shape
carat
color
clarity

Potluck at wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 3:24:47 AM
Author: Gypsy
I would have killed for 50 dollars a head. Seriously.

But that''s another story.

I am thinking that in NC you probably have some great places that do BBQ, and some amazing amature/starting out as pro caterers who have serious rigs for tailgaiting. I think that hiring someone to just churn out lots of brisket, sausage, and chicken all day plus some burgers and dogs for the kids. Then getting side dishes from Costco would be really cost effective (Potato Salad, Green Salad, Beans, Bread, Coleslaw). And you can always post at community colleges asking for waitstaff help to help serve stuff buffet style and pick up dirty dishes and re-fill drinks. Then I''d ask for potluck for desserts so Pies, fruit salads, cakes and for appetizers (so lots of dips and finger foods). Provide just beer (Keg) and wine and soft drinks and turn it into a real big BBQ party with a little potlucking help.

That''s what would probably make me (as the organizer, not the guest) most comfortable. You could probably do that with fairly low cost and a lot of fun.
Haha, it''s amazing how prices in areas vary isn''t it??

Thanks for the ideas! The dessert one would definitely be fun, too. It all sounds pretty easy, and affordable!

Also, thanks for the info on the show - I''ve never heard of that, but I''ll look into it!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I just looked up the show and read about it, even watched the clips of episodes - looks pretty neat! So I guess he''d be told the day of that he''s cooking for a wedding, but they have to throw something in to give him restrictions - I wonder what that could be for this. Maybe that he has to take delivery pizza and chicken nuggets and make something good out of them? Haha hmmm...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:24:23 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Gypsy - I just looked up the show and read about it, even watched the clips of episodes - looks pretty neat! So I guess he''d be told the day of that he''s cooking for a wedding, but they have to throw something in to give him restrictions - I wonder what that could be for this. Maybe that he has to take delivery pizza and chicken nuggets and make something good out of them? Haha hmmm...
Well, personally I like the show. They focus on the cooking and prep, so it''s not like you''d have to worry about them bugging you too much. I don''t think they''ve done a wedding yet. They have a good budget... so you might now end up with more than you bargained for in terms of food quantity and quality.

The challenge could be a no fancy foods with weird names and ingredients. LOL. Seriously, it doesn''t hurt to apply to the show.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:57:48 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/16/2009 11:24:23 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Well, personally I like the show. They focus on the cooking and prep, so it''s not like you''d have to worry about them bugging you too much. I don''t think they''ve done a wedding yet. They have a good budget... so you might now end up with more than you bargained for in terms of food quantity and quality.

The challenge could be a no fancy foods with weird names and ingredients. LOL. Seriously, it doesn''t hurt to apply to the show.
Ah, good idea! Haha we must be able to pronounce all the foods! Or my 10 year old cousin must be able to!
9.gif
I like it!

Thanks Gypsy - I''ll mention it to FI and see what he thinks! I do like that the subjects of the party are not really involved in the show until the very end where they show people eating. Looks like all they need is a person that acts as a liason for the group.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s why I suggested it. I wouldn''t personally have wanted a TV show taping my wedding. But taping the food prep? Couldn''t care less. Interviewing a couple of people for a 1/2 hour about the food (so they can get a couple of seconds of sound bites) .... if it means good free food prep and service. Great. Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results