all this. He needs the positivity to get better.

I am thinking of you and your family, and sending my most hopeful, healing thoughts your way....

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking of you and your dad, Pearl.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl I''m so sorry to hear about your dad.
15.gif

I''m sending my thoughts, prayers, and all the healing dust I have to him right now.

Stay strong dear! (((HUGS)))

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Hugs, prayers, and all my positive energy coming your way

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry about your dad.... I''ve thrown up a prayer for your dad. Let''s believe and expect a speedy recovery :)

~SL.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Take care Pearl, I have my prayer with you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
prayers outpouring to your dad and family. stay strong.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking of you and your family, for sure... :hugs:

Your family will get through this. No worries. Please keep us updated!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
aww im so sorr y Pearl!!! lots of get well dust for your daddy! ;-)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you and your family, hope your father recovers very soon.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Wow pearl, I am so sorry. I can imagine how shocked you must be because he was so healthy. Your family will be in my thoughts.

Sending lots of dust for a full recovery! *****************

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Pearl, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

((HUGS))

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Dust and prayers going to your father, your family, and you..

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pearl, I''m so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers and positive thoughts outgoing!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Pearl, so sorry to hear this dreadful news about your dad - how tragic for him and for you and your family. I will be sending all possible thoughts, prayers, and dust his way and yours for a speedy and complete recovery - I''m sure in the meantime being surrounded by those he loves will be the best possible comfort.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl,

I would like to send my deepest sympathy for your situation and please know that I will be keeping your father and all your family in my prayers. I know that while this seems difficult, trust that you have people who are praying for his health and well being.

Big hugs and love from all of us!

AlliMay

Rough_Rock
You and your family will cerainly be in my thoughts and prayers...Please try to stay positive and know that there are a lot of people sending positive vibes your way!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers and dust outgoing.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Pearl My thoughts and prayers are with you, you dad and your family loads of dust for a speedy and full recovery.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear this...your family will be in my thoughts and I''m sending loads of dust your way.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
(((hugs))) for you and lots of dust for your dad.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way...
bighug5.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
lots of prayers, dust and positive vibes coming your way from me pearl...

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:11:36 PM
Author:PearlDahhhling
I''m not really sure where to post this, but since BWW is where I spend most of my PS time these days, I figured this would be okay...

I just wanted to write a quick note asking for prayers and positive energy and thoughts for my Dad. He was rushed to the hospital yesterday for emergency surgery after being sick for almost two weeks. Turns out, he had a number of cysts along his spinal cord, which apparently is very rare. They removed the cysts, but he still has an infection. He''s currently paralyzed from the chest down and the doctors say they don''t know if he''ll ever fully recover.

My dad has always been the healthiest person I''ve known. He never gets sick, always takes vitamins and eats right and gets exercise. He hasn''t even so much as missed a day of work in over 20 years. He''s an avid snowboarder and it''s his passion in life. He''s also a chiropractor and absolutely loves his job and his patients. My dad is a very positive person but I just can''t imagine what it will do to him if he can''t do the things he loves and is passionate about anymore. I feel so scared and awful for him right now.

My FI and I drove the 2.5 hours to see him yesterday and then we had to come back because FI has to work today and the rest of the weekend. But I''m going to take off work today and get packed up and take him some things and go spend the weekend down there. My mom is down there helping to take care of things and my uncle, aunt, and cousin live pretty close to the hospital he''s in so they''ll be visiting.

I just can''t believe this is happening to him. He doesn''t deserve this. I love him so much and I just hope he''s going to be okay. So please, help me out and send him positive energy and prayers and thoughts and vibes and all of that. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
7.gif

I am so sorry this is happening to you.
8.gif
This exact same thing happened to a friend of mine in November and he was paralyzed from the chest down. They removed the cysts from his spinal cord as well and started him on medications immediately, and today is the very first day he has been home with his family since it happened (for the weekend only). He is living at a Rehabilitation Hospital, but slowly in the weeks after this occurred he started regaining movement in one arm and then another and he now has taken a few steps during his therapy sessions. It has been a rough road for him, hopefully his story can provide you with some hope. I wish you and your family all the best and my well wishes while you are going through this hard time. I also wish your Dad a full recovery and will be keeping you and him in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, I know what it is like to watch a sick parent and it is not something I wish on anybody.
38.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pearl, I'm so sorry about this terrible news
8.gif
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family ((((hugs)))) I hope your dad has a healthy and speedy recovery!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Coming over from LIW to say that I am so sorry to hear this...I have a very strong relationship with my Dad and it chokes me up to put myself in your shoes. Sweetie I am thinking about you and praying for him...hang in there, and please keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results