shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers and support please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I am sitting waiting for my F1 to come home so we can take our beloved elderly lab to be put to sleep. The day I have dreaded has arrived and my heart is breaking. She has been fine until yesterday morning when she had some sort of episode, we think to do with fluid on the brain. We took her to the vets and they injected and recommended seeing how she was in 24 hrs. Well she now cannot stand unaided and is not really concious so the decision is clear, although desperately painful. I got her 13 and a half years ago when she was six weeks old and she has been the sweetest, kindest most wonderful creature. She has seen me through a divorce and countless other sadness in my life. Bizarrely today would have been my 14th wedding anniversary and is also the 7th anniversary of the divorce from the same man - and she has decided this is her day to go. I want her to go to heaven and be with her best doggy friend who died in August and be forever happy and pain free.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* I''m so so sorry. Prayers outgoing for you and your beloved dog.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no....my strongest prayers and thoughts go out to you, your family and your precious dog.
emrose.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My heart breaks for you. I''m so sorry.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry.
7.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Samantha, I am so sorry. I have three dogs of my own and they are my babies, so I can imagine how you feel. ((((HUGS))))
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I am so sorry. I teared up just reading your post. (((((HUGS))))))

Losing a pet is such a difficult thing. You''re definitely doing the right thing.

I''ll keep you, your FI, and of course your furbaby in my thoughts today.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much, Maisie, your pictures of Honey (?) reminded me so much of my Meg when she was younger. I hope she brings as much joy and happiness to your family as Meg has to me

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in my thoughts.....

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry! Hugs and prayers for you! I honestly think they watch over us after.... she''ll keep an eye on you

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey - my heart goes out to you and to her. This is such a hard thing to do, no matter when it happens. It sounds like you and your sweet girl had many wonderful years of happiness and love. Please know that you are doing the best thing for her by letting her go painlessly off to doggie heaven surrounded by those she loves and trusts the most.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry to hear about your lab...please know that you and your beloved dog will be in my thoughts and prayers.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry, and will send prayers your way! *hugs*

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear you have to say goodbye to your doggie. They leave their pawprints on our heart forever don''t they?

Hugs to you both.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so, so sorry. This has to be the hardest thing one has to do. We love our pets, they are like our children.

I am sending you a big hug.

Linda

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 10:14:02 AM
Author: Samantha Red
Thank you all so much, Maisie, your pictures of Honey (?) reminded me so much of my Meg when she was younger. I hope she brings as much joy and happiness to your family as Meg has to me
She has become such a special member of the family already. When I read your post I realised that we will have to face what you are someday. I am dreading that. I hope you aren''t struggling too much. Saying goodbye is the worst thing about being a pet parent.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Samantha, I am so sorry. We had to put our 13.5 year old black lab Jasper down in July. It is so hard! There are no words. I will be thinking of you all.
7.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha

I''m so sorry, my heart goes out to you. I was tearing up as I read your post.
My little girl went to heaven 2 years ago and I still cry thinking about it.
Similar situation to yours she was fine and then started having seizures all of a sudden then they put her on meds for it but told us she was likely too old at that point to be able to stand the meds (she was almost 14). They were right 11 days after she started the meds her body gave out, couldn''t get up, started going to the bathroom all over and I knew. I didn''t want to do it but it was the best for her she was in pain. I had to help.

You have to be strong for Meg. Celebrate her life and the time you had with her. That''s what I try to do. She will definitely go to heaven all wonderful creatures like her do.
You''ll see her again and she will be with her friend and happy and pain free.
A ton of hugs and my thoughts are with you. You will get through it and be strong again.
My girl is with her brother too he went to heaven almost 5 years ago from old age and I know they are together and happy.
My deepest sorrow for the loss of your baby.

I am going to post a poem that someone sent me after my girl went and I hope it helps you.
I will attach it in the next post.
xoxo

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. Losing a pet is incredibly painful, I know how you feel. You are doing the right thing, even though it''s really hard. Hugs to you and to little Meg. You are both in my thoughts.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha here is that poem. My prayers are with you and Meg today...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha, I''m so very sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Dear Samantha, I''m so sorry. A very big hug to you.
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Samantha,
My heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry. Sending you a huge hug!!!!
15.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Samantha, I am truly sorry. I know from previous experience how difficult it is to let your furbaby go. [[[[[BIG HUGS]]]].

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for such a wonderful outpouring of support. It really does help immensely. We got back an hour ago and it was so peaceful. She didn''t struggle at all and she was so ready bless her. The wonderful vet who knew her really well said she was not talking to him at all and it was completely the right time.

I am heartbroken beyond belief, but so relieved she is playing at Rainbow Bridge and waiting for me faithfully there. Words cannot express my gratitude

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2008 2:12:33 PM
Author: Samantha Red
Thank you for such a wonderful outpouring of support. It really does help immensely. We got back an hour ago and it was so peaceful. She didn''t struggle at all and she was so ready bless her. The wonderful vet who knew her really well said she was not talking to him at all and it was completely the right time.

I am heartbroken beyond belief, but so relieved she is playing at Rainbow Bridge and waiting for me faithfully there. Words cannot express my gratitude
Sweetie, I''m glad it went as well as possible for you all, and that Meg is at peace now. ((((HUGS))))
8.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sad!! I'm so sorry
39.gif
I have had labs and goldens and I know how sweet they are. My condolences!
7.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My heart goes out to you. I have a 10 year old lab who has had several health problems that I''ve posted about over the past several months and I feel that very soon I will be where you are. I''m so sorry you are grieving, they are so loving and selfless, it is truly heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. I will be thinking about you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Samantha, biggest hugs outgoing to you right now. I hope you will take comfort in the many wonderful years you and Meg had together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results