shape
carat
color
clarity

Praise for RW Wise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
I rarely post here except when I'm on a colored stone search for my girlfriend and looking for ideas. Well, I just bought an amethyst from Richard Wise and it is freaking incredible. It:

(a) looks better than the picture on his site
(b) looks exactly how he described it over the phone
(c) was shipped promptly
(d) is literally THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AMETHYST I'VE EVER SEEN. My mom has Tiffany amethyst studs; I've seen amethysts in many of NYC's stores and in the gem collection of the AMNH (which any gem-loving visitor to New York should visit, btw). This is better than all of them. It is very saturated (though a smidge less than some others) and has that "grape jelly" color, but it is RIDICULOUSLY crystalline and the cut is amazing and the scintillation can be seen across the room. Blue flashes, purple flashes, reddish/pink flashes...unreal. The only reason I'm not posting a picture is that my only digital camera is my cellphone and it fails to do justice, but I'll put it this way- I opened the box in the lobby of my building and pulled the little gem-box out, and even from underneath the plastic the sparkles brought a woman who was 20 ft away over to take a peek.
(e) Granted this was on sale, but his price was exceptionally competitive. I talked to another dealer of amethysts before buying from RW Wise and he wanted the same per carat price for stones that looked inferior to this one.

If I can get a fair picture, I will post it. But the important point: I am a very, very very satisfied customer.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 8:56:53 PM
Author:dzop
I rarely post here except when I''m on a colored stone search for my girlfriend and looking for ideas. Well, I just bought an amethyst from Richard Wise and it is freaking incredible. It:

(a) looks better than the picture on his site
(b) looks exactly how he described it over the phone
(c) was shipped promptly
(d) is literally THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AMETHYST I''VE EVER SEEN. My mom has Tiffany amethyst studs; I''ve seen amethysts in many of NYC''s stores and in the gem collection of the AMNH (which any gem-loving visitor to New York should visit, btw). This is better than all of them. It is very saturated (though a smidge less than some others) and has that ''grape jelly'' color, but it is RIDICULOUSLY crystalline and the cut is amazing and the scintillation can be seen across the room. Blue flashes, purple flashes, reddish/pink flashes...unreal. The only reason I''m not posting a picture is that my only digital camera is my cellphone and it fails to do justice, but I''ll put it this way- I opened the box in the lobby of my building and pulled the little gem-box out, and even from underneath the plastic the sparkles brought a woman who was 20 ft away over to take a peek.
(e) Granted this was on sale, but his price was exceptionally competitive. I talked to another dealer of amethysts before buying from RW Wise and he wanted the same per carat price for stones that looked inferior to this one.

If I can get a fair picture, I will post it. But the important point: I am a very, very very satisfied customer.
Do you at least have the vendor photo to share with us? Thanks for talking about your experience.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Vendor pic...

1598.1.jpg

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the best pic I can come up with. I adjusted the color on Microsoft Picture Manager because the cotton in the original picture was a lovely cream color, which even considering that this is taken in incandescent light is incorrect. All those white sparkles- those are red and blue and pink and purple in person. Amazing.

perfectamethyst.jpg

dzop

Shiny_Rock
One more- this was taken with the flash on my cellphone, which is LED so it doesn''t have the red-biased spectrum of an incandescent bulb. This overstates the blue, but not the blue flashes, particularly in sunlight. No color adjustment with this one.

amethystwithflash.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 9:18:24 PM
Author: dzop
Here''s the best pic I can come up with. I adjusted the color on Microsoft Picture Manager because the cotton in the original picture was a lovely cream color, which even considering that this is taken in incandescent light is incorrect. All those white sparkles- those are red and blue and pink and purple in person. Amazing.
Thank you for the photos. I see that the stone is Zambian. I love Zambian material, it has a great deal of blue in it. Lovely stone!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you love it. I too think the amethysts with blue and red flashes stand head and shoulders over the "regular" ones.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pleased you had such a good experience, and isn''t it great when the little blighter you''re buying looks better IRL than the vendor''s pic. That has been my experience buying from Richard Wise too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results