shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Exotic metallics - how to choose the right color for my skin tone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so ready to pull the trigger on a solid-color necklace (and later a multi-color)... but I''m held back by not knowing how to choose the right color for my skin tone.

For the solid colors, the options are currently as shown here:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/AltView.aspx?id=3304&LargeWidth=709

(I hope it''s okay to post a direct link.)

Anyways, I need to choose between Silver-Pink, Silver-Peach, Gold-Peach.

I am Caucasian, with pale-ish skin. I believe my skin has yellow and red undertones. I can be prone to flushing (ack). I look better in colors that are cool (blues, greens, cool reds, true white) and not so good in warmer colors (pinks, oranges, cream). I''ve always thought I looked better in white metals than gold, although I do wear both.

Arg! How do I decide which of the 3 colors are likely to look best on me? Any advice is appreciated!

Also, how do I get on the PP preview / promo mailing list? lol

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Anne

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don''t believe in any hard rules. i''m pale, pink undertones and turn copper when i tan. peaches look terrible while pinks work. my friend on the other hand is also pale with red understones, yellow/golds look amazing on her.
Your best bet would be to go and try some strands in various colors on.

As far as PP''s lst, I think you can sign up for it on their page. I do believe they have another list for their more established clients though.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic of a 100" strand that I''ve used as a belt. as you can see, cream/peach overtones do nothing for my red undertones. In fact, the ones closest to the middle of neck kinda look yellow..
14.gif

But, on the right person this strand would look amazing. That''s why you really need to try various colors on.

creamstrand.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Elle,

Agreed, I would gladly try on something similar locally... if I could find such a thing!! lol

I am highly dubious anything I could find here would be similar enough to the PP strands to be "sure". If I lived in the US, I would just buy one of each and send back what didn''t work... but being from Canada, I don''t want to mess with Customs/taxation/returns reimbursement forms. bleh! lol

Anne

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Maybe you should email them with a picture of yourself or your skin and let them help you choose the color. I am Asian and am very picky about the color of pearl that I like because some just doesn''t look good with my skin, but when I am buying pearls, the sellers usually know what will mostly look good on me because they deal with these questions all the time.

For the PP email, there used to be a place where you can sign up for it on the home page of the website. I don''t see it now but maybe I''m just missing it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 11:11:00 AM
Author: Kaori Oku
Maybe you should email them with a picture of yourself or your skin and let them help you choose the color. I am Asian and am very picky about the color of pearl that I like because some just doesn''t look good with my skin, but when I am buying pearls, the sellers usually know what will mostly look good on me because they deal with these questions all the time.

For the PP email, there used to be a place where you can sign up for it on the home page of the website. I don''t see it now but maybe I''m just missing it.

That''s a good idea Kaori Oki - I wouldn''t have thought to send them photos of my skin tone - I also am considering some pearls, but really don''t know what colours/overtones to pick for my colouring

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind that monitor temperature varies from computer to computer. Your best bet to to send an actual pic with correct skintone to PP (you can crop out only the neck and chest part), rather than email a pic.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2010 9:49:43 PM
Author:anne_h
Also, how do I get on the PP preview / promo mailing list? lol

BTW, I think I found out how to sign up... in the upper right corner of their website, if you click "Register" (to setup a PP account), there is an option to subscribe to their mailing list.

Anne

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would give PP a call; their reps are really easy to talk to, and I think they have pictures on their site of various skin tones and various overtones of pearls. However, I haven''t seen this done for their metallics. Or, you might try ordering studs first to get a feel of what they look like in person for less cost and hassle. They also have a great return/exchange policy in case you didn''t like them once you got them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results