shape
carat
color
clarity

PP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That should of read "PP's April sale".
23.gif

The exotic, metallic freshwaters 8-8.5, same color strands are available at a good price. I ordered the pink/silver. Couldn't resist.

Anyone else?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I just got the email and went to the site to have a look... I really wanted an all lavender strand, but looks like they dont have that color...
8.gif

Elle, I am looking forward to seeing what you think of your strand, that color would be my second choice... I am so very tempted... heehee
5.gif

ETA-- when I went to PP to get my pendants a couple months ago they had a few same color strands (I think I saw only the ones with the warmer over tones), and I had been wondering when they would have them up on the site.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Posh, maybe they can do it. Try emailing or calling.

Last year, I ordered a 100" freshwater strand from TPO after diadiva let us know about the sale. It''s an off white color, cream I guess, that looks horrible on me
14.gif
. My skin turned a sickly shade of yellow when I tried it on. so it''s now a belt. I''m hoping pink won''t have the same effect lol.

I''m really curious about the luster. Will let you know what I think. But if it looks anything like the other strand, no pics.
11.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 5:51:14 PM
Author: elle_chris
Posh, maybe they can do it. Try emailing or calling.

Last year, I ordered a 100'' freshwater strand from TPO after diadiva let us know about the sale. It''s an off white color, cream I guess, that looks horrible on me
14.gif
. My skin turned a sickly shade of yellow when I tried it on. so it''s now a belt. I''m hoping pink won''t have the same effect lol.

I''m really curious about the luster. Will let you know what I think. But if it looks anything like the other strand, no pics.
11.gif
Haahaa, I know exactly what you mean since that tone does the same thing to me...
6.gif

Yeah, I should call since they didn''t have the lavender pendant listed on the website either (said they didn''t have enough to list since they only had like 3), and it might be the same for the strands.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
yay for new pearls on sale! :)
I cant wait for photos of your new strand elle_chris

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 5:40:12 PM
Author:elle_chris
That should of read 'PP's April sale'.
23.gif

The exotic, metallic freshwaters 8-8.5, same color strands are available at a good price. I ordered the pink/silver. Couldn't resist.

Anyone else?

Haven't been around here lately due to family illness, but it's over, at least for now.

Sometimes last summer Jeremy sent an email to his private offer recipients that he was working on the exotic FW, mainly multi-color. I requested for single-color strand......in green (I got a silvery green exotic FW pendant from TPO that is divine). Jeremy said it was difficult to get green. Also, he was concentrating on multicolor line first. But eventually he got some, not many then, some... just not metallic green. He picked out a strand for me: pink body with coppery lavender and green overtones. I love it. Pearls are near round and very metallic, especially the green overtone, with great depth.

These new ones are from a different batch but I am betting they are gorgeous, or probably better.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 8:22:26 PM
Author: HHPmom

Date: 4/6/2010 5:40:12 PM
Author:elle_chris

Haven''t been around here lately due to family illness, but it''s over, at least for now.

Sometimes last summer Jeremy sent an email to his private offer recipients that he was working on the exotic FW, mainly multi-color. I requested for single-color strand......in green (I got a silvery green exotic FW pendant from TPO that is divine). Jeremy said it was difficult to get green. Also, he was concentrating on multicolor line first. But eventually he got some, not many then, some... just not metallic green. He picked out a strand for me: pink body with coppery lavender and green overtones. I love it. Pearls are near round and very metallic, especially the green overtone, with great depth.

These new ones are from a different batch but I am betting they are gorgeous, or probably better.
Glad to hear it''s over now.

So umm.. pics?
9.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I posted a pic with my multi color in my pearl thread. Here it is. Trust me, it is much better IRL.

IMG_4282small.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
With multi-color strand

IMG_4283small.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 10:30:05 PM
I thought I posted a pic with my multi color in my pearl thread. Here it is. Trust me, it is much better IRL.
You may have. But I was too busy lusting after your tahitian
30.gif
30.gif
collection to notice anything else.

Both are very pretty strands. The first picture, is of the one with the pink bodycolor right? How pink would you say it is? On my monitor is looks pinkish/peachy- but since each monitor varies, i can''t say for sure. I''m terrified of peach/gold tones. They look very bad on me, no exaggeration.

I''m really torn on these. I"m not sure if I should do the ones on sale- or do a smaller set since I have a lot in the 8-8.5 range (which is my favorite). I don''t have a multi strand yet- so I don''t know if I would prefer a multi- and lastly- I promised I wouldn''t buy pearls until MAY. ..... hehehe...

I guess the thing that has stopped me from buying so far is that I look horrible... HORRIBLE in peach. I do like the silver pink, but I wish there were more colors available. I don''t know though....

I am super excited to see yours elle!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 10:47:04 PM
Author: elle_chris

You may have. But I was too busy lusting after your tahitian
30.gif
30.gif
collection to notice anything else.

Both are very pretty strands. The first picture, is of the one with the pink bodycolor right? How pink would you say it is? On my monitor is looks pinkish/peachy- but since each monitor varies, i can't say for sure. I'm terrified of peach/gold tones. They look very bad on me, no exaggeration.
I am not really good with colors. But, I don't see peach on my single color strand. I think it's the lighting and my horrible photograhpy skill that gave it a peachy look. The overtone looks pinky and lavender, to me, with a few pearls that definitely are silvery green. My cert. says coppery lavender and green overtone.

