shape
carat
color
clarity

PPM non-pros and wedding day details!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
First the details:

It was truly a wonderful, wonderful day- I couldn''t ask for more! Well... except that I could re-live the wedding as an attendee and not the "co-star of the show", but that''s just not possible
2.gif

Our rehearsal dinner was a total blast- the rehearsal itself was a breeze & the dinner was like a giant party. Our bridal party members are such fun people, and when DH''s family gets together, a crazy time is guaranteed. It was a wedding + family reunion all in one. The food was fab, drinks flowed, and I spent the evening dancing with about 20 "santas" dressed in costume (they were there after some charity event). We had a hotel party with everyone until 2:00am... Actually, it went til later, but *I* went to bed at 2.

I stayed downtown that night, so I spent the early morning enjoying room service breakfast and watching the news/weather- light snow ALL day long!!
9.gif
9.gif
I met my bridesmaids at the hair salon, we had our hair done & my sis had her makeup done, and all turned out well. I loved their hair but wasn''t head-over-heels with mine- but I didn''t HATE it- so it was fine
1.gif
We did our makeup, the ladies got dressed, and we waited for my parents to get to the hotel... a whole hour late. This was the only thing that stressed me the whole day, as it pushed back my time to dress & take photos. Eventually they showed up, I got my flowers (very pretty but super-delicate & not exactly my vision), I got dressed, and we started photos. DH and I did a "first look" and opted to take all our formal photos before the 6:30pm ceremony. I''m SO happy we did this! Most of our photos were inside the gorgeous hotel/arcade where we & our guests stayed, so on occasion guests would walk by and watch photo taking
1.gif
All the bridesmaids and groomsmen looked wonderful and we got a BAGILLION (
3.gif
) photos taken downtown, outside, in the gorgeous falling snow
30.gif
We ended the photos with our family formals and then moved on to the ceremony. I was already exhausted at this point, but adrenaline kept me going. I was totally calm until I heard my bridesmaids processional song. Then my heart raced a mile a minute... Until I saw DH at our altar... Then I was just HAPPY. I was so ready to be married at that point, after already spending the day together. The ceremony was wonderful and personal (our officiant was DH''s uncle and our surrogate ''dad'' in CO), and a number of guests told us how touching it all was. The whole reception is a bit of a blur, though I heard wonderful things! My memory fades after the entrance, cake cutting , first dance, toasts & dinner (which we both ate- completely! Yum!). My MIL and dad gave the toasts (in lieu of parent-dances), and afterwards DH & I started the obligatory guest-visiting and picture taking. I didn''t feel so fab at this point
40.gif
... just exhaustion... and I so wanted to dance with all my guests, but that''s not always an option for the bride and groom! We did bust a few moves
41.gif
, and our DJs were great at complying with guest special requests. Our photogs also did an instant projected slideshow that they edited over dinner, which our guests LOVED- and it gave us a preview of our photos. They took my breath away!

The only "bad" things? I was nervous about my parents being late for photos... One of DHs groomsmen was told he needed to complete a random urine test the morning of the wedding (he''s a now-sober healthcare professional, so this happens every few months), so he missed out on the guys'' afternoon of bowling. Another groomsman was WASTED during dinner, but I pretty much laughed it off
10.gif
Both DH & I were a bit annoyed with a certain guest trying to run the show & boss the DJs & photogs into doing certain things, but both vendors handled it with grace. And the mediocre hair & flowers... But really... I have NO complaints or regrets! It was such a fabulous, memorable day & our guests had a wonderful time. The little hiccups hardly mattered. I''m usually super high-strung, but my mantra all day was, "It doesn''t matter, so long as I''m married!"... and it worked!

Our honeymoon was enjoyable and we''re still floored with the generosity of our guests/friends/family. Life is great- we''re such a lucky couple!

Sorry for the novel- on to the photos! 4 of 5 bridesmaids waiting in the atrium of our hotel for photos.

PPM4of5Bridesmaids.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
In the limo, on the way to the ceremony/reception. It felt like the END of the day, but was just the beginning..

PPMInTheLimobus.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
At the altar... Our venue was in a downtown area. It was pretty industrial looking but had giant floor to ceiling windows on exposed brick walls. We loved it!

PPMAtTheAltar.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The kiss!

PPMTHEKiss.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Husband and wife!!!

PPMINowPronounceYou.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Near the end of our cocktail hour, peering down on the reception area with my parents, watching guests find their seats

PPMLookingOutOverReception.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Grand entrance

PPMGrandEntrance.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Cutting the cake. It was SO YUMMY! Chocolate and white cambord (vanilla w. raspberry liquor), with chocolate mousse, vanilla mousse & bavarian creme filling.
18.gif

PPMCuttingTheCake2.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The cake was four round tiers, alternating white and ivory icing. White snowflakes were piped on the ivory icing and ivory dots were piped on the white icing. Very, very simple. No topper.

PPMCuttingTheCake3.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
first dance!

PPMFirstDance1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing to Ben Kweller''s ''13''

PPMFirstDance2.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Bouquet toss!!

PPMBouquetToss.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Garter removal... DH started cracking up when he realized it was Denver Broncos themed. His Steelers-lovin'' fam wasn''t impressed, and my Browns-loving fam was indifferent!

