shape
carat
color
clarity

PP versus POJ Akoya earring comparison

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I purchased AAA 7.5-8.0 mm Akoya earrings from both Pearl Paradise and Pearls of Joy. Here’s my comparison:

Pearl Paradise - requested and was sent a picture of three pairs to choose from - chose the pair which was more “silverish” looking, although smaller than other options. I like the tone in person but the pearls are quite a bit smaller than the POJ pair. I also feel the pearl finish (not sure of terminology) is better quality - less nicks etc. Nicer packaging and I like the pouch the pearls arrive in. $208 for the pair.

Pearls of joy - requested, but was not sent pictures prior to shipping. Pearls definitely have a rose tone and are noticeably larger. The finish appears to have more imperfections. Packaging is a black box, the glue came off the outer paper box almost immediately. $135 for the pair - got during Black Friday sales.

Attached are pictures on my ear and a few others showing them side by side.

I would love your thoughts on which one looks better on my ear and why. Also, would you keep either? Since I’d be paying $75 more for the PP pair, I wish they were larger!

Thank you!
RayRay
DF221D51-7426-40E5-8A40-B56D6EAA0EA8.jpeg BFCE9B4D-3722-426F-A43F-38FB3B9E1DDF.jpeg DDE28D1D-49A9-42D6-B621-1542AC0D31FB.jpeg DD8DE5E3-8FD8-48F9-8082-70BA5CD7B038.jpeg 9C8D7700-66CB-47ED-AB02-6A04A42DCA0D.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the whiter looking pair more on your ear, in those photos. Both sizes look just fine on you, but I also tend to prefer larger pearls.

Given your feelings about the surface quality, I would return the POJ pair outright.

I'd also ask PP to see if they had a slightly larger pair in the 7.5-8.0mm range with similarly excellent surface quality. A size range is just that-- a range. Some pairs in the same range will be larger and some smaller.
You'd probably have to return the pair for them to use for comparison, though.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
The PoJ pair looks like it has a better luster than the PP pair, but I disclaim this with saying that it's just a photo-based judgment and not many photos, at that.

Seeing the ear shots, you could definitely go to a larger size range if it were within budget.

The silver tone does look excellent against your skin.

If you care about a particular quality element significantly, now that you've had the chance to compare, any vendor can hand select something for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results