shape
carat
color
clarity

Posting for Lmurden

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rob79

Rough_Rock
I am posting this on behalf of Lmurden as she is having problems posting pics

Finally I have pictures of my engagement ring. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post the pictures. Oh well, no dramatic story to tell on the diamond search except that my fiancee' who is in the Navy Reserves had basically a 2 days notice that he would be deployed for training and then off to Iraq. This killed our budget and my engagement ring size went from about 1 carat to about 3/4 carat. The good news is that I am extremely happy with my ring. It is so beautiful! It sparkles like crazy and the compliments just keep coming. I said it before but I know for a fact that I would not have been able to get such a gorgeous ring if it were not for the price scope members advice and knowledge.

I got the ring from Blue Nile and they sent an in house appraisal but of course I had to have the ring checked out by a local appraiser. By the way I was trying to use one of the appraisers, Penney Jones?Napier that was listed on price scope but the number wasn't working right, so I had an appraisal done by D. Spadea who works up and down the east coast. He said that diamond is absolutely beautiful and that he does many appraisals on online jewelry venders. He asked me twice how much the diamond was ~:>) and was impressed! Thanks again.

The specs are

.71 Round
I color
VS?1 clarity
61.9% Depth
57% Table
Good Polish
Good Symmetry
Platinum 6 prongs
18 karat yellow gold setting
Seller Blue Nile
GIA # Laser Inscribed
Blue Nile In?house appraisal $4800

favour1.jpg

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Second pic

favour2.jpg

Rob79

Rough_Rock
The ring is Beautiful, a little hard to see setting, etc from the pics, but looks very nice, congrats to you and your future Husband!!! >
2.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Rob thank you so so much! I'm the wife to be. For some reason I just couldn't do it! Thanks again!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Imurden.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, and very simple. Classic.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, Lmurden! I love a classic solitaire in yellow gold!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I adore yellow gold, and it compliments your skin tone so well. Congratulations on your engagement.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much
wavey.gif
. I have retired my Kodak digital camera will be using a disposable to try a and get better pictures.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how pretty LMurden! Love how thin the shank is, it makes your stone look bigger!
appl.gif
What size ring do you wear?
Luv

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I wear a size 7. It's not big but it definitely stands out! I'm so glad that I got an I color because I can't see any yellow and we saved so much money. The appraiser basically said that the color could be the last of the 4Cs if you get a well cut to ideal stone.
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Best Wishes! A lovely ring!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a lot. Do you have a solitaire for your engagement ring? I want to enjoy my new ring, but then it's time to find a diamond wedding band that matches.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
more pictures

0_0656.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
More

0_0809.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
More

201.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
More

0_0811.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
it''s gorgeous!! I too love the yellow gold. I wish we saw more of it around here.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, a traditional beauty.
30.gif
Gold really is the perfect compliment. Looks beautiful on your skin. Congradulations to you both and best wishes to the FI for safe home returns.
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful and so sparkly!! congrats and best wishes
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Look at that baby sparkle!!
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love a classic six prong solitaire, and it looks great on your hand. That baby next to a diamond wedding band...perfection.
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Lmurden, your ring is a classic beauty (probably much like yourself, perhaps???
2.gif
)

1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations.

I too love yellow gold and this looks great on your hand! My rings are also YG and I find that this color creates a nice warm look
1.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

Rms, Cute330xigrl, Icekid, Stretch4, FireGoddess, Jennifer5973, and MichelleCarmen thank you all so much!!! The craziest thing is that right after I got my ring in August 2004 my computer went crazy and I hadn’t gotten it up and running until a month ago so I wanted to post more pictures. Thanks again for all the compliments and best wishes. Just to update you all my finance has just made it back to the United States so it is only a matter of time when he will be back here in Maryland so I am very lucky and thankful for all of the well wishes!

Here comes my ring woes. Having a six-prong ring causes a little problem; no wedding ring can sit flush against the engagement ring so I have to get one made. Now that I have seen how a prong set diamond band will look with a solitaire, I am not sure if I like the look. I think that I want a matching wedding set or to just wear one ring. I just can’t make up my mind, but I think that I’m falling in love with the Ritani Endless love set or the Vatche 3 stone ring and I think either ring would look best platinum. It’s very hard for me to get use to wearing platinum because yellow gold does suit me the best. Anyway, when my fiancé gets back we will discuss it, but I do know for sure that we will be going to Quest Manufacturing in VA to get something custom made. Thank again.

2.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad that your fiance is back in the US!!

Your ring is lovely!!! Lost of fire and brilliance! Best wishes and congratulations to your fiance!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2005 1:18:24 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Lmurden, your ring is a classic beauty (probably much like yourself, perhaps???
2.gif
)

1.gif
Wow, what a sweet comment!
Right back you baby!
2.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Forgot thank Icelady!
1.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond would look lovely in platinum, but it is beautiful in yellow gold, too. In fact, I was admiring it last night thinking about how it''s always refreshing to see a nice yellow gold ring in Pricescope.

Regarding a change of setting, if you like the six-prong look, then have you considered a classic Tiffany six-prong reproduction? Bands do fit flush with that style of prong setting, and it has beautiful, simple lines.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

Hey Daniela,

Thanks for the compliment! At this point, I am so undecided that I will have to have a talk with my fiancé because I want to make sure that I am completely happy. I have looked at what Tiffany’s has online but I am still not sure. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results