shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me, those two smooth drop strands look so elegant together as a double on your neck. They look like they were made to go together.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My "Wave" Tahitian drop strand arrived yesterday. More photos on the bottoms of pages 21 and 25 of this thread. It is a perfect match to my 54" Tahitian drop rope that I picked up earlier in the sale. I had a few pearls added to the necklace to make it 19".

wtsingle_9009.jpg

wthreets_9014.jpg

wthree9021.jpg

wts_9023.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And, my attempt to reproduce the Wave photo from the Pearl Paradise blog. Luckily it was overcast this morning, so the overtones on these gorgeous drops popped. :dance:

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

wts_9006.jpg

wave_9005.jpg

wvendor.jpg

thewave2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, it's official, you're killing me here.

WOW!

Enjoy (and I know you do) your beautiful new strands and wear them in health!!! It makes me happy to know how much pleasure they give you, Fly Girl.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1411221633|3754276 said:
Okay, it's official, you're killing me here.

WOW!

Enjoy (and I know you do) your beautiful new strands and wear them in health!!! It makes me happy to know how much pleasure they give you, Fly Girl.
Thanks. I do love my pearls. As do you, sister. :))

Yesterday in my local Starbucks the big male barista says to me, "You are into them pearls, aren't you?" I was wearing my little h WSS keshi earrings, white SS pendant from T Lee, a SoC ring from Kojima, and my amazing new multi-color ruckus Tahitian bracelet with the diamond equestrian clasp. I said, yes, but most people don't notice. And, he says, with a grin, "Oh, I noticed." ;))

Doing the Wave!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Fly Girl, they do match perfectly, how wonderful. :wavey: The three layers look perfect!!! All those PP photos really get us excited about pearls your recreation is great!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is 73" of gorgeousness, Fly Girl! :love: I love them all together, but you'll have so many styling options between the 2 necklaces.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Flygirl...Simply Magnificent!!! :love: :lickout: :drool: I love how you styled them together.

I must get a strand...I would love a longer length to wear nested like you did.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you carry multi-strands very well!
in fact, I think better than a single strand!
wowzer!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, sounds like he might have been noticing you and not just your pearls! :naughty: (Although your pearls are magnificent!)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1411224819|3754294 said:
Oh Fly Girl, they do match perfectly, how wonderful. :wavey: The three layers look perfect!!! All those PP photos really get us excited about pearls your recreation is great!
Thank you, Frost Me. I was pretty excited when I noticed that my strand was the first strand in that wave blog photo. The pearls really are pretty.

Kay said:
Wow, that is 73" of gorgeousness, Fly Girl! :love: I love them all together, but you'll have so many styling options between the 2 necklaces.
Thank you, Kay. And, the clasps do link together so I can just loop it over my head twice, arrange a bit, and go. I like my jewelry to be unfussy.

PiscesPearls said:
Flygirl...Simply Magnificent!!! :love: :lickout: :drool: I love how you styled them together.

I must get a strand...I would love a longer length to wear nested like you did.
There are several long strands left from this batch of 5,600 pearls still on the PP web site. :devil: Good luck, and let us know if you do get some. :cheeky:

movie zombie said:
you carry multi-strands very well!
in fact, I think better than a single strand!
wowzer!
Thank you, MZ. I wore the long strand doubled every day on a business trip to Chicago last week. It's easy and fun and nice looking. It seems to go with all my clothing and just kicks things up a notch. On the way home at O'Hare I stopped into a Edwin Pearl shop for a little eye candy. They had nearly all Chinese freshwaters for their pearl selections. The sales clerk admired my Tahitians and I said most people don't know what they are. She said that she did, and in fact had looked around for my body guard. :shock: I laughed. :lol: As we know, with PP prices, you can wear these pearls and don't need to be rich enough to have a body guard. :bigsmile: Thanks again to Jeremy Shepherd for his great eye and his pearl negotiating skills.

cmd2014 said:
Fly Girl, sounds like he might have been noticing you and not just your pearls! :naughty: (Although your pearls are magnificent!)
Thank you, cmd2014. It's a nice thought that frankly didn't occur to me given that I'm old enough to be his grandmother. 8-) I think he was a young man that was more interested in fashion than most, given how he was dressed. :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday in my local Starbucks the big male barista says to me, "You are into them pearls, aren't you?" I was wearing my little h WSS keshi earrings, white SS pendant from T Lee, a SoC ring from Kojima, and my amazing new multi-color ruckus Tahitian bracelet with the diamond equestrian clasp. I said, yes, but most people don't notice. And, he says, with a grin, "Oh, I noticed."

Well, your big male barista has impressed me because I think most people wouldn't even recognize all those as pearls. I hope he serves you again and the conversation continues! Keep us posted.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: Great pearls and great pics! And such a cute barista. Am very impressed by him.

----
I've finally received my strand. It's smooth n lustrous! I can't post pics but a fellow pearl sister has kindly reached out to help so there will be some pics soon.

I'm probably in the running for being last to receive the (off-round) rope though. Yet to receive pic for the final arrangement so it's not even strung. :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ON BEHALF OF ICY JADE:

icy_jade_4.jpg

icy_jade_5.jpg

icy_jade_6.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade: Those are just gorgeous! I love how silvery they are, and I particularly love the large oval center pearl surrounded by the drops. They're fantastic! I also love how well they will go with your acorn earrings (also beautiful btw). Hopefully you are feeling that good things came to you who waited! (the center pearl that they chose for you is perfect!).