PPMGarterRemoving.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The guys went crazy for the garter, but they probably wouldn''t have if they paid more attention to who caught the bouquet...

PPMGuysGoingCrazyForGarter.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
DH''s youngest sister caught the bouquet! We did the garter re-mount (with my MIL''s permission & SIL''s consent, of course), but the guy who caught the bouquet was a sweet, modest, conservative guy. He was embarrassed beyond belief.

PPMLittleSILCaughtBouquet.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one... Just a general shot to give a feel of the venue and dance floor. All my friends are crazy dancers, and DH''s family is just INSANE
9.gif
Our DJs said they hadn''t worked a wedding with so much dancing all year long. We weren''t surprised
3.gif

Thanks for looking!!!!!

PPMFeelofVenue.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!! What great pics!!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see the pros!!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG OMG.

I KNOW ONE OF YOUR BM''S! HAHA.

ok, no joke. in the first picture...the one all the way to the right.
aka...jb.

we went to college together, were in an organization together.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay PPM! What a lovely time it looks like everyone had! And yay for so many pictures up so soon! (Although I must confess I''ve seen some of them already!)

Congrats lady! I''m glad it was all wonderful!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:35:00 PM
Author: charbie
OMG OMG OMG OMG.

aka...jb.

AHHH! JB! Staters? Or something else?! Haha... I''ve known her since 7th grade when she moved to OH and we''ve been good friends since 8th/9th grade. I love her oh-so-dearly! All of my BMs were Bucks except for the one with short, short hair (my sis!) In fact, they were all roomies at some point or another. I''m sure you''ve probably seen them in passing, despite OSU being massive
1.gif

Such a small, small world!! Hooray for 6 degrees of separation!!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:46:04 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Date: 12/27/2009 10:35:00 PM

Author: charbie

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

aka...jb.

AHHH! JB! Staters? Or something else?! Haha... I''ve known her since 7th grade when she moved to OH and we''ve been good friends since 8th/9th grade. I love her oh-so-dearly! All of my BMs were Bucks except for the one with short, short hair (my sis!) In fact, they were all roomies at some point or another. I''m sure you''ve probably seen them in passing, despite OSU being massive
1.gif

Such a small, small world!! Hooray for 6 degrees of separation!!!!

YES!!!! We were in Staters together! I was VP when she was a freshman, she was my "Stater Buddy." That is just tooooooo funny, especially that the first thing is, "Staters?" I know a few other "NR" people- they were a bit older tho. I graduated in ''02.

Ok, enough of the TJ- your wedding looks beatiful so far. Can I hear more about specifics as to locations in NEOhio?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:14:28 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Garter removal... DH started cracking up when he realized it was Denver Broncos themed. His Steelers-lovin'' fam wasn''t impressed, and my Browns-loving fam was indifferent!

those darn steelers. hubby is a bengals fan...big time. i got a Browns garter, and his friends want to run away when he threw it.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow Pilsn looks like an amazing day - you looked beautiful
30.gif
and i
30.gif
your cake
21.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Princessplease:Thanks, dear! We can''t wait for pros, either... the waiting is torture!

Freke:
1.gif
Hooray for being FB friends & early access to photos! You had better believe I will be waiting on pins and needles for pictures of your upcoming (& guaranteed to be faaabulous) nuptials!!!

Charbie: My sis graduated in 02, so I know a lot of people in that class. If we ever have a PS gtg, we''ll have to play the "So... do you know this person?" game
2.gif
The reception & ceremony were at Windows on the River in the flats. Our indoor photos/formals were taken in the Hyatt Regency at the Arcade. Outdoor photos were taken in front of the Cleveland Public Library and on East 4th Street (House of Blues, Pickwick and Frolick area... kind of fancy shmancy, with lights strung like the Short North), and a handful were taken in the street (
23.gif
) on Euclid Ave.

Blackpaw: Aw, thanks, you''re too sweet! We actually ate the whole top tier of our cake the day after the wedding
3.gif
It was devoured by me, FI, my parents, sister, SILs and MIL. If we tried to ship it to CO & freeze it, it would have been a disaster!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a wonderful day PPM! You are a really stunning individual! Your BMs are also gorgeous.

I am curious about one thing- did you end up wearing the first dress you bought in OH? It fit you beautifully! I thought you bought a second gown at a sample sale with kittybean or am I not recalling correctly?

Can''t wait for your pro pics in the snow!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you look so beautiful, lady! I love how the dress turned out--it looked stunning on you. You and Mr. PPM look so happy! Congratulations and all the best to you both!

(To answer Claritek''s question: yes, we did find another dress, but I''ll let PPM tell you the rest of the story
1.gif
).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks like everything was lovely - congratulations on your beautiful day!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, PPM! Everything looks just stunning (especially YOU)!!! Congratulations on a beautiful and wonderful day!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THE BROWN!!!!

What a fun day! Love the photos, and you made a beautiful bride!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you guys had a great day and you looked fantastic!!! I have to say that I LOVE your garter :) But I am biased lol
I'm sure Pilsner and Pinky are glad to have their mom and dad back home :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results