shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers & Cards for Niki of NiceIce!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond industry is a fairly tight knit community and we consider Price Scope to be an extension of that family. Therefore we’re asking all of you for a simple favor that will put a smile on the face of our daughter Niki who suffers from Fanconi A-Plastic Anemia and who may be in the final stages of her life.

This is NOT a request for money so please do not misconstrue the intentions of this request. This is not a post which we make lightly and we apologize for dropping it on to the general diamond forum of PS but we do so knowing that this is where it will receive the most attention...

In short, we’re asking you to send a funny card, postcard, or perhaps a note with a couple of stickers or a funny picture of your cat or dog or a newspaper clipping of something funny that happened in your home town to our daughter Niki who is terminally ill and who is fighting for her life. Essentially we’re trying to flood her mail bag with little things that will make her laugh. She has begun to receive cards from all over the country from friends and relatives and ‘friends of friends’ and it seems to have a very positive effect on her and it gives her something ‘new’ to talk about.

Please address your cards to:

Niki Jimenez
c/o Treasures by R.J.
P.O. Box 1094
Roseburg Oregon 97470 USA

We would love to see some postcards from overseas because Niki has always wanted to ‘travel the world’ but has truly been too sick to do so, your postcards will enable her to travel the world by another means.

For those of you unfamiliar with Fanconi A-Plastic Anemia, it is a rare disease which causes the bone marrow to shut off and stop producing red or white blood cells. For more information pertaining to Niki''s current condition, we have prepared this page we won''t be discussing her illness in-depth here on Price Scope.

We thank everybody for your support in advance. We probably won''t be spending much time on this specific thread because we can''t handle it, but we know that you''re all ''there for us'' and we truly appreciate it.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. She sounds like a fighter.

And a winner.

I hope Niki reads this forum and knows we are thinking of her.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Robin and Todd:

My postcard of San Francisco will be in the mail this week. Your daughter will be in my thoughts in prayers.

God Bless You....

Roppongi

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Same here. I've already sent everyone on my email address book a message with the information.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Robin & Todd,

My thoughts go out for you and your family and beautiful daughter. Reading your page on Niki helped give me a reality check of my life and the people in it and helped me reflect upon what I have and the people around me.

I am sending Niki a post-card of alaska and will exchange some thoughts with her on living overseas (in Japan) when I was younger.

Once again my thoughts and prayers go out to your daughter...

-Josh Rioux

Sitka, Alaska
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
R&T...my prayers are with your family and your daughter. I will send off a postcard this week and see what else I can come up with.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Robin & Tod,

Please accept my sincere prayer and wish that Niki will regain strength and with all hope, recover. I have seen miracles happen with terminal illnesses.

God speed, Niki.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
R/T: So sorry to hear of your daughter's illness.

When I was young, my father was in the service, and he'd go to sea for 2-3 months at a time. When he was gone, I LIVED for the moments when his post cards would arrive.

I'll have them in the mail today. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm so very sorry!! My prayers will be with you.
8.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I'll add Niki to my list for morning prayers, if you don't mind a traditional Lakotah asking One Above in her own traditions...

win

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Life is so bitter sweet. She is definitely in my thoughts as are you and the rest of your family.
I will send out a card this week. I'll try to find something NewYork-ish.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our family is praying for you R&T. Hold tight to HIS hand during this trying time and He will see you through.

Rhino

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I can only imagine how you must feel
Having a daughter myself makes it all too real

I'll write her a poem, that will make her smile
And maybe distract her for a little bitty while

Best wishes, G-d speed.....

isthree00

Rough_Rock
Robin and Todd,

It's sometimes hard to understand why things like this happen, but I believe the Lord is in control. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. I feel foolish even trying to purchase a setting from you when you have something so much more important to deal with.

Again, my prayers are with you. . .

John

bling

Shiny_Rock
R and T,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family...

Bling
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We thank all of you for your prayers, positive thoughts, and support
1.gif

Know that we are not troubled by the possibility of Niki's passing in terms of loss... We will miss her, but we are confident that we will see each other again. The difficult thing is the process... Watching anybody fade out before your very eyes is difficult, but when it is your child it simply stops ones heart. We believe however that this is a path which Niki chose before she was even born and that there is a reason for it, even Niki believes this. So many people have been supportive and giving during this time that we are awe struck, if nothing else, Niki's life serves as an example of positive possibilities for other people (mostly children) who are afflicted with her illness in that she has proven that the doctors are not always accurate in their 'predictions' and her life has served us in that she radiates a positive energy and ever positive outlook even when her platelet counts dropped to 2,400 yesterday afternoon... We must have looked like we got struck in the face with a baseball bat when we read the counts, but she just looked at us and told us that the counts meant nothing, that she's going to beat this... Regardless of whether she does or not, her spirit has been and is uplifting to us. Thank you all.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Niki is in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you all.

clem

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I applaud Niki. She is facing her strife w/ great dignity & life. My prayers that way.

Having been a daughter of a parent who lost a child, my heart & prayers reach you as well.

My prayers are with you all.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I'll send a little something from Wales - tell her that many people all over the world are thinking of her.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Robin and Todd,

I am very sorry for the terrible burden your family has carried for so many years. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been for all of you.

I didn't reply to this thread earlier because I had hoped to find my postcard "collection". (I used to buy a few postcards when I visited a new place and put the date I bought them on the backs.) I was *HOPING* if I could find some of the little brown bags in which I stored them so that I could send Niki a selection.

I cannot find them. I haven't bought any in many years. I will send Niki a postcard from my town in Connecticut. I send all of you prayers and love.

Deborah

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We want to thank everybody who has responded to this request from the bottom of our hearts! The outpour of cards, postcards and letters has been enormous and has been the highlight of Niki's day... We never imagined that there were so many people out there who would take a few moments out of their day to prepare with such care and detail all of the parcels that we have received and the timing could not have been better... Niki spent the past eleven days in the Bone Marrow Transfer (BMT) unit at Oregon Health Sciences Univerity (OSHU) Hospital in Portland which is located about three hours from where we lived. The mail which you sent her was forwarded to us by Fed Ex and provided her with entertainment on a daily basis... She spent about two hours out of every day carefully opening every letter and reading the writing on the back of every picture and postcard that was received. The pictures of your pets and vacations gave her something to talk about and often made her laugh, something not easily done these days since she is in a great deal of pain... We really can't thank you enough, you have touched our hearts in a way which many of you (hopefully) will never understand on a personal level. Niki's condition Fanconi A-Plastic Anemia has progressed to the next unfortunate level which is called myelodysplasia and the path which she walks is not a pleasant one. Your notes give her hope in that they provide her with recognition that she is not alone, that people care... We would like to thank every one of you who has sent a card, etc. but the reality is that there isn't enough time during the day to to so, please accept our thanks here and know that we appreciate every effort that has been made
9.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
This is the first time I saw this thread, I'll send a post card from Chicago tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure we're all sorry to hear that Niki's condition has moved to the next stage. We haven't forgotten about her. Would you like us to continue to send her little cards and mementoes?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
This is a sad and tragical event, that goes beyond words. I hope they will be strong enough to face this terrible loss.
8.gif
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results