I have to admit...I look at each and every strand that has been sold in this sale and have thought how beautiful it is! They are all similar in shape and luster and how smooth and blemish free they are....but each are so different in terms of colour and overtone. It's just been such a fun and stunning sale!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: thank you again!! :appl:

Cmd2014: Thanks! I think irl they have dark body color. Some of the pics were taken near the window so the harsh tropical light just washes the color away. I think they are probably as dark as the other strands? Yes I'm hoping that good things will come to those who wait since I still have the rope! :tongue:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1411589142|3756508 said:
Bsomlo: thank you again!! :appl:

Cmd2014: Thanks! I think irl they have dark body color. Some of the pics were taken near the window so the harsh tropical light just washes the color away. I think they are probably as dark as the other strands? Yes I'm hoping that good things will come to those who wait since I still have the rope! :tongue:

Icy this strand is gorgeous, I thought you had a new strand posted… with the acorns, LOVE. I can't wait to see the rope too!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1411575148|3756342 said:
Icy Jade: Those are just gorgeous! I love how silvery they are, and I particularly love the large oval center pearl surrounded by the drops. They're fantastic! I also love how well they will go with your acorn earrings (also beautiful btw). Hopefully you are feeling that good things came to you who waited! (the center pearl that they chose for you is perfect!).

Cmd: I think you are right. They are silvery green rather than dark green. :oops: I went back to read the description for this strand and it was described as green and not dark green. Oops! Silly me. ::)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1411569346|3756287 said:
ON BEHALF OF ICY JADE:

Lovely strand! They go so well with your acorn earrings :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1411618746|3756682 said:

Cmd: I think you are right. They are silvery green rather than dark green. :oops: I went back to read the description for this strand and it was described as green and not dark green. Oops! Silly me. ::)

I felt they looked silver too, similar to my silver green when you posted to me ICY I was thinking that, please post neck shots, yea!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me|1411654588|3756809 said:

I felt they looked silver too, similar to my silver green when you posted to me ICY I was thinking that, please post neck shots, yea!

Icy I do see them very similar photo to compare:

Yours Icyjade
icy_jade_6.jpg

Mine Frost Me
img_5382.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In some ways, I don't think it matters what we call them....because we should really only be calling them GORGEOUS! :love:

I think they are just beautiful! I am partial to silver Tahitians...they call to my heart in a way that the dark ones don't, as to my eye they glimmer and shimmer and radiate light.

I would say that I am so jelly of your and Frost Me's strands...but she would (rightly) remind me that my first strand of Tahitians from the sale is also quite silver and very similar to the two of yours. I have to admit I keep pulling it out and looking at it...I'm in withdrawal a bit as my other 2 strands are back with PP to be lengthened. Its funny how used to having them we become!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade, your Tahitians finally arrived and they're beautiful! They're great with your skin tone and I love the shapes and luster. I can't wait to see your rope :appl:

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
No idea of the ages of the lovely ladies here, but silvery tones on pearls I think are very flattering and especially when you get older and hair gets silvery too-that strand would be a go-to if it was mine :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy|1411756657|3757476 said:
No idea of the ages of the lovely ladies here, but silvery tones on pearls I think are very flattering and especially when you get older and hair gets silvery too-that strand would be a go-to if it was mine :)
Gemzy - Some of us will never have silvery hair... just sayin'... :naughty:

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
I went to NYC a couple of years ago, I swear I was the ONLY person (man or woman) I saw in a whole week with greying hair ! I work in conservation and we tend to grow older kind of disgracefully, but a low maintenance regime allows more ££ for pearls, which is a good thing right?
Love looking at all your strands to get ideas even though I have to interpret for grey streaks :-/
Maybe I should start a thread on hair colour and pearls..........?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
In the recent recession there was very high unemployment among the over-50 crowd. The competition for jobs continues in my industry (finance), and looking well-groomed and energenic is more important than ever. I can't afford to look run-down or dowdy, because the powers-that-be make assumptions about how you are going to retire soon, and so they help you along to the door.

So, to keep the flow of pearl money coming, I'm trying to stay youthful looking and fit, and laying out for attractive clothing. And, I'm buying attractive pearls. It all helps to boost the image and the self-esteem. Besides, I'm having a ball with all of the pearl shopping. :bigsmile:

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
pearls are so great aren't they, they lift and make any outfit, hairstyle and days are brighter all round . More power to the baby boomers I say!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not silver yet....but I can say that in my profession there are some who do go beautifully and stylishly so. They look great with short silver hair, a gorgeous suit, and beautiful accessories. I aspire to be half as well put together on a good day! My only hope is that I can look so good when my time comes! But I think the key is to be truly silver-white, and not salt and pepper or a middle tone grey. A great cut also seems key, otherwise it can read as "I don't care" rather than "I am celebrating my stylishness". In my mind, silver Tahitians would be a great addition to "I'm celebrating my stylishness!" and I am putting them into my game plan for that stage of life! (any excuse for more pearls, eh?) :bigsmile:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my blue green and multicoloured strand back from PP today (I sent them in to get lengthened just a bit). I am in love all over again!!! Such special strands from this sale!!! The new length is perfect! My dark strands nest perfectly now! Plus I had forgotten how much the white Tahtitians glow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results