I don't look good in a whole strand of peach either, ughh...

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 7:54:53 AM
Author: swedish bean
I''m really torn on these. I''m not sure if I should do the ones on sale- or do a smaller set since I have a lot in the 8-8.5 range (which is my favorite). I don''t have a multi strand yet- so I don''t know if I would prefer a multi- and lastly- I promised I wouldn''t buy pearls until MAY. ..... hehehe...

I guess the thing that has stopped me from buying so far is that I look horrible... HORRIBLE in peach. I do like the silver pink, but I wish there were more colors available. I don''t know though....

I am super excited to see yours elle!
Do you have lots of solid tops? A multicolor strand can go with those. But if you own lots of prints, then single-color strand is better. And if you own both solids and prints, get both. hehehe
31.gif

If you''re not sure, ask for a picture of a few silver-pink strands so you can choose. I, myself, find anything smaller than 7mm is too tiny now. And I am not a Wilma sized pearl kind of girl either. You get more for your money with the monthly special. Don''t wait too long. The picking gets slimmer the longer you wait. It happened to me on a monthly special a few years ago.

Good point!!!

I am hoping PP will have a percent off sale for mothers day (like the 14% thing they did before) and that''s when I might get a multi strand-- I''m not in a huge rush, but...I don''t know hmmm...

I do wonder why the solid color strands are so much cheaper than the multi though.. you would think it would be harder to do a single color strand??

I think I woke up too early today. My brain still seems sleepy.. I can''t think clearly.
17.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 9:33:20 AM
I do wonder why the solid color strands are so much cheaper than the multi though.. you would think it would be harder to do a single color strand??

I think I woke up too early today. My brain still seems sleepy.. I can''t think clearly.
17.gif
I don''t know. My guess is the multi-color strands are round pearls. The single-color strands are harder to match, but they are near round. Cut and paste from the other forum''s exotic FW thread.

Someone asked in Nov 2009 "How come PP haven''t put the non round strands on their website? Not enough strands?" .

Jeremy''s reply: "Because strands that are not composed of true rounds are necklace material strands which anyone could collect in China, sorting them from natural-color-strand hanks. They are special and different, but not unique nor unattainable."

So the single-color metallic are much more rare than regular FW, and are high-quality necklace material. The multi-color metallic are more rare than single-color because they are sorted out prior to making necklace (normally for earrings and pendants due to high quality), because they are true round.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks HHP. I'm excited about getting them, will be my first freshwaters (i don't count my belt
9.gif
) Already thinking I'll wear it with the silver akoyas. I love the two strand look.

On a side note- when I ordered the freshwaters, I asked how do I use my pearl points in the little box for comments. Jeremy was right on top of it and emailed me right back. Gave me credit for this strand, and because I never used my points for the akoya (after first purchasing my baroque tahition), credited me for that as well. Granted, they're not large amounts and I wasn't expecting much, but was nicely surprised by the excellent customer service.

Swedish- I know what you mean about wanting multi-colors. I do too. But, the pinks look sooo pretty..

eta: Maevie- I'll post pics, but only a few. I tend to get carried away with the camera and must stop!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they first brought out the metallic rounds, I bought a pair of the 11.5 mm creamy yellow with pink/copper overtones and had them put on shepherd''s hooks. They are absolutely gorgeous and I wear them at least 3 times a week.

Now I''m going to see how close a match I can get on a strand. I sent Jeremy my saved photo (from the site) of my set so he could see if he can match them for me.

Now the real question is, do I want the single strand of 8 - 8.5mm, or do I want to ask him to put together 2 of the strands of 6.5 - 7mm''s and have a 36" strand?

A happy quandry....

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
hmm, i like the idea of a 36" strand. maybe you can just get two and connect them when you want a longer look? or, you can always get the invisible clasp (pearl as a clasp) on both strands at different lengths?

btw, pics?
1.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

I found the photo Jeremy sent me.

my single color exotic small.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pic. I still can''t tell. But since yoiu said pink/lavander, i''m trusting ya
1.gif

Mia from PP just sent me an email with 2 pics showing different strands so I can see the difference. I still can''t. I just asked for the pinkest strand they can do.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I just sent another email to PP, I chose the strand on the right. Looks pink enough!

4-9-10.jpg

gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

HHP- THAT is exactly the color I''d like!

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Freshwater pearls are so amazing. I remember my first strand of freshwater pearls and how I thought it was beautiful, but it wasn''t round and it had rings. Now you see freshwater pearls like this and it wasn''t so long ago. I think it''s just amazing!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2010 9:33:20 AM

I wondered the same thing, so asked PP... it''s because the solid color metallics are AAA quality (some pearls are not perfectly round), and the multi-color strands are freshadamas / gem quality. That info is in the listing, I had just missed it.

I knew the multi''s were freshadamas, but I just assumed the solids were too!

Also good to know.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have mine on order. (I''m weak....) Jeremy found a 8-8.5mm strand to match my earrings. Yay! So now I just wait...sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results