shape
carat
color
clarity

potential diamond studs. need help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Ok. I'm looking for some I-J Eyeclean studs in the .6-.7ct each range. I have contacted a few vendors (some have been great(Linda and LesleyH) and others just don't respond(unnamed for now) and I have to say that Linda at DI has been great to work with. She's been really responsive to all my emails. Anyways, here are some pics. The first stone only scores a 2.1 on the HCA (vg vg vg vg). I don't know if I should rely on that??? The price: $1133.44.

.616 I SI2
Depth 62%
Table 57%
Girdle 1.5-2.2
Culet PT
Crown Angle 33.8
Pavilion Angle 41.1

Web 246010A.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
should I be worried about the clefts in the hearts?

Web 246010H.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
any leakage? I don't know how to tell. If someone could tell me about what to look for that would be great!

Web 246010IS.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 246010L.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
out. feather reaches surface

Web 246010M.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Will this cloud affect the sparkle of the stone?

Web 246010MAG2.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
do you think this will affect the stability of the stone? Can I cover this with a prong?

Web 246010MAG.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Here's stone 2:
Depth 60.6%
Table 55%
Girdle 0.7-1.3
Culet PT
Crown Angle 34.8
Pavilion Angle 40.9

IVS2 1.6 on the HCA (ex, vg, vg, vg) $1346.88
.610 I VS2

Web 242232A.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 242232H.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 242232IS.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
do you think there's (too much) leakage on the IS image?

Web 242232L.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 242232M.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 242232MAG.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd stone's IS is better than the first IMO.

Both stones lookgreat...the first does have the funky clefted hearts as you noticed but would that cause any sort of visual deficiency? I don't think so.

What sizes are these stones? I didn't see that in the post.

I know that the vendors right now have very low inventory. I would WAIT. I say that because I would never want to feel like I made such a large decision based on a limited inventory. If you are not in a rush, and shouldn't be because they are earrings and not something like an e-ring....then wait it out. It's no extra skin off your back, and it could mean a better amount of options later in the game. I never like to feel like I bought something because it was the only thing available. You are spending a reasonable amount of $$ to be patient IMO. I know its HARD because we always want the new sparkly thing now now now....but I would wait in this instance. I told Sunset522 the same thing, she is in the same boat you are.

Anyway, lastly...I mentioned to Brian at WF last week that I know there were some people like Sunset and yourself who were searching for items and frustrated with the lack of inventory. He noted that if someone were to call in and say what you are seriously looking for, they may be able to assist. So if you have not already done that with a few of the other vendors, I would see what else people can dredge up for you. What is listed on websites and Pscope is not always 100% of what they can do. Some food for thought. It may open up other options...then you have more choices for comparison.

If you went with these stones, you would still have a set of amazing earrings, 99% better than any other earrings out there. It just comes down to your $$ and how picky you really want to be with it. Good luck
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whia! Those are two winners! What lickeage? I would understand that the first stone has just about enough of it to produce contrast, but #2? The "whitest" think there is deep pink, and the black in the arrows betrays a well-done picture to begin with. Those look great to me
1.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Last one. 0.610 I SI1
Depth 62.1%
Table 56%
Girdle 1.5-2.2
Culet PT
Crown Angle 33.8
Pavilion Angle 40.9 $1236.66
HCA: 1.2 (ex ex ex vg)

Web 246041H.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I think that's some lint...not flaws

Web 246041A.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
s

Web 246041IS.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
whew. last one...

Web 246041M.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 instead of #1 you mean? If this ends up looking as "red" as #2 on the Scope, this is probably as much optimizing as one would hope to do, regardless of inventory. I would say....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is totally nitpicky but the third image has an off-center culet.
2.gif
Very nice IS image though in terms of light return! I would do this one over the 1st one definitely. Esp since they are same sizes.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I was really looking for some J studs (so I can save up some $$) but as Mara said, I'm really depressed (as sunset is) about not finding some inventory. What's up with that?
sad.gif
. I thought that all the vendors would have a large stock up because of VDay. It's like 2.5 weeks away!

Sunset started her search in December too but couldn't find anything in her specs. Her specs are stricter than mine but still, we can't find people with inventory. Lesley (WF)and Linda (DI) have been excellent people to work with. I love them both.
love.gif
. I did contact Lesley and she said she was going to contact her buyer to see what's available. I dont know. I don't know.
confused.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I'm in no hurry. I'm going to be in a wedding in May so I was hoping to have these puppies by then. But then yes, I now feel like I would like these babies now. I can wait. but should I? Are these good prices? Do you think they are comparable to ACAs? I'm really torn between the two vendors. They are so nice and considerate and have great stones and great prices. I feel like I'm cheating on if I buy from the other.
saint.gif

Should I wait or are these prices just too good... eek!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Annelcon, good luck with your search. I hope you find something you like for a good value.

Mara, Valeria, do you think that I or even J SI1/SI2 would suffice for earrings? I often wonder since I don't think anyone would come up to your face to check them out so closely. Then again, you never know huh.
rolleyes.gif
A pair of nice matching earrings is also on my list for the future so just wondering. I'm still trying to get my 5-stone ring figured out. That would be first on the agenda for now if anything.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely do I SI for earrings. Not too sure on the J's but I guess it may depend on the stone. Someone I know just got a J superideal and Brian eyeballed it vs an I stone they had and he said the J was whiter!! She got the stone and was soo happy.

So I guess if you have someone whose eyes I trust, I would do J's...but only if they didn't look yellow. I havent seen J's in person so I am not sure how happy I'd be...but I am sure I'd be fine with I color...ESPECIALLY since I was walking around with N's on my ears for 2 years and didn't know any better!!!! But now that I am more picky..who knows.
2.gif

For SI...yes definitely! So many maul cut pre-set earrings are J I1 or similar and you don't even know what you are getting. So if you can find 99% eye-clean earrings and save a bit with an SI2 grading or similar, definitely do it. There is a huge price break at SI2 range.
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, sometimes you can just get lucky I guess. Encouraging patience if one has the time to wait is a good idea Mara. When we bought my ring, I was very close to buying a branded stone, which the vendor kept saying that the cutter is insisted that it was "eyeclean, a brilliant stone." But it was an SI2 and had a huge feather under the table which extended almost the whole length of the table. I was in no rush, I was already married 12 years at that point.
rolleyes.gif
I waited and sure enough we found my stone, a G/SI1 which til today, I have not been able to see any of it's inclusions with my 10x loupe. Each stone is so unique and it does indeed pay to wait if you're not in a hurry.

Thanks for the input. Just for curiosity and comparison I think I'll take a field trip to the mall one day to see what they sell and for how much.
3.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Mahalo Kamuelamom. I'll be near you in May! Good luck on your 5 stone ring!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Ok, after seeing PQ's stone. I think I'm going to wait....The price is a little higher than what I was expecting. And yes Mara's right about patience paying off.

Thanks everyone. ooh. it's going to be hard saying no to these stones. It's going to be even harder to wait....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think you are doing the right thing. I would hate to buy something because the supplies were limited and I didn't want to wait, and then a month or two later find a perfect pair of stones from a different vendor, with my return policy kaput and no upgrade possible since it was a different vendor, etc. So I think careful searching up front definitely rewards you later....my two cents!
1.gif
There are always going to be more amazing stones up the road....you never know what you can find!